Next Thread
Print Thread
Hazel Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
::pokes nose out of burrow::

Yes, yes, I know - it's been an insanely long time. Hi, FOLCs! smile

It's all your fault, you know. Especially Pam. Because way back in 2005, you had this long and interesting thread going on in the Off Topic forum about this show I'd never heard of and this guy who kept dying and wore glasses while he saved the world. And it made me curious enough to download the transcipt from Reckoning, which definitely got me interested enough to go back eight seasons to find out what these four people were really all about, and now I am obsessed with Daniel and Teal'c and Jack and Sam and Hammond and the Little Doc, and...

Did I mention it's all your fault? goofy

Anyway, one of my SG-1 LJ friends (who also likes Smallville, gasp!) has just finished mainlining all four seasons of LnC. I gave her multiple links (including this mb, natch, plus the archive), and she asked, "Are there fics about them reporting together? That is what I liked the most - the investigative partnership."

I gave her several names that sprang to mind, but I've been out of active LnC fandom for too long to know the new names, and I'm afraid I might have forgotten old favorites. So give me recs, people! I'm not saying that she's anti-romance, but she's definitely more interested in the professional relationship aspect. She's a prolific writer, too, so we need to suck her into fandom as quickly as possible. thumbsup

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
/me waves to Hazel!

Hey!

As for recs... my mind is a bit too shot but... CC Aiken, ML, Jenni, Wendy, Tank, Nan, Yvonne, Becky Bain, ErinK, Kathy, etc. Many more of course but my head hurts to much to be too coherent.

I know there's some favorite threads in here somewhere as well as the thread Jenn/Editor Jax started not too long ago [I think it was her] to give 'props' to authors - there's some good stuff in there. I'm sure you'll get some great recs from others wink .
Carol

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hazel!!! LTNS!

Lovely to see you back, even if it is just a fly-by. Hope all's well with you and that you're enjoying life, even if - like a lot of the older-timers - you've deserted L&C for a new fandom wink

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I haven't been reading fanfic for the longest while, so I'm not the loop for recommendations.

But, just wanted to say that at least if you were going to desert LNC you picked a darn good fandom to do it with. goofy

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Hey Hazel, I was wondering if you have ever gotten to see the L&C episodes? I have found a site on-line that has all or all but one, I don't remember. Let me know if you would like the address. It's good to see you.
Sue

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Hi, Hazel, wave

This wasn't an easy one, since most of my favorite authors and stories have romance on their brains.

I recommend Nan's Home series, Dagger series or Halloween. Jenni Debbage's Family Kent series is also good. Tank Wilson's A Matter of Confidence is also worth recommending. Shayne Terry's Hearts and Diamonds is a must-read.

TUFS and seasons five and six were excellent, balancing a-plots and b-plots very well.

It looks like I'm pretty heavy on the next-gen stories. I wonder what that means.

Hope these help.

Elisabeth

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Anything by Nan would be good as she is the Queen of the A plot.

That's not to say that she can't do the romance, because she can. But all of her stories are grounded in a solid A plot story.

Shayne also is noted for imaginative, A plots in his stories.

There are a lot out there, and I imagine that there is a way to use the fanfic search engine to help find them.

Tank (who thinks his own Serial Vengeance, and To Protect and Serve both have some investigative elements to them)

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Stories by CarolineK ! If I Were You was my introduction to L&C fic, and then I was hooked. smile

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Hazel Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thanks for the list, Carol! At least one of those authors was on my list as "someone I really want to recommend and I can't remember her name!"

Wendy, I hated to desert LnC, I really did! In fact, the first SG-1 fanfic I tried to write was an LnC crossover (or, to more exact, a Clark and Daniel crossover). It's still very much a WIP, but one of these days it'll get done and posted here, too. I hope.

Labrat, don't all LnC fans have impeccable taste? goofy

Suez, that's so sweet of you to remember like that! If it's the website I'm thinking of, though, it sadly only works within the U.S. frown

TUFS and S5 were already on my list, Elisabeth, but many of the other weren't! These are a great addition to the list.

Yes, Tank, Nan was the first name to spring to my mind. I thought of adding your name, too, but I suspect she actually likes Lois with long hair... I mentioned the fanfic search engine to her, but I was a little vague on it. Hopefully, it will work the way you suggest.

And thanks, MrsMosley, for a new name I hadn't seen before! The more, the better!

Off to send Moonshayde a link to this post now...

-- Action Comics 827
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hazel, really good to see you posting. smile Hope you and your family are well.

As well as the ones suggested above, any of ML Thompson's longer stories will fit your friend's criteria, as well as those by Ann MacBride and Gerry Anklewicz's longer stories.

Lots of reading. smile

carol

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
And don't forget Carol Malo's stories, although she hasn't written anything for a while. /me nudges Carol sharply. I'm still waiting for that cliffhanger that you posted the teaser for a couple of years ago. In any case, her older stories are great, as you probably recall.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Some top list stories that must fit your request:

By Sue S.: 50 First Revelations , Faustian Bargain , The Next Step , Revisionist History

By Erin Klinger: The Long Road Home

By Wendy Richards: 24 Hours

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Hazel Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Ooh, Carol, good choices!

Yes, Nan, Carol Malo was on my list. So were you. smile

Thanks for the additional suggestions, UW! I'm sure Moonshayde will find the direct links particularly helpful.

-- Action Comics 827

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard