Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Brooke Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow! That was amazing! I was bawling my eyes out! What a beautiful chapter! I just still cannot believe that Clark was willing to die for the sake of Mira's pain. He is a caring man, but to just give up for all he held so dear for the sake of his daughter was amazing! Though, I found myself yelling at the screen, "Clark you idiot, get the transplant!" I was so happy at the outcome! What a beautiful part! I spend all yesterday hoping for a post and I was so thrilled when I saw it! Can't wait for the next chapter, I am at the edge of my seat as it is. clap

Features Writer
Features Writer
Girls, goofy )

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow guys.. this was wonderful.... mecry

Thank you..

Clark can be a lunkhead sometime... I'm glad he came to his sence.

The baby's name... wonderful 'Mira' nice name...

looking foward for more

Meni cool

Is it a bird?" "Is it a plane?" "No, it's just a guy in tights and a cape!"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
[Linked Image] How sweet! This chapter made me happy! It's a girl! [Linked Image] Congratulations, Lois and Clark, and thank you [Linked Image], SQD & Jenni, for this beatiful story!!

Mira's birth brough more sweetness to story and to my life. Although when Clark told there wouldn't be a transplant, I wanted to shake him and to scream like Lois: Clark, you bastard, how you dare!? [Linked Image] We are all cheering for you since the beggining and now you want to die, you lunkhead!? [Linked Image] It isn't fair!!!

Fortunately, we have Lois, and Martha, and Jonathan, and Perry, and Sam, and <OMG!> until Ellen, [Linked Image] to make Clark to give up being so stubborn! [Linked Image]

Now I hope for the transplant... and for their dinner-in-bed, too! [Linked Image]

~Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great piece. drool

At his mom's suggestion, Clark took Lois to see a couple of larger apartments and after some discussion, and some financial help from Perry, they put a 'down payment' on a top floor apartment with a spacious loft and a very convenient balcony. Lois pointed out that Superman could fly in and out without being seen... once he was back in business, of course.
confused No house on Hyperion Avenue? Perry loan the money?

"Clark, I don't fully understand what's going on inside your head," Sam started. "But I assure you, Mira wouldn't be in very much pain from a simple marrow extraction." The reasons behind all the young couple's actions no longer seemed important to Sam, and the doctor in him wanted to help. "I really don't think there are any medical reasons for you to worry."

Clark faced his father-in-law. "That's what Dr Klein said, but I've read that things can go horribly wrong. She'll be sore and it won't be easy to handle her."

"All that's true. But, the chances of things going wrong are very rare, and the recovery rate of a baby is so much quicker than that of an adult. Mira is a very healthy baby, and within a few days, she'll be as active and energetic as a child who hasn't been through a thing. Clark, please don't make a drastic decision because you're afraid of causing your daughter pain. She'll get over that short trauma far more easily than growing up without a father. Don't do what I did!" Sam's voice was thick with remorse.
thumbsup I love Sam words.

"Well, you have a mother-in-law there that thought you two having a baby was insane… until she met her granddaughter, that is. She might try to hide it, but anyone can see she's as proud as can be of that little girl." Jonathan smiled at Ellen, as she nodded her head firmly in agreement. "And what about Sam? He used to believe he needed a boy to make his life complete. I'm sure he has a few doubts now."

"A lot, Jonathan," the other man agreed. "I'm hoping this little treasure will help me mend a few fences, too, Clark."

"Then there's Perry. I'll bet he hasn't been out of that newsroom at lunch time in years," Jonathan continued. ...
thumbsup Love Jonathan words too.

"Clark, it's time for us to leave; you have to discuss this with Lois. But, before you do, think of this -- if Lois lost you, it would kill something inside of her. She's just learned to trust again.... Don't take that away from her. Don't let her turn into someone like me." Ellen spoke sadly, without rancor, and everyone listening was touched deeply by her words.

Sam coughed and flushed guiltily, while Clark stared at his mother-in-law. Coming from Ellen, that had to mean a lot, and he realized there was a great deal of truth in what she had said. He rose and saw his guests out, and all the while the points for and against the transplant continued to reverberate in his brain. Ellen was right about one thing: he needed to talk to Lois, and the sooner the better.
blush OK, Ellen put her feet in her mouth but she fixes it.

thumbsup Love Ellen words to Clark.

"I used to stand for hours watching you sleep," Martha whispered after a while. "I couldn't believe I'd been given such an incredible gift."

"I know exactly how you feel. Mira is amazing." He turned his mother to face him. "I just didn't want to hurt her."

"Clark…"

He put a finger to her lips to stop her protests. "I'm going to fight. I know now to choose to leave her would be worse than any marrow donation could ever be."

"Thank you."

"Thank you," he told her as he pulled her in for a hug. "I love you, mama."

"Oh, honey, I love you."
Beautiful! hyper
Beautiful notworthy

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
1) It was lovely thumbsup but I'd like to know that the surgery was successful. If its's over - Epilogue, please.

2) It was so lovely clap I'll forgive the name 'Mira.'

You wrote a Lois who grew into someone worth knowing and loving. I enjoyed it very much.

Thank you. hail

Columnist
Columnist
I'll forgive the name 'Mira.'
Well, since you brought it up...

Jenni, forgive me! shock )

Top Banana
Top Banana
Wonderful! mecry So sweet and so heartbreaking..Clark can't die!

And for the record, I like Mira!

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I understand the reason for the name 'Mira', I just think it's better suited to be a nickname. But, whatever. (That's what makes for good horse racing. wink )

I guess I should be glad she wasn't named 'Blessing', huh? laugh

Or 'Victory." lol

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow! Great post!

I was scared for a minute at the beginning when they didn't feel the baby move... but then they got a beautiful little girl. (Usually its boys for you, SQD wink )

I jumped up with Lois when Clark made that numskull announcement that he wasn't going to have the transplant. The audacity!! I understand Clark's sentiments about hurting the baby- but whoa, nelly!

Ditto Maria's quotes on the way all the parents jumped in to knock some sense into the boy. I love Martha as the loving mother figure she is to both Clark and Lois, but I love her even more when she takes Clark down a peg when he gets out of hand!

Great story guys! Can't wait for the next part, but sad that it's the last~

~sunkist

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
Kerth
Kerth
Beautiful name!! thumbsup

Mira is a star too wink Omicron Ceti, the name means wonderful laugh

Jose hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Top Banana
Top Banana
clap great part!
This story is going so beautifully toward the right conclusion that I'm a little worried... nah, you girls aren't plotting a new problem for our friends, are you? I mean, Clark was near his death only few days ago!

Simona smile

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard