Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, that last visual was a little off-putting... but the rest of the section was top-notch smile

If I may offer an English-to-American translation...

They hadn't talked about where their relationship was going yet, but they would do soon.
That gave me a moment of confusion -- we'd say "would do so soon." Still, I figured out what you meant pretty easily, so maybe I shouldn't have even brought it up goofy

Anyway, it's great to see such a happy Clark! smile smile He's certainly earned it.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wendy,

I've only just finished the entire story (am bleary-eyed from reading most of it in one sitting). And I have to tell you, I *love* this story.

Overall comments:
I *love* this story! It's such a fun read. So many stories are *wonderful* stories, but when you read them you're all stressed out because of these horrible things happening to the characters, or frustrated because of heavy angst. That can be fun in its own way, but I'm really enjoying your story as an opportunity to see Lois and Clark fall in love without too much pressure. Clark's fear of touching people was a stroke of pure genius (yes, yes, a horrible cliche, I promise not to use it in my own writing, now may we move on?). It fit his past experiences, but it was also something to keep my breath held over. I think it helped give L&C the opportunity to develop a relationship as friends... it put a barrier on the romance Clark would have liked, and I don't think Lois would really have thought of it on her own.

The A-plot is *excellent*. Everything Luthor is doing is very like him, and I've loved following Lois and Clark as they investigate. You've done a great job with having evidence appear at the right times, and even the actual evidence (and former lack thereof) was perfect. Many thumbs up on the A-plot.

From the recent parts (I'd say the current part, but I don't remember exactly where it cut off and I closed the window):
The thing with Nigel attempting to stab Clark was interesting. I never would have expected it to be Nigel when the scene occurred--I was picturing a young hoodlum, I guess. I'm surprised that Nigel did it so indirectly--threatening Clark but not stabbing him right away. Surely after knowing that two former attempts failed, he'd be more hasty about it?

Henderson is so much fun in this fic!

Perry's reaction to the bugs was very realistic, I think. There oughta be some way to draw a link between the bugs and where they're going, to give additional evidence to the case. Not sure how, though. Maybe Clark could trace them, but how to prove it?

I can't wait to read the rest of the story. Post soon!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Okay, that last visual was a little off-putting...
thumbsup
"Mainlining caffeine could work," Lois suggested.

"Yeah, yeah. My bloodstream's already 90% proof."
More great interaction between Lois, Clark, and Henderson! I think the term is "90 proof" though-- you leave the percent out of it. (Percent and proof are two different ways to measure alcohol; proof is twice the percentage). I did, however, get a terrific visual of Henderson trundling an IV pole, hung with a bag of black coffee, around with him!!
rotflol

So, thanks to all the bugs, our duo are going to have to keep working out of Clark's place. Hmmm, hopefully all that togetherness will breed more smoochies... Seriously, I hope they're going to dig up some really convincing stuff; Luthor is too dangerous to take a chance that he'll get off with a slap on the wrist.
"Ah, Lois. And Clark. Just as I was beginning to wonder where you two had got to," Perry drawled from somewhere close to her left ear.

"Chasing leads. Meeting sources." Lois shrugged. "What we're paid for, basically."
Gee, I wish I could use those kinds of excuses to come and go as I please at my job... :p

I wonder if things are going to heat up again, criminal action wise? Lex knows Lois is suspicious, although he hasn't mangaed to figure out what exactly she (or Clark) knows... and he has misjudged her at least once. Since he's getting more reckless, I wonder if he's going to try one of the outrageous sorts of stunts that peppered the show-- nobody ever just got killed off. All the villians insisted on showboating, which gave Superman (or in the absence of Superman for whatever reason, a very enterprising Lois) a chance to save the day (or the reporter). :p Oooooh, and when Lex attempts to get that document back, and finds out that it's missing... <shudder>

And not that I'd ever suggest that Lois get into trouble just so Clark can save her, but I wonder if aprehending Lex and stopping any danger to Lois (and to himself) could help put the final postive spin on the confidence issue for Clark-- convince him through his own action that Lois is right, and that he does have the judgement to know when to act and when to wait...

Another good read, Wendy, and I'm looking forward to more!

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Just dropping in to reply to Janet:
I think the term is "90 proof" though-- you leave the percent out of it. (Percent and proof are two different ways to measure alcohol; proof is twice the percentage
Darn - another of these pesky UK/US differences. In the UK, 'proof' is the measure of the percentage of alcohol in a drink. So it would be 90%. However, as I've now found out, the US 'proof' is different - and so if I want to have the same effect, I need to say something like 180 or 190 proof? Since it's in dialogue, at any rate, I'd need to change it.

Thanks! Will reply in detail later in the thread.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm thrilled that Clark is over his paranoia. That Lois is the one to help him through it, priceless . razz L&C are on the case. Your days are numbered.

Kerth
Kerth
Lex... you should be worried instead having fun!! smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm a little late again, I'm afraid - sorry about that! Part 25 will be coming up very soon.

I guessed that, now the B-plot is mostly resolved, there might be a falling-off in comments and possibly readers. There are only another three parts now, so I hope most of you will stick around for those.

Sarah, welcome! And with feedback like that, you can visit my comment folder any time! goofy As for Nigel attacking Clark, I think Janet put her finger on it - he's had a couple of failed attempts and Lex is getting increasingly out of control and obsessed, and he wanted to be sure that he got it right this time - he couldn't trust any more minions to do it.

As for Henderson, you haven't seen the last of him yet, so I'm delighted that you're enjoying his presence. smile

Pam, Janet, sorry that you found the visual of Lex with Mrs Cox off-putting - but then, that's the way of the man, and he has to have some ick factor alongside being so plain villainous, doesn't he? goofy No more of that, I promise you.

Oh, and what Lex intends to do about Nigel, Janet? RAFO. wink

I wonder if things are going to heat up again, criminal action wise?
More than you know... devil

Thank you, Maria, Pam, Sarah, Janet, Ethnica and José!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard