Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kaethel Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Awwww. That was so sweet. blush I love how she realised she loved him, and I love how he admitted he loves her so much he can't put it in words. The solution was clever, too, but what I liked best was the last few lines and the reference to TOGOM! laugh Smooth!!

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Very sweet and funny. Thank you Tank for coming up with the idea, and thank you Wendy for fixing it. thumbsup

Melisa

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Awwww, Wendy, that was lovely! You certainly made it look easy. wink

She ran her fingers through her long hair. That was the one part of her new life which she’d actually found that she liked - the long, free-flowing style really suited her and, she thought, was very comfortable to wear.

But a new hairstyle was far from compensation for everything she’d left behind.
thumbsup

Mere smile

A diabolically, fiendishly clever mind. Possibly someone evil enough to take over the world. CC Aiken, Can You Guess the Writer? challenge
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Cute story. hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
Awwwwww..great finish! clap

How do you whip that up so fast??

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL on that last line! Good fix Wendy. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
You had me in tears, Wendy. mecry

I love it, the way she looks at her memory box is just so touching, and captures perfectly her homesickness even without Clark there. Course, once he's there, it gets even better. <g>

Julie smile

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Kerth
Kerth
They get a good solution, but I hope nobody else knows it!! goofy

Jose hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I see that Wendy forgot to add the last few lines to her part of the story. I'll be a good guy and add them back in for the gentle readers.

... Suddenly Clark, even though he was Superman, was nearly blinded and deafened by the bright flash and instantaneous boom of the massive lightning strike. Once his vision cleared he looked down at his precious bundle.

"Lois, I ... oops."

Clark had known that lightning was an unpredictible force of nature, but he was unprepared for what had happened. He glided swiftly to ground and gently laid the charred corpse of Lois Lane on the soft grass at his feet.

"Gee," he began, confusion in his voice. "It worked with Waldecker."

Tank (who is always ready to help out)

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Great part, Wendy!! thumbsup thumbsup I can't believe you came up with it and wrote it in such a short amount of time!

Fantastic!!

Your turn to set up a T&W challenge fic now, huh? wink

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

P.S.:

... Suddenly Clark, even though he was Superman, was nearly blinded and deafened by the bright flash and instantaneous boom of the massive lightning strike. Once his vision cleared he looked down at his precious bundle.

"Lois, I ... oops."

Clark had known that lightning was an unpredictible force of nature, but he was unprepared for what had happened. He glided swiftly to ground and gently laid the charred corpse of Lois Lane on the soft grass at his feet.

"Gee," he began, confusion in his voice. "It worked with Waldecker."
No comment rotflol

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Merriwether
Merriwether
I love the "fix", Wendy, especially the idea of sharing Clark's powers with Lois. I laughed at the Argentina line.

And Tank, you're an evil evil man. It's no wonder that they're called *Tank* endings! lol

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow, Wendy! On IRC the other night you said it'd be no problem, with just a sketchy outline of what Tank had set up... your quick brain amazes me!! You do such a nice job of making your fixes seem as if they were always intended to be part of the original story.

I wouldn't have thought of the Ultrawoman angle... I'd probably have had Intergang diluted, rounded up, disbanded, and neutralized. Too predictable, though, right?

And I have no doubt you'd be able to overcome Tank's little addition here in the FDK... maybe a dream sequence of Lois'? Superman or no Superman, I'd be pretty nervous of lightning and what it might do to me...

Curses, Tank, foiled again? Or not...? What else have you got planned for Wendy and our duo? I guess it's a good thing you're retired, or there'd be a lot more of this sort of thing around here. laugh

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Awww Wendy, this was such a good ending. Not Tanks! grin.

I just loved this whole story, her getting shot and hit, moving, not liking the neighbors, the box under the bed, missing Clark, him coming to find her and then the great idea of sharing his powers. what a neat idea. I don't think anyone has written stories on that theme have they? Of course I'm only into the M's I think!

Anyway. it was great.
Nancy

It's always such an embarrassment. Having to do away with someone. It's like announcing to the world that you lack the savvy and the finesse to deal with the problem more creatively. I mean, there have been times, naturally, when I've had to have people eliminated, but it's always saddened me. I've always felt like I've let myself down somehow.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

An excellent response! smile1

Tricia cool

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Speaking of replying to comment folders - as I was elsewhere on these boards - I just remembered that I hadn't replied to this yet. Sorry, guys! frown

I'm really glad that you liked the solution. As Janet mentioned, I thought of the way out even before I'd finished reading Tank's part 1. I was on IRC at the time and several people there had already read it and were asking how I thought I'd get out of it, so I told them I already knew how. goofy This was rather easier than Tank's usual challenges!

Oh, and of course I couldn't resist the TOGOM dig! goofy

I'm also pleased that some of you mentioned Lois's treasure box. Even though she was in the witness protection programme, I couldn't see her not taking some keepsakes and mementoes with her.

As for Tank's epilogue... [Linked Image]

And some of you asked about the next challenge. Of course, it's my turn now. So all I can say is: Tank, be afraid. Be very afraid... [Linked Image]

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Sorry this is SOOOOOO late, but I just read this on the Archive and wanted to respond

By now a LOT of people have probably seen Desperate Housewives.

I loved the story and won't be able to watch the TV show again without thinking that Susan is Lois Lane in the Witness Protection Program. laugh

Rumor has it that Clark Kent will be turning up soon as her brother too wink

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard