Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Helga Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Welcome to...

The Chain

The Chain is quite simple. I suggest a fic, the next person suggests a fic that has some connection to the first one, and then someone else posts a fic which has a connection to the second fic and so on and so on...

When you post you fic, you should also say what the connection is. Connections can be simple (same author, same theme) or a little more clever (has a similar revelation scene, added to the archive in the same week) or just downright complex (the name of that original character is similar to this well known brand of breakfast cereal and this fic has a fantastic breakfast scene in it...*)

So, to get the ball rolling, here's my fic to start the chain:

Honeymoon in... Vegas by Sue S.

Folcs, do your worst... dance

Helga

*If you can make a connection about characters names and breakfast cereals, that would be awesome.

P.S. I blatantly stole this idea from Radcliffe and Maconie on BBC Radio 2. If you're not really clear what I'm on about, and how it all works, here's Radcliffe and Maconie's chain , which is all about songs.

Knowledge is knowing that tomatoes are a fruit.

Intelligence is not putting them in a fruit salad.
Kerth
Kerth
I propose Learning to Love by Carol M because of two reasons:
1) There is a honeymoon scene in it, and it's a Honeymoon in... Metropolis. :p
2) Like Sue S, Carol M is on the board with a first name and an Initial.

Of course, there are more parallels between the stories: Both have Lois and Clark married rather suddenly, in both cases not quite planned, and in both stories Clark has to take a plane before he gets married. smile

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I propose Hiding in the Shadows by Irene Dutch .

1. In Learning to Love, Lois discovers that morning sickness isn't confined to the morning and in Hiding in the Shadows, Caroline decides that she's been much too hard on her patients who have morning sickness.

2. Both deal with the after-effects of violence.

Elisabeth
who is too lazy to log out her wonderful husband--besides, he gave her permission

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
What Makes a Man by StopQuitDon't- story of an attack on Clark.

There's also a great story about the results of an attack on Lois, but she is married to Clark and they were curently trying to conceive, so she chooses not to take the morning after pill in case the baby is Clark's. She solves the case of the subway rapist while pregnant. I have searched, but can't find it. The title was something like "Every Cloud has a Silver Lining" or "The Silver Lining", but I'm not coming up with anything.

thanks!

rkn
Kerth
Kerth
Speaking of attacks on Clark...

Purity by Yvonne Connell. Warning: This fic will haunt you. But it's so, so, so good. laugh

Thanks to Helga for the fun game and for the mention. smile

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Speaking of attacks...

The one mentioned above where Lois and Clark were trying to conceive and Lois was attacked is In a Dark Time by Becky Bain. Excellent fic if a bit hard to read.

Thanks for the mention as well smile .

Top Banana
Top Banana
I suggest To Wake From a Dream by Mobile Richard.

Connection: In the previous story we had Clark entering the ladies' room. In this story we have Lois entering the men's room.

Okay so it's far-fetched, but a connection nonetheless. Love the game. laugh

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
In Dreams by Kaylle. This story, like the previous, has "dream" in the title.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Top Banana
Top Banana
Above Alt Else by SunRei. Like In Dreams, this story involves an alternate universe--and sort of an alternate beginning.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Clark Kent, This Is Your Life like Above Alt Else involves an alternate universe where Clark has been hurt by Lana and Lois tries to help him.

Great stories in this topic! thumbsup

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Top Banana
Top Banana
Can I post again? wink

The Other Woman Part 1 and Part 2 by ML Thompson, like "Clark Kent, This is Your Life" is about an alternate universe where Clark is married to Lana. And he contemplates having an affair with Lois.

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The Road Taken by Terry Leatherwood. Like in The Other Woman, Lana doesn't survive the story.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Features Writer
Features Writer
The Long Road Home by Erin Klinger. It has the word road in it, and it's also an AU fic. And oh yeah, it's one of the best L&C stories ever. wink

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
When Lovers Become More by Kathy Brown.

Why?

Because both have unwritten sequels. Not that that's a hint or anything...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just read In A Dark Time by Becky Bain. Chilling stuff. Excellent story though. I couldn't stop reading it, even as bad as I felt for Lois & Clark. It makes me want to roam the streets looking for, and killing, rapists. But that would be "wrong"....

Anyway, sorry to waste everyone's time, back to the game......

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lost and Found by Jeff Brogden.

Alphabetically, his name appears in the archive just before Kathy Brown's and like "When Lovers Become More", his story also won a Kerth.

Hey, Helga said the link could be tenuous... wink

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
My suggestion is Addicted by Yvonne Connell (try to get the nfic version if you dare), because in this fic, Clark is metaphorically Lost until Lois is able to Find him.

MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
I would go from Yvonne's Addicted to Jenni Debbage's A Universal Union - Book One

Both these stories used red kryptonite in a slightly different way. In Addicted, it's used as a drug. In Universal Union it's used as a source of heat.

[By the way, check out Book's Two and Three of Universal Union as well. Oh, and Jenni, when are we going to get Book Four laugh ]

wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Originally posted by MLT:

[By the way, check out Book's Two and Three of Universal Union as well. Oh, and Jenni, when are we going to get Book Four laugh ]

wave
Exactly.

Top Banana
Top Banana
From Universal Union I'd take us to Teaching Indecency by Laura S. In Universal Union Lois starts out as a student. In Teaching Indecendy Lois goes undercover as a student. And, in both stories, Clark/Kal-El rescues (or attempts to rescue) Lois from an older man.

This *is* my happily ever after.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard