Harry Potter meets Lois & Clark

OK I am a huge Harry Potter Fan I've own all the books and have read them all at least twice have the first two movies on DVD and been to see Azkaban 3 times ( frown I know) So I began writing this thought i'd post and see if it worth carring on with it. It is not Beta read so be patient with it.

Harry Potter meets Lois & Clark
Part I

Clark landed softly on the balcony he spun out of the superman suit and into a pair of dark blue jeans, a tight tan sweater and a pair of brown shoes. He walked into the bedroom where he found his wife/partner/best friend/lover/soul mate sitting on the bed staring at something in her hand.

“I guess we don’t need to worry about this.” Lois said holding up her diaphragm then chucked it into the waste bin. Clark sighed the news from Dr. Klein that they would be unable to have children together had hit them both hard. It wasn’t until they received the news that Lois had realized how much she wanted children and it didn’t look like the adoption way would pan out either, as they believed Lois to be unsuitable as she was constantly dangling over the jaws of death.

“Sweetheart...” Clark began but didn’t know what to say that he hadn’t already.

“It’s okay Clark it’ll just be the two of us right?” She looked at him for the first time. “That’ enough.”

“Yeah.” Clark agreed and kissed her he was about to deepen their kiss when the front door bell interrupted them, they both sighed then went down stairs to answer it.

Clark opened the door to an elderly gentleman with long white hair and beard that went past his waist. He was strangely dressed in deep purple robes and tall pointed hat. His bright, sparkling blue eyes were behind a pair of half moon glasses. Lois thought that they should belong to a much younger man if it wasn’t for the wisdom that shone from them.

“Mrs. Kent?” The elderly man asked.

“Err yeah?” Lois said confused at the oddly dressed man.

“May I come in?”

“Oh err sure.” Clark said letting the man step in to their home. A tabby cat followed him. “Please sit down.”

“Thank you Mr. Kent.” The man sat down on the couch Lois and Clark sat on the opposite couch and looked at the him.

“My name is Albus Dumbledore, I am Headmaster at Hogwarts School for witchcraft and wizardry.” Lois and Clark both looked at him both their jaws dropped.

“Huh is this a joke you are Headmaster at a school that teaches magic tricks?” Lois said

“I am quite serious Mrs. Kent. And we do not teach tricks, we teach young wizards and witches real magic.”

“Magic? Like real magic potions and spells?” Lois wondering why nutters were always drawing to Metropolis. “I think we’ve heard enough Mr. …” Lois had stood up and instinctively so had Clark.

“Professor Dumbledore, but please call me Albus.” Dumbledore said.

“Professor my husband and I are very busy people.”

“I didn’t think you would believe me.” He looked down at the tabby cat. “Professor if you would be so kind.” Lois looked at the tabby cat and thought that the old man was clearly insane. But then before her very eyes the tabby transformed into an elderly woman in green robes, her hair was in a tight bun on the top of her head and she wore square spectacles that were the same shape as the white markings the tabby cat had, had under it’s eyes. Lois and Clark gapped opened mouthed at what they had just witnessed and both slow sat back down on the couch ready to listen to the old man. “This is Professor Minerva McGonagall Deputy Headmistress of Hogwarts.” Dumbledore introduced the stern looking headmistress.

“How… that… wh…you…eh…how…?” Lois stammered.

“Wow!” Clark said. “How did you do that?”

“I am a animgus I can transfigure my self into a cat.” The Woman answered Clark.

“Okay.” Lois said finding her voice. “What has this to do with us?”

“Well Mrs. Kent we’re here about one of our students.” Dumbledore began. “You had an uncle Henry Evens?”

“Err yeah my mother’s brother was Henry I think but I only met him once some sort of family argument which isn’t unusual in my family they tend to fall out at the littlest thing all hell breaks loose…”

“Honey” Clark interrupted her ramble. “You’re babbling.”

“I know do you think I don’t know when I’m babbling I know I’m babbling..”

“Huh you’re still doing it.” Clark smiled.

“Sorry like I said I didn’t know him well. Mother said something about him moving to England had two daughters the youngest was the same age as me but.”

“Well Mrs. Kent.” Dumbledore continued with a small playful smile after Lois’ babbling he could tell that this would work they would be perfect for what he had in mind. “as you say, your uncle had two daughters Petunia and Lily.” Dumbledore explained “Both married and each had a son now Lily was very special she was a witch, and attended Hogwarts where she met James Potter, they fell in love and married after leaving school and like I said had a son Harry James he also attends Hogwarts and is at the end of his second year.”

“So Harry is Lois’ what second cousin?” Clark said Dumbledore nodded.

“So err I’m sorry as insightful as this is why did you come all the way from… where is this school?” Lois asked.

“Scotland. Well Mrs. Kent you and Petunia are Harry’s only living relatives Lily and James were killed almost twelve years ago, by the most evil wizard named Voldemort he tried to kill Harry but for some reason the curse turned on him and left him not living but nor dead.” Dumbledore shook his head sadly. “Harry escaped the attack with nothing but a lighting bolt shaped scar to his forehead.” Dumbledore explained he looked at Lois and Clark and could see their sadness for people they had never met and only knew existed a few minutes before.

“Erm…” Lois began but had to try to swallow the lump in her throat “what has this to do with us?”

“Well a protective charm on Harry means that Voldemort can’t harm him as long as he is in the guardianship of a blood relative to his mother. Up until now he has been in the custody of his aunt and uncle. We only learned about you a month ago.”

“Professor Dumbledore are you saying you want us to take guardianship of him?” Lois asked.

“Yes Mrs. Kent I am.”

“Professor err not that we wouldn’t consider it but isn’t he better with his aunt and uncle they are closer relatives and he has been with them twelve years now?” Clark said “Uprooting him would be disrupting for him. What about his friends they would be thousands of miles away.”

“Well Mr. Kent he doesn’t have any friends outside of Hogwarts you Mr. Kent understand what it is to be different from everyone around you.” Dumbledore gave Clark a knowing look. “And his aunt and uncle aren’t supportive of his abilities.”

“They are the most awful muggles I have ever had the misfortune to come across.” McGonagall spoke for the first time since her introduction. Lois looked at the older woman and saw her brush a tear from her eye.

“What’s a muggle?” Clark asked.

“A non-magical person?” Dumbledore answered. “You see Harry is extremely unhappy where he is but with the charm he must be in the custody of his mothers kin. Which is, you Mrs. Kent or where he is I know it is a lot to ask but if you would consider it. It will give you practice for when you have children of your own.” Lois and Clark both glanced at each other with sad looks.

“We err can’t have children of our own and every adoption agency in New Troy has turned us down on the account that I dangle above the jaws of death.” Lois said.

“Well then Mrs. Kent you will get on famously with our young Mr. Potter, trouble seems to find him. Why only a week ago he defeated a basilisk and saved a young girl.” Clark looked at Lois and smiled. “Please give this some thought the school term ends in 2 weeks. We have not mentioned anything to Harry. We’ll be in touch.” Both Dumbledore and McGonagall stood up Lois and Clark stood with them and showed them out. “Good bye Mrs. Kent, Mr. Kent.”

“Good bye.” Lois and Clark said in unison Clark went to open the door but with a pop they disappeared both of them stared at each other wondering if what they had seen and heard was really true.

The next morning Lois was up before Clark, he came down stairs wearing gray silk boxers and a short gray robe. He found Lois in the kitchen burning breakfast. Clark scratched the back of his head as he gave a large yawn.

“Honey what are you doing?” He yawned Lois spun round and looked at him.

“I want to do it.” She announced Clark was a little taken back it was too early in the morning.

“Do what?”

“Harry if all this is true and he, is unhappy where he is. Clark, understand the way I feel about this I’ve never even met him but… I don’t know I want to do this what do you think can we can be good role models to a teenager?” She sat on his lap and wrapped her arms around his neck.

“Hum well I guess will never know if we don’t try.” Clark smiled he knew that she’d been thinking about this all night he had he felt sorry for the boy he sympathized with him he too lost his parents at a young age but unlike Harry he had been lucky to have a home where he was loved and wanted.

“So we’re going to do this?”

“Yeah I guess so.” Just then a large tawny owl flew at the window. “Huh I’ve never seen an owl in broad day light before.” Clark looked at the owl it didn’t seemed to be fazed by them staring at it, instead it started to tap the window with it’s beak. Lois opened the window expecting the owl to fly a way but it held out it’s leg to Lois and she took the roll of parchment attached to it. The owl then flew away, Lois looked at Clark then unrolled the parchment and read it allowed.

“Dear Mr. and Mrs. Kent I’m pleased that you have agreed to become guardians to Harry we will inform him and he will be at Kings cross station London at platform nine and ten at five pm on the 30th June yours sincerely Professor Dumbledore.” Lois looked at Clark. “How did he know?”

“Magic!” Clark answered with a grin. “I suppose we should get the spare room ready for him.” Clark said.

“What does a twelve year old boy who just happens to be a wizard need?”

“Beats the hell out of me but everyone needs a bed.”

“What about clothes?”

“Well I’m sure he has clothes and if he needs any we can take him to get some and anything else he needs.” Lois nodded.

A week later Clark with the help of Jimmy was trying to put a bunk bed together. Clark was becoming frustrated, because if Jimmy wasn’t there he could have it together in know time.

“How’s it coming boys?” Lois said smiling at her husband’s annoyance.

“I think this is really cool what you guys are doing.” Jimmy said trying to fix the bed.

“Jimmy that doesn’t go like that.” Clark said but Jimmy ignored his friend’s tone. “Why do we need a bunk bed it’s only one kid.”

“So he’s a distance relative of yours Lois?” Jimmy asked they were both ignoring Clark now.

“Yeah, second cousin my mothers brother’s grandson.” Lois was wiping down the chest of drawers.

“Jimmy can you hand me that screwdriver?” Clark asked but got no answer.

“What did you say his name was?”

“Harry.”

“Jimmy?” Clark persisted but seemed to be invisible to his wife and young friend. He sighed and left the room and returned as Superman this got Jimmy’s attention.

“Superman!? What are you doing here?”

“I heard you were having trouble putting this bed together I thought you could use some help.” Lois gave him a smug grin and then he whizzed around the room and put the bed together. “There anything else?”

“No I don’t think so.” Lois smiled.

“I was just saying how cool it is of them to do this don’t you think?”

“Yeah very cool.” Clark smiled at Lois. “Err well I’d better go.” With a whoosh he disappeared and Clark walked back into the room. “What happened to the bed?” He asked.

“Superman did it wasn’t that good of him?” Lois smiled and kissed him.

“Yeah means I can go for a beer with Jimmy.”

“Huh no we’re not done here yet.” Her smile broadened against his.

“No?”

“No.”

“So when dose he arrive?” Jimmy asked a little uncomfortable with intimacy between the couple. They both broke a part.

“We have to go to London to pick him up from Kings Cross on Friday.” Lois asked and began to make up the beds.

“When do you think you’ll be back I could get tickets for a baseball game.”

“Err yeah I don’t know if he likes baseball though.” Lois said putting a cover on the duvet. “Clark can you give me a hand here?”

“Sure.” He helps her but is more of a hinder.

“Oh go on get out of here I’ll be better off doing it myself.” Lois said in a playfully annoyed tone.

“No I’ll stay.”

“No go you might as well get your last bit of freedom, because you are not leaving me alone with a teenaged boy.” She smiled and kissed him.

“Come on C.K. lets go before she changes her mind.” Jimmy said and he and Clark left.

TBC (Maybe)

Thanks for the love
Thanks for the guidance
Thanks for the TARTAN PRIDE HA!

Can't Stop Me Now - Rod Stewart - Time 2013