Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hope you enjoy. smile

And, yes - I meant snugged, darnit! goofy

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hm...the official upside of very little power. There's nothing to do but read fanfic! I think I can make the sacrifice. goofy

<Miles to go...>

"'...before I sleep'," she murmured.
Nice. Way to work in my favorite Frost line.

I wonder if Lois has seen The Discovery Channel's special 'Avalanche'. She's really stressin' me out!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Features Writer
Features Writer
Hey there Boss notworthy

Lois, just move! Please! Please, dammit, will you just trust me for once and do what you're &#8211; " Clark's eyes narrowed and then sharpened over her shoulder, widening with sudden alarm. She was aware of bright light washing over her and the rumble of sound from her dream was suddenly all around her in the darkness.

"Look out! Lois!"
LOL I couldnt help feeling the same way Clark did. I was here... damnit woman, shut up!

The wolf dream being interrupted by CLark was really funny too.

Gun shooting??? confused Oh, God... stories really fall on their lap, uh?

Waiting for more.

MDL. (who´s learning a lot by the way)

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
Merriwether
Merriwether
Ack! What a place to end this, and what a thing to happen! How could you leave it here! Frightening me out of my wits like that... *shakes her head sadly* You know you have to finish this quickly, right? If only to put me out of my misery? mecry

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lois' hysterical ruminations are something I know very well. Why do we drive ourselves nuts imagining all the horrible possibilities?? laugh

This is a crazy twist..now there is someone shooting at them?? Yikes.

I am thoroughly enjoying your descriptions Labby, brrrrrrrrrr. Can't wait for FRIDAY!

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I always thought that I was unique in loving Robert Frost's poetry. Stopping By the Woods on a Snowy Evening is my favorite all time poem, but now I see that I am very unoriginal as everyone seems to know it and love it as well. That's the thing I loved best about this story - the fact that Lab has so completely captured for me the imagery of a muffled, snow-silenced forest.

Anyway, as for this segment...I loved, loved, loved Lois's paranoia. Her musings while sitting in the car were inspired. Which of us hasn't seen one too many Discovery Channel specials and isn't thoroughly convinced that we have poisonous exotic spiders crawling around our basements and flash floods heading our way (even though we live miles from the nearest river, stream, creek or lake) <g>. I was LOL through that entire segment.

And I just want to give Clark a huge hug. He got hurt!! They hurt my Clark!!!! <sniff> Too, I could feel his panic and Lois's confusion and muddled-thinking.

All and all, great segment. Friday...three whole days away frown

wink
Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YIIIIKKKES!!!!

You got me screaming "RUN, LO-IS, RUN!!!"

Wow!!!excellent scariness and anxiety all together here, just hate to come to a halt here...Stomach clenching, throat gripping suspense...

Well Done Lab!!! thumbsup

TEEEEEJ

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow, Rat... lovely stuff. First all that marvellous sleepy paranoia - haven't we all been there? razz wink

Mere eek

A diabolically, fiendishly clever mind. Possibly someone evil enough to take over the world. CC Aiken, Can You Guess the Writer? challenge
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great piece. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Columnist
Columnist
Labrat, you're evil!

Evil, evil, evil, evil, evil, evil. And did I mention evil?

Argh!

What a cliff-hanger!

Great inner babble on both LnC's parts. Great installment. I want more. Now!

Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Today I learned an important lesson:

Do Not read "Shape of My Heart" in a heavily air-contitioned building!

Between the A/C in class and the vivid descriptions of the cold weather, I nearly froze to death! Labrat, I admire you smile . I haven't seen snow since I was a little kid, but you made it so real to me. You've also made me think twice about my plans to someday move to Alaska smile1

~•~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ditto to what they all said. I was on the edge of my seat! Wow! What happens next? Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, at first I almost missed this part, due to the lack of blue arrow, but luckily I noticed the comments folder.

Great part, Lab. Love Lois's thoughts about the car. Some really funny moments in there. And her worries were cool, too. Nice to see how worried she is about Clark. And that conversation with herself about the wolves... rotflol

Meantime, poor Clark is dealing with fading, unreliable powers. Ouch. You really made me feel for him there. Bet the lack of sunlight isn't helping.

Now people are shooting at him, too! And Lois! Can't wait to find out what that's about.

Wonder if the car was sabotaged.

Looking forward to seeing more of this.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Kerth
Kerth
Uh-oh!! Trouble eek

Jose hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Cliffhangers are good.

Tank (who was barely able to steal the time to read this but was glad he did)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great part! notworthy

Alone. In the dark. What if he got confused and lost his way? He could trip over a buried...something...and fall into a crevasse. There was always a crevasse waiting for the unwary in these kinds of situations. Even she knew that. Fall and break a leg. Knock himself unconscious and end up being buried in a snowdrift where no one would ever find him till spring and then there'd just be bones....
Enough! STOP, Lois!!!! [Linked Image]

What a bad situation! This's horrible! Dark... cold... snow...killers... wolves... this scenario is a horror movie! [Linked Image]

Poor Lois! Poor, poor Clark! OMG! This seems a nightmare! It's so real. I'd never seen snow and here is spring, but I almost froze! [Linked Image]

The anxiety is gripping my throat and the suspense is killing me! [Linked Image]

grovel I can't take it anymore! Part 3, please!!!

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Labby!
Introspection- I knew Lois had it in her! It takes a master to pull it out... shock

OMG! The change of pace was awesome. One minute, we are slowly being lulled into a hypothermia-induced dream, and then there is confusion and shock mixed in with cold and wolves!

You've got me hooked- line and sinker... hurry back!

~sunkist

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Labby, you get a big, bold WOW! for this part! I, too, loved the paranoia-- a wonderful mix of the kinds of worst-case scenarios we all tend to imagine in times of stress, salted throughout with Lois' trademark babbling... the wolves thing was pretty funny. And the bit about horrified humiliation and being cast as the helpless victim in some horror film-- so wonderfully written as an obviously over-the-top paranoia...

... and then to find out that she really IS the victim in a horror situation-- here they are in the middle of nowhere and they're being shot at. /me sighs and shakes her head... only Lois (and Clark) can end up being shot at in a white-out blizzard in the middle of nowhere...

Well, cliffhanger notwithstanding (hmmph!) this was just great-- glad it's Thursday now, that means Friday isn't quite so far away...

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I don't have time to comment properly here - there are far too many story parts to catch up on, and I'm feeling guilty about not posting comments on all of them. frown But I did want to say again how much I adore this. smile Everyone else has said it: the trademark LabRat lyrical description, the humour, the sudden shifts into scary... Lois's confusion and denial about her relationship with Lex and, most of all, her deep, affectionate friendship with Clark.

Hang on in here, guys - this is another terrific LabRat story! goofy )

Just a fly-by! *waves*
LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks for your comments, everyone! It was fun and fascinating reading them all and some of them made me laugh so hard I was in danger of breaking a rib:

I wonder if Lois has seen The Discovery Channel's special 'Avalanche'.]
I was here... damnit woman, shut up!
And he wasn't even wearing his deer antlers, was he?
You've also made me think twice about my plans to someday move to Alaska
I would have beat him with a tree if he hadn't at least *tried* it.
And then, when he was just getting okay with his semi-vulnerability... you shot him
goofy

Wasn't the Robert Frost poem supposed to be peaceful?
<g> Don't worry, we're getting to peaceful…just by a roundabout route. wink This is my cabin in the snow story. I've written one for every other fandom I've been involved in, so I don't see why you guys should be immune. laugh WAFFs ahead….just, we have a slight detour first.

Speaking of which… I'm going to post earlier than intended as I have a very heavy day of beta reading to get to. (Thanks, MDL and Lynn <g>). So thought I'd best get this done and dusted first and free up my day to relax and enjoy some great reading.

Thanks again, all of you, for such thoughtful, funny and interesting fdk! You made my week. smile

And finally:

only Lois (and Clark) can end up being shot at in a white-out blizzard in the middle of nowhere...
Too true, Tic and Toc. And, as you will shortly see, Clark seems to agree with you… wink

LabRat [Linked Image]

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard