Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#161110 12/12/08 04:18 AM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
This reminds me of that episode of Mad About You where the successful sister and the unsuccessful sister get their purses mixed up. The unsuccessful sister has a wonderful day and gets a high-paying job with the organized, well-packed purse. The successful sister finds that her life is ruined with the wrong purse. rotflol

Elisabeth

#161111 12/12/08 05:23 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Wow! Thanks for the replies, everyone! I didn't know this topic would spark so much interest but it has. If one's purse reveals much about her then many of us are very very interesting folks! (or FoLCs, ha ha).

All of this for one little throwaway line in the fic....thanks everyone.

#161112 12/13/08 02:01 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
A screwdriver isn't that odd. I keep a swiss army knife in my purse at all times. The screwdriver has come in handy at work!

I know something else odd I found in my purse. I was visiting my family this summer, and my step-brother was playing with my purse while at my grandmother's. We got back from vacation and I emptied out my purse, and I found a catnip mouse that I knew I'd seen at Grandma's! I was tempted to mail it back, but my kitties love it so.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#161113 12/14/08 07:30 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Our nurse practitioner today told me that she had strep throat test doohickeys at home for some reason [she's not sure why]. Surely they were in her purse at some point...?

Carol

#161114 12/15/08 07:59 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I used to be such a pack rat. However, I learned the hard way not to carry butter packets around in my purse. grumble I don't carry Jam or sugar anymore either, though thankfully that's not due to similar disasters.

I also have one of those things that you strap to a bike in order to carry food or something. It's folded up and stuffed in my purse for some reason.

There also used to be a deck of cards, though I suppose that's more sensible by comparison.

Then there's a set of teeny tiny tools, which I still can't think of the use for. confused

Oh, and guitar strings, still in the wrappers. That actually came in handy once! A guitar pick, as well (a few, actually). Broken pitch-pipe, too.

~•~
#161115 12/17/08 09:56 AM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
At my mother's workplace they charge money for forks, knives and spoons if you buy certain items but are included for free if you order other items. It's a silly system, but it drives her nuts so she started carrying those plastic packs of utensils in her purse. They went to a party and their table won a pie, but they didn't have any plates or utensils to eat it with. So they ran into the bathroom to get some towels while Mom dug around in her purse. Some people did end up using a knife to eat their pie, but she found enough odds and ends for the whole table to have something. Then the second place winners wondered where they got the utensils from, so they washed them off to share. I know, I'm rambling off topic again. But since I don't seem to care so much... laugh

Elisabeth

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard