Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Yay, I get to start the comments folder! Which means I get to pick the icon, too. I considered the light bulb, but decided that shades were a better way to say "this one's hot!"

I love Clark speed-reading through shelves of sex books. Fun image, and a nice little tip of the hat to... some other story whose title escapes me just at the moment.

Yay, option 2!

Glad to see Lois shaken out of her preconcieved (if you'll pardon the term) notions. She's still confused, but she's starting to see the light.

I'm not sure what to say about Clark. "Poor guy" doesn't seem to cut it, all things considered, but things are far from perfect, even so. Actually, I guess that's where he is, too, isn't it?

I'm a bit disappointed that he didn't ask her why she wanted the baby, but I'll certainly grant mitigating circumstances. laugh

You do raise a real point about his probable infertility. It's dishonest. It's false pretenses. It's reason for Lois to be really upset. It's also not something I'd thought of myself. So... brilliant insight on your part, but now I'm disappointed in Clark.

I'm also not quite sure what to make of this thing with the glasses. In a way, it was funny. In a way, I'm thinking "He did all that with his glasses on?" Seems unlikely. Seems very odd. Alarm-bells-in-your-head-screaming-"what the heck is going on?" odd. I was surprised that Lois didn't notice, or that Clark wasn't worried about her noticing. Then again, I guess they had other things on their minds...

It's also a little funny to think that they're getting that up close and personal, and (Clark, at least, thinks that) a pair of glasses is the only thing keeping Superman's identity a secret.

Moving back to good things, I'm really happy to see Clark so caring, and smart/observant enough to notice her fear. Not to mention knowing what to do about it.

Her reaction to his caring was everything I could have hoped for, too. I think I mentioned that, but not quite in those words. So, there it is.

Too bad he was gone when she woke up. I was half expecting a Superman emergency, but I like work much better.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing what happens when he gets back.

BTW, did they miss the plot with the Congressman Harrington? It'd be a shame to have all this relationship progress spoiled by them letting an evil congressman get away.

Oh, that reminds me. One thing I forgot to mention back in my part 1 comments -- brilliant stroke setting this during HiM. The perfect S1 choice.

So, when do we get part 4? <bounce>

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Meredith, a very evocative instalment. Well written with some powerful images.

Unfortunately, coming from an nfic origin, this is straying into an area that I find less interesting. Don't get me wrong, I'm not offended by a lot of scenes describing physical sex, merely bored.

I do agree with many of the things that Paul said, but I find I'm having a fundamental problem. This has cropped up for me with other fics in the past also. I'm someone who doesn't believe that Clark would ever go so far as to have intimate relations with a woman without telling them that he is Superman. His alien nature is a component of who he is that a woman has the right to now before she surrenders her body to him. Especially seeing that there was no 'protection' in use. He may think that being an alien would make it unable for an earth woman to conceive (which it what I believe to be true), but he doesn't know for sure. His sperm could literally be poisonous to a non-Kryptonian woman.

Now, given the contentious nature of the circumstances, I might give Clark a pass on this first time (though that's pushing my boundries to the maximum), I really can't see him being intimate a second time with Lois unless he 'comes clean' with her.

Tank (who figures that the next part will tell him whether he can stay with the fic or not)

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks for the comments, Paul and Tank! smile1

You do raise a real point about his probable infertility. It's dishonest. It's false pretenses. It's reason for Lois to be really upset. It's also not something I'd thought of myself. So... now I'm disappointed in Clark.
Would you have felt better if he'd signed the contract in the belief that she would have his baby, and he would have to walk away from them? Especially since a child of his might have superpowers? evil wink

"He did all that with his glasses on?" Seems unlikely. Seems very odd. Alarm-bells-in-your-head-screaming-"what the heck is going on?" odd. I was surprised that Lois didn't notice, or that Clark wasn't worried about her noticing.
You have a point. smile It, uh, worked better in the nfic version - I might have to edit this version a little.

(Clark, at least, thinks that) a pair of glasses is the only thing keeping Superman's identity a secret.
:rolleyes: But he was (unduly, imho) hung up about them in the series, so I thought it was in character.

One thing I forgot to mention back in my part 1 comments -- brilliant stroke setting this during HiM. The perfect S1 choice.
Aww, thank you. blush And as for the missing A-plot... I haven't forgotten. wink

Tank said:
I'm someone who doesn't believe that Clark would ever go so far as to have intimate relations with a woman without telling them that he is Superman. ... His sperm could literally be poisonous to a non-Kryptonian woman.
Well, Clark is going to have major problems with his conscience in this story, but that particular issue isn't going to come into it. Besides, as he sees it, he can't possibly tell her unless he can first convince her not to go to Luthor. But I'll understand if you decide to stop reading... thanks for coming along this far, anyway. smile

Part 4 up shortly.

Mere

A diabolically, fiendishly clever mind. Possibly someone evil enough to take over the world. CC Aiken, Can You Guess the Writer? challenge
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. drool If she knew.

confused Do Claude still work at the planet?

More ASAP, please. hyper

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard