Next Thread
Print Thread
#1595 05/15/03 06:00 PM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Rotten tomatoes go here.

BrightFeather

“Rules only make sense if they are both kept and broken. Breaking the rule is one way of observing it.”
--Thomas Moore

"Keep an open mind, I always say. Drives sensible people mad, I know, but what did we ever get from sensible people? Not poetry or art or music, that's for sure."
--Charles de Lint, Someplace to Be Flying
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aw, this is such a great story! I'm so glad I stayed up til 3am reading the first parts last night! I can't wait to see how Rachel reacts to Clark...should be interesting...I have no clue what to expect...

Jen smile1

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Columnist
Columnist
Sniff sniff mecry

This was so excellent! Please don't take too long to post the next part, please?

Thanks for this part...

Melisma ( mecry and sloppy under her Rock)

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
No rotten tomatoes here! I love this story! And Rachel is just adorable!

I'm so happy that L&C got to foster Rachel. I can't wait to see how Rachel and Clark interact, is should be interesting. The one thing that I kept thinking of through the story was 'when is Rachel going to get Aimee back?' I felt so sorry for her in the hospital when she thought that Aimee had been taken away from her because she loved her too much. mecry

Lois panicing about Rachel coming to live with them was just so Lois! laugh As much as I want everything to be happily ever after now that Rachel is with L&C, I hope we can see some troubles on the home front, with Rachel trying to adjust to somewhere safe, Lois trying to adjust to a child and Rachel trying to adjust to Clark.

Loriel

"Inappropriate attachment" didn't begin to cover the depth of the feelings Vaughn had for Sydney Bristow.
~Ties That Bind by RJ Anderson~

I ramble at http://www.livejournal.com/~loriel_eris
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Laura

An excellent part! thumbsup thumbsup

I'm so glad that Rachel has been placed in Lois and Clark's care. I'm wondering how she will adapt to the situation and also how her relationship with Clark will develop? dizzy

I can't wait to see what happens next. Hopefully those men at the orphanage will be arrested.

Tricia cool

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay! Rachel's safe! smile

I was nervous all the way through here, that something would happen to keep Rachel tied up in red tape hell...

And Lois has a point about older kids... no diapers, and they can at least talk -- getting them to tell the truth can be a little trickier, but what the heck wink

Can't wait to see Rachel meet Clark! And then there's the continuing a-plot that needs to be wound up -- certain people need to have horrible things happen to them razz

Great work, Laura! smile Write more, post more!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Top Banana
Top Banana
This is such a great story! hyper

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Laura,
excellent part and Rachel is safe.
Now I hope Clark can win her trust soon
more soon please
merry

Columnist
Columnist
Hi Laura,

This is such a lovely story. You make me cry for Rachel each time I read about her.

Can't wait for the next part to see how the new family is going to bond with each other. I'm sure there will be a few mini-tornados along the way. wink

Yours Jenni

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Hey Laura great part. As most know I don't usually comment on stories, and was just wondering about the posting schedule.

Ja-10(the non-commenter)

Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Just checking in on this. My posting schedule is erratic at best. Basically, y'all get a new part whenever I finish writing it and my wonderful beta readers have ripped through it. I don't have a buffer on this one, RL is hectic, and these chapters are at least double the length of my usuals, so I can't commit to any firm schedule. Sorry about that, but I'm working on the next chapter even as we speak.

BrightFeather

“Rules only make sense if they are both kept and broken. Breaking the rule is one way of observing it.”
--Thomas Moore

"Keep an open mind, I always say. Drives sensible people mad, I know, but what did we ever get from sensible people? Not poetry or art or music, that's for sure."
Columnist
Columnist
Laura,

Sorry I haven't gotten around to posting yet. RL life for me is hectic as well.

Great job, but you already knew I felt that way. I'm so looking forward to seeing Rachel interact with Lois and especially Clark. Thanks for this story. More about real situations need to be told.

Post when you can. You have faithful readers.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Well y'all,

First I have to thank y'all for hanging in through my rather erratic posting schedule. Chapter 5 is in the capable hands of my beta readers, while Chapter 6 sits half-finished on my hard drive. <G> I should be able to post Chapter 5 sometime this week, and I can hopefully finish writing Chapter 6...

Frankly, I'm hoping to wrap this up before it turns into another epic trilogy. <g> There will, of course, be room for a sequel if anyone wants to bother to read it. wink

Right now, this will be going to seven parts and an epilogue. <G> Since these posts have been double, and sometimes triple length of my usuals, any more and it'll end up as a full-fledged novel. wink

Thank you Shadow, Melisma, Loriel, Tricia, Pam, Liz, Merry, Jenni, Ja-10, Robin, and Maria. Chapter Five coming soon.

BrightFeather

--Thomas Moore

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard