K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Yay!!! I'm first!! Look at me go! I'm a speed reader! <g>

He'd just slumped against her, allowing her to hold him, his head pressed into the crook of her shoulder.

And, as she cradled him in her arms, loving the freedom she had to hold Clark at last even at the same time as she ached for the pain he so clearly was feeling, his arms came around her, enfolding her tightly against him.

She stroked his back, murmuring his name and hoping that somehow she was getting through to him. And she realised that the collar of her robe was damp - with his tears.
AWWWW!!! *sigh* razz

it sounds like you're thinking of yourself as an outsider. As if you don't think you belong."

"Maybe I don't," he said softly.
hyper Whooohooooo!!!!!!

Can't wait for the next part! wink

Welcome back, Wendy!!!

Sara (who's wondering if Wendy's still willing to work out that trade...Mere will never have to know devil )

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
๐Ÿ†2024 Kerth Award Posts ๐Ÿ†.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Kerth
Kerth
And then her lips parted, and she kissed him back.
hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay, some light is finally penetrating to Clark's skull! goofy Lois did a great job capitalizing on what he'd done while asleep, arguing with him and finally convincing him to at least try. I was so pleased about that. smile And I really liked the part where he realized that he knew where the threshold was, between safe pressure and crushing someone. That should take care of any lingering doubts.

And now, he's kissing her! Whee! That should be an eye-opening experience. At least, once the kiss is over and his brain kicks back in <g>

They still have to get over the normal relationship uncertainty, but I have a feeling that won't take too long, now that the big obstacle has melted away. wink

Post more! smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Waffy Sighs.... Oh Wendy that was very nice. I am so glad Clark knows now! It is about time<g> Good job and a nice kiss too. More soon. Laura

Clark: โ€œIf we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why canโ€™t we fall in love in an instant?โ€

Caroline's "Stardust"
R
Rac Offline
Columnist
Columnist
R
Yay for Lois getting through Clark's thick skull. Excellent part, Wendy! Brava!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. drool Lois had to give him some kissing lesson.

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, Wendy, it was time someone gave that boy a good metaphorical slap on the head!

As for the end... /me melts

'Nuff said.

Julie laugh

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Top Banana
Top Banana
FINALLY he sees the light!!

and YAY..smoochies!! sloppy

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know Iโ€™m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: Iโ€™m trying to be nice.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

A superb part! Beautifully written! smile1

Tricia cool

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Excellent Part! I can't wait until the next part.

Melisa

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Well, problem solved.

Story is done, I guess.

Next?

Tank (who thinks it would be funny if, now that Clark is convinced he can control his powers, he runs into that red kryptonite that caused him to lose control of his powers as in the ep with Perry's no good son)

K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
rotflol rotflol

That is *so* wrong, Tank!! But funny in a sick, twisted sort of way. <g>

Sara

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
๐Ÿ†2024 Kerth Award Posts ๐Ÿ†.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Tank (who thinks it would be funny if, now that Clark is convinced he can control his powers, he runs into that red kryptonite that caused him to lose control of his powers as in the ep with Perry's no good son)
rotflol

Tank, that's horrible!! Poor Wendy just got these guys fixed up from your last little situation... at this rate Clark's going to need kryptonite-dipped antipsychotic medication!!

Wendy:

Big happy sigh! I just found this again-- why don't you TELL me when you're going to post... oh, wait, you probably did. I've been busy hounding (er, gently encouraging) Labby and Mere... thank goodness Yvonne hasn't fallen down on the job! Well, anyway, yay!, you've got them talking! Thank goodness Lois actually said something about his perceived unwillingness to be touched, as opposed to just getting upset and leaving his room.

And that little hint of more Yvonne-tinged good stuff to come--you were right! Very effective, very good! This is going to be another keeper, like Damaged, Just Thinkin', R&R... oh, I could just go on and on...

This was very funny:
She just rolled her eyes. "I won't even ask what your mom would say if she heard you say that. Anyway, my *point* here is that Trask was talking through his... well, you know what.
Short, but to the point-- with just a few words I could see her rolling her eyes. Now that she understands what the problem is, she's just so calm and rational and matter-of-fact that she's calmed Clark down, too.

You did a very nice job of showing how Trask exacerbated a probably deeply buried sense of being different-- that is, Trask didn't start it, although one could see how 10 days of torture could turn the most rational soul into a trembling wreck. Instead, you again show how human Clark really is-- nobody could grow up that different, even with wonderfully caring and supportive parents, and not be at least slightly affected (psyche-wise) by the extreme differences between him and the "rest" of the world.

But he's getting it out into the open, acknowledging it, and forcing those fears to lose their power over him. It's pretty cool, too, the way you portrayed Clark as knowing instinctively exactly where the point between "ok" and "could hurt someone" is. Exploring the issue of control as it relates to Clark's powers is often brushed over-- not always, of course, but we find ourselves "what if"-ing the invulnerablity issue. He does sometimes crunch the phone or shred a blanket-- yet even while asleep, deep in the remembered panic of the encounter with Trask, Clark's control was constant. Lois' attitude to that is a sort of "yeah, so what" matter-of-factness that ought to reassure Clark quite a bit-- so we could see some more angst-less smoochies, I bet...

Anyway, now I'm going to be haunting the boards (oh, wait, I already do that) waiting for more...

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow! Even after my long hiatus, you guys are still here! Thank you! laugh

Janet, sorry that you hadn't realised I was posting again! But thank you very much for your wonderful comments, and for the very flattering comparison to Damaged and R&R - not at all deserved, but very much appreciated! blush

Again, this scene owes much to Yvonne's very helpful beta-reading. Without her suggestions, I know it would have been much poorer. I'm so glad that you liked it and that you feel we're making progress!

Sara, I love your quotes and emoticons. Thank you for showing me your reaction to particular bits!

Glad you liked the kiss, Josรฉ!

Pam, thanks for still being here and for the encouragement. Yes, Clark's a lunkhead, but he's had good reason for being one. wink

Laura, Rac, glad you liked the advancement of the B-plot!

Yes, Maria, finally - it's taken a long time, but he's getting there at last. wink

Julie, you want Lois to hit Clark? wink Glad you liked it!

Liz, smoochies!! Haven't heard anyone yell at me for those for a long time! goofy

Aww! Thank you, Tricia! And blush

Melisa, thank you - and you won't have to wait too long. smile

Tank, Tank, Tank...

Well, problem solved.

Story is done, I guess.

Next?
You mean you're happy for Lex Luthor to be at large still, and for Nigel St John to have instructions to ensure that Clark ends up in hospital? Not to mention the Planet being bugged... goofy ). I love that you think I've done a good job of showing Clark as the victim of torture who didn't realise how deep the effects were buried. And this, too:

It's pretty cool, too, the way you portrayed Clark as knowing instinctively exactly where the point between "ok" and "could hurt someone" is. Exploring the issue of control as it relates to Clark's powers is often brushed over-- not always, of course, but we find ourselves "what if"-ing the invulnerablity issue. He does sometimes crunch the phone or shred a blanket-- yet even while asleep, deep in the remembered panic of the encounter with Trask, Clark's control was constant.
Thank you!!

Okay, Part 23 will be posted either in the next 20 minutes or, if I don't have time before I go out, later this evening.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard