Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hope you enjoy. smile

Look, Ma, no ellipses...

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't grumble

Okay now that I got that out of my system, Clark's smart...he'll wonder why she seemed to be, uhm, how do I say... "teasing" him if she had any real interest in Luthor...RIGHT??!!??

YO! CLARK!!!TELL HER SHE SHOULDN'T DO ANYTHING!!!

That's just my take on this...I think if Lois had never answered Luthor at all he would have gotten perturbed and acted..."Luthorish" meaning he would have gone all monster and domineering on her as Luthor is known to do.

Sooooo...let's just get back to pt 6 soon hmmmmm???

TEEEEEEEJ

Merriwether
Merriwether
I sense restlessness in the force thumbsup

I can't think b/c I am soooooooo cold. My fingers are slightly numb. Man you write well.
Can I be in front of the fire with CK? confused

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Interesting part. thumbsup

"No...no, not *bothering*...exactly.... And this...." She chewed on her bottom lip, obviously undecided, then blurted, "It's about Lex." She winced, and he eased up on the grip that had become reflexively tighter, contrite. She gazed up at him with eyes that harbored unease and then said softly, "He...he asked me to marry him."
eek You have Lois and Clark hurt, stranded in blizzard with people wanting to make cheese of them and you add to the situation Luthor.
You are hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
I was beginning to wonder what your timeline was, exactly... You said at the beginning that it is loosely set around BatP/HoL, and that you tweaked it, so... good to find a spot to cling to in time-space. goofy Don't mind me, I'm currently reading The Time Machine (HG Wells!). laugh

Anyway, you set up such an intimacy that holds a lot of promises, once they sort out the Luthor arguement (well, it isn't an arguement yet, but you know what I mean).

I love the way you give the owners of the cabin a character - of course, Lois's impression might be wrong, or slightly off, but at least we know it is probably not anyone named Norman (or Jason, or Freddy... or that guy from Scream. goofy you get my drift). That is comforting, because we can concentrate on L&C instead of constantly thinking, "OMG! They're gonna be attacked now!" Or something along those lines, anyway. Great job on this part!

Julie smile ( really looking forward to the next two parts now)

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well Clark is a smart boy,she is in his arms, I am sure he will figure out a way to dissuade her<g> Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
YAY!! smile1 Can't wait to see where the next part takes us. Just hope Clark gets back under those covers at some point lol! thumbsup Okay, I'm done reading, time for Lab to post part 6. What are you waiting for?!?!?!? huh Bring it on! LOL!

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." Chris Reeve

"Whatever comes our way, whatever battle we have raging inside us, we always have a choice. It's the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what's right." Peter Parker

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
'Snowbound For Love'
That's the subtitle for this story, right?!

There is some love coming soon, right? I said after the first part that I didn't know where you were going with the story- and you've kept me guessing at every post! Just when we thought it was safe to relax, you threw something else at us. I'm sending my muse to you for tutoring.

I really enjoyed Clark's discovery of his 'human' emotions: hunger, pain, cold-- I wonder what effect this would have on his psyche as Superman.

Thinking about Superman: Do we find out what the heck is going on with his powers? Is Lois wearing a Kypto-ring?

Who the heck owns this cabin? Lobster Bisque Soup?

I think Lois is a smart gal... as soon as she allows herself to think about it, she'll get grossed out by Luthor, then Clark can soothe her disgust... Whaddya think Labby?

Bring on part 6!!!

~sunkist

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
Kerth
Kerth
OMG!!!!!! eek

hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow, Rat - this just keeps getting better and better! laugh
"Highland Game it is then. I think that means venison,"
Are you sure it doesn't mean haggis? rotflol

I'd give anything to know what Lois was saying... and have Clark listen properly and point out what an IDIOT!!!!!! she is even to contemplate marrying Lex... but I have hope that she'll discover it for herself shortly. (Right, Rat? Right? Right?!?)

The awkward silence stretched as they stood there, side by side, and yet further apart than he had ever known. She felt so far away from him, as though already lost forever, and he had no way he knew to draw her back.
/me makes a little neon sign saying 'Kiss her, you fool!' and hangs it in front of Clark

Now, how'm I going to occupy myself for a whole 'nother day and a half till I get the next section? *sigh*

Mere

A diabolically, fiendishly clever mind. Possibly someone evil enough to take over the world. CC Aiken, Can You Guess the Writer? challenge
Top Banana
Top Banana
I do love the intimacy of this scene. It just begs for confessions, and Lois has jumped in with both feet with hers. I think it's telling that despite the fact that Lois knows how Clark feels about Lex, still she turns to him for advice. Deep down she knows that he will be there for her.

And poor Clark! Here he is, truly vulnerable for the first time in his life, and Lois smacks him upside the head with this! My heart just aches for him. That and it wants desperately for him to just sweep her up in his arms and show her why she can't even consider marrying Lex. Perhaps that would require him getting shirtless again? wink

LOL over the 'Highland Game' (don't even want to guess what might be in that) and 'Lobster Bisque' soup options. Then again, any food is better than no food in this situation.

Keep it coming, Lab!

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Aaaahh! What was she SAYING?? Lab?? What did he miss???

I agree with Lynn that it's somewhat telling that Lois wants to talk to Clark about Lex, even knowing how Clark feels about him. I had gotten the strong impression from earlier in this part that Lois wasn't considering marrying Lex at all... she was resenting him for blindsiding her, for (Lois's description of it) ambushing her:
How could she have missed it? There must have been signs, surely? How could she have been so blind? So stupid?

And what was she going to do about it?
I got the strong impression that she was wondering more how to get herself out of this situation entirely-- not whether she should say yes or no, but how to extricate herself from a situation where she feels in over her head. How do you tell someone that you don't see it that way at all, when they appear (Ha! We know better, don't we?) to be laying their heart at your feet? And you don't feel that way at all?

So if Clark can keep his cool, what is she going to tell him? What DID she tell him (Huh, Labby? What??!!) when he (and we!) were all distracted? Is she asking him for advice on how to get out of this situation? This is very interesting because I just can't get a feel on what's going to happen next. Clark is so (justifiably) touchy about Lex, he could become standoffish enough that Lois gives up and gets angry at his attitude. All the physical stuff he's feeling-- exhausted, achy, cold to his bones, and HUNGRY-- could only complicate his ability to stay calm, collected, and approachable about this. And Lois-- she's upset that she's been put into this situation by Lex, to the point she's shoved the whole thing out of sight, locked up in the dark attic corners of her mind. It might not take much for her to just shove it all back in there, instead of getting it out and talked about-- depends on Clark's reaction, I think.

And that's another thing-- with the added unpredictablilty of Clark's powers, we don't really know what'll happen there, either. Will his powers come back fully during their stay in the cabin? Will he fall into a deeply exhausted sleep and float? We've all been assuming this'll be partly a revelation story (or ok, at least I have)... but will it be? There's no sunlight there to speed up the "healing" from the kryptonite exposure. With only two sections to go, maybe it will remain a secret. Clark was certainly relieved that Lois didn't find anything strange about his actions when they were being shot at (other than her perfectly justified "how could you be so foolish" sort of reaction we'd ALL have if we thought our loveable but normal lunkhead was going to try to stop a bullet for us).

So c'mon, Labby, GIVE! What happens next?? You've got us all firmly hooked. Nice job (again!) on this part, especially the funny bits like Lois' expectations (vs. the actuality) re Clark's actions, and the heebie-jeebies Clark is feeling without his superpowers to give him any advance warnings, and the soup selections! It's like the owner(s) try so hard to be "one of the locals" but fall just shy of it: you've got the prestocked baskets of wood in the shed, the filled and ready-to-hand lanterns, the camp stove (Oh, what woodsmen these men be!)... and then you have... Lobster Bisque (What woodsmen...er, huh??).

I'm looking forward to more!

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I don't mean to wreck the romantic atmosphere here, but am I the only person worried that the smoke from the chimney will show their attackers where they are? shock LaurieD

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ooo, great part, Lab! Love Lois's thoughts about... well, everything, actually. Romantic, funny, clever, romantic, intriguing, funny...

So, she feels ambushed by Lex, and is looking a little differently at Clark? Nice. Maybe in another few months, she'll be able to admit it. <g>

Nice touch with the soup, too.

Now she's talking to Clark. Wow. Never saw that coming. Aparantly, neither did Clark. Otherwise, he'd have been prepared to listen.

Hey... Clark's vunlerable now, right?

/me grabs the First Aid kit, replaces the bandages with the Lobster Bisque for a little extra weight, and bonks Clark on the head.

"Listen to her, you idiot!"

Can't wait to see what happens next.

Oh, and bad guys, too. After he's done telling her that Lex is evil and he knows because he's Superman, and after she's done acknowledging that Lex is evil, dealing with Clark being Superman, and realizing that she's in love with them -- or, well, him -- then they should go take care of the bad guys. That sounds good.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Top Banana
Top Banana
The first thing his partner had pounced on when he returned was the box of cook's matches among his haul. Curiously, she had seemed almost disappointed that he'd found them at first, but whatever that had been about, she'd quickly rallied, patting him on the shoulder as though aware she was being ungrateful, and declaring she was definitely going to make sure she was partnered with him for the next Daily Planet Annual Family Picnic's scavenger hunt. They'd be sure to win with his skills, she confided, adding darkly, unless the team from Accounts cheated again, like they had last time.
I want to learn this trick! You tell us so many great things here in this seemingly random, off-hand way. Poor Lois on seeing the matches...when she was so satisfied that she had found Mr Cabin Owner's weakness. I can just see her face falling. But she moves right to noting the advantages of Clark's resourcefulness. For her own gain. As long as no one cheats!

Love her. Love how you she sounds just exactly right in what she says and thinks.

And then you change the mood so perfectly with Clark's "Penny for them." And later, and most poignant for me, his "Thinking of accepting?"

Oh. Made my heart ache.

Wonderful. Really wonderful. These comments of mine in no way do it justice.

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Top Banana
Top Banana
oops, how did I forget to comment on this? blush

This was awesome Labby..just your standard great conversation ending with Lois coming right out and asking Clark what he thinks she should do about Lex..wow.

Now Clark better tell her the truth, and however are you going to wrap this up in two more parts? (not that I have any doubts it'll be perfect)

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, it was wonderful to read all of your comments on this segment. Especially the speculation, quite a lot of which got pretty close to the mark. LOL! And some of which was fairly wide of the mark.<g> I'll leave it to part six to let you know which was which.
I can't believe you stopped right here!!!!!!!!
Ooops. laugh The funny thing is that it never occurred to me that this was an evil cliffhanger at all. LOL! It was just the only really logical place to cut it, in the middle of what was a very long scene and didn't lend itself to being chopping in half. Of course, in retrospect, once I read the comments folder, I realised it was pretty mean at that. <g>

I said after the first part that I didn't know where you were going with the story- and you've kept me guessing at every post! Just when we thought it was safe to relax, you threw something else at us. I'm sending my muse to you for tutoring.
blush Aww, Sunkist, thank you. That's an adorable compliment. smile And…RAFO. <g>

Thinking about Superman: Do we find out what the heck is going on with his powers? Is Lois wearing a Kypto-ring?
LOL! No. <g> In fact, we've learned all we're going to about what happened to Clark in earlier segments. He attended the bank robbery and was affected there by the kryptonite (this was a loose translation of events in HOL, but I didn't adhere to them perfectly. As I recall, Clark wasn't that badly affected by Mrs Cox's little experiment on behalf of Lex. Just enough for them to know that the k affected him, so Lex could plan his K-cage). Since which time, his powers have been fluctuating in and out, become completely unreliable, and even when working aren't functioning at full strength.

I think Lois is a smart gal... as soon as she allows herself to think about it, she'll get grossed out by Luthor, then Clark can soothe her disgust... Whaddya think Labby?
I think she might definitely surprise you. And a few others. wink

Well Clark is a smart boy,she is in his arms, I am sure he will figure out a way to dissuade her<g>
Ya think, Laura? Of course…maybe she doesn't need dissuading. laugh

Is this the Campbell family's secret hideaway?
ROTFL! Wouldn't be at all surprised.

Are you sure it doesn't mean haggis?
Haggis. Bleah! Certainly hope not. I've put those poor kids through an awful lot in this one – but making them eat haggis soup would definitely be cruel and unusual punishment, beyond even the most vicious of authors.

/me makes a little neon sign saying 'Kiss her, you fool!' and hangs it in front of Clark
Clark might just be listening, Mere. wink

Lynn and CC, as always, I found your comments fascinating. It's always a delight to view your creation and characters through the eyes of a reader.

Perhaps that would require him getting shirtless again?
ROTFL!

This is very interesting because I just can't get a feel on what's going to happen next.
Oh…I dunno, Toc. You looked to me to be doing pretty darn good. I was entranced reading through your thoughts and speculation. Just one response – stop rummaging around in my hd! goofy

I don't mean to wreck the romantic atmosphere here, but am I the only person worried that the smoke from the chimney will show their attackers where they are?
Nope, Laura – Maria was worried about it back in part four. goofy Remember this is lakeside cabin country. Smoke from chimneys will be an everyday thing for the gang, not anything out of the ordinary or unusual, so they won't think twice about it, even if they see it. The cabin Clark and Lois are in isn't the only one in the area.

/me grabs the First Aid kit, replaces the bandages with the Lobster Bisque for a little extra weight, and bonks Clark on the head.
LOL, Paul! Also liked your short synopsis of the remaining two parts there. <g> Wonder how much of that is actually in there. Er…

Miscellaneous comments which made me laugh and which I can't pass up commenting on, for that reason:

I sense restlessness in the force
Can I be in front of the fire with CK?
You have Lois and Clark hurt, stranded in blizzard with people wanting to make cheese of them
(this one just tickled me because of the cheese reference. ROTFL!)
Just hope Clark gets back under those covers at some point
Thanks once again, everyone, for the great comments. You're making this posting lark so much fun!

LabRat [Linked Image]

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard