Pulitzer
T
Pam and Chris

This is great. smile1

Tricia cool

#15445 09/11/04 04:41 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Aww, so cute! I think I'm in good company when I say that my favorite lines were Clark's oh-so-casual way of asking Lois for a date and his later mutter of "we've done it before" (returning to friendship).

I'm glad you two were able to make the most of your time stuck in the car. You should go on more road trips if this is the result. smile

Kathy

#15446 09/12/04 12:34 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Yeesh, it's no wonder I can't find time to write anything, I can't even get enough uninterrupted minutes to reply to comments... but the family will just have to wait a little bit for the moment smile

Anyway.... Glad to see so many of you enjoyed this little piece of fluff! We started writing it on the road -- I started us off with the idea, then Chris added in tons of great details -- not to mention taking notes of the weirder exit names we passed <g> -- and then after we got home we emailed the file back and forth for a day or so, and... here we are smile

Kae, while I'd be more than happy to visit Annette anytime, I would really rather not get stuck in Virginia again! <g>

Our other stories are proceeding at the same pace as they have been... although I suppose that's not entirely *good* news... wink

Wendy, thank you, we were hoping that this would work as a relationship story, along with the comedy aspects. Just a straight comedy wouldn't have been nearly as much fun to write. And the brilliant insight was entirely attributable to my subconscious smile My subconscious thanks you.

Glad you liked it, Liz! And Maria, I see you enjoyed our ending <g> That was one of the first things we came up with, actually... and thanks, Roo, for laughing -- I'm sure you were only laughing at the parts we meant to be funny. Right? goofy

Sorry to confuse you, Paul; this thing was written within two days, so we can't have fixed everything. At any rate, that's our story, and we're sticking to it. wink

Thanks, Diane -- the "good luck getting out" was a direct quote from the front seat of my car, sometime last Sunday evening... <g>

Jen, bison? lol That may beat ostriches...

Jose and Sas, yes, I suppose we got something good out of the traffic jams, but I don't recommend it as a method of energizing your muse wink

LOL, Yvonne, thanks for inviting us to Wendy's house! We may just manage that, one of these years... but next time, I wanna fly <g>

Juliet, you're right, it is a beautiful state. And I've driven through it lots of times with minimal problems. But on the Friday afternoon of a holiday weekend... it was a teeny bit busy <g>

Thanks, Fuzz smile And the "we've done it before" line was about them trying for a romantic relationship, having it fail, and then going back to just being friends. As in, the end of first season. Of course, since Clark lied about it to Lois, she hadn't seen the parallel, until he mentioned it...

Thanks, Anna -- I know it gets hard to think of anything original to say, but I appreciate you chiming in regardless. smile

Sunkist, yeah, there's always something. It was just the collection of one thing on top of another, coming and going, that impressed us <g>

No more road trips planned, Nan, at least not at the moment. But if we do come up with another joint fic for any reason, I promise we'll share it <g>

Sara, thanks for using quotes! The first five bits you quoted were entirely Chris's contribution. Well, except for Oilville and Goochland. We saw those on exit signs <g>

Glad you enjoyed it, Tricia! I've been kinda surprised, actually, by how many comments this has garnered... our absence must have made your hearts grow fonder -- we'll have to go away more often wink

Speaking of which... thanks for de-lurking, Kathy <g> Your two favorite lines were written by two of us -- Chris, and my subconscious. I added some bits in, too, but my subconscious gets all the really good lines.

Thanks again to *everyone* for such an overwhelming response -- sorry it took me this long to reply to y'all! smile I know Chris really really appreciates the good reaction this has gotten. Hopefully, it'll get her fanfic-engine jumpstarted again. And maybe even mine, too. Stranger things have happened smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard