Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#15341 09/06/04 10:00 AM
Meerkat Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow, Yvonne, what a comeback! This is a really great section to start with after your short recess. It's a great section, first of all, but it's also got so much going on!

First, I loved the playfulness that Lois and Clark are exhibiting with each other. He pretends to drop her, she fights back... it's really nice to see them enjoying each other.

Then, we get to see them working together. Lois isn't resentful (okay, maybe a mite jealous, but not resentful) that Clark can do certain things faster. They seem to complement each other well, plotting together where to go in and what to do and sharing tasks. Of course, Lois wouldn't be Lois if she didn't investigate a curiosity without telling Clark... but that's just part of her character.

I liked how you first evoked thoughts of Luthor's secret stash of art from the show when Lois first sees the room (at least, it made me think of that). Lois is quick to realize what she's seeing, which fits perfectly.

And then... both Lois and Clark face their worst fears together--Clark the kryptonite (both red and green), and Lois the lascivious guard. I think you did an excellent job in showing that it wasn't easy for them, but that they had improved, both of them, with how they dealt with the things they were struggling against. There's definitely character development there that we've seen progressing over the whole story (and, for Clark, in Addicted as well).

I was proud of Lois when she beat up the guard... and, you know, in movies and books nowadays, it's always a guy who gets pissed at somebody and beats him into the ground and has to be stopped before he kills him. It was really cool to see it be a woman, and Lois, no less.

I was at first a little doubtful that Clark would recover so fast after the removal of the green kryptonite. But then you put the perfect line in there, reminding us that maybe the red took the edge off. Perfect. Clark's on painkillers. It made a lot more sense in that case.

So, our heroes will (hopefully) escape safely... right? Could there be smoochies coming?

Overall, this was a great part, full of humor and fun, as well as darker moments. I *loved* the line “Ready for the one hundred metres kryptonite freestyle?”

Can't wait for the next part!

#15342 09/06/04 10:31 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Excellent part, Yvonne! I loved it!!

Post more soon! wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy

AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#15343 09/06/04 12:30 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I agree. What a comeback! thumbsup Seems that both Lois & Clark are starting to become in sync with one another. It's just too bad though that they weren't able to do anything to finally get rid of the red and green kryptonite. hyper

#15344 09/06/04 12:58 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. help I want to know what Lana is going to said.

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#15345 09/07/04 09:15 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This was good. I liked the action, that they were working together and how she was able to stand up to her intimidator.

It's quite amazing they could run through or past a room full of green kryptonite though, but red+green equals less pain and no powers, right?

I'm glad to be able to read this again.
Nancy

It's always such an embarrassment. Having to do away with someone. It's like announcing to the world that you lack the savvy and the finesse to deal with the problem more creatively. I mean, there have been times, naturally, when I've had to have people eliminated, but it's always saddened me. I've always felt like I've let myself down somehow.
#15346 09/07/04 10:44 AM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Initially I thought that Lois seemed too comfortable with Superman/Clark, but I was able to accept that since she was 'geared' toward a story rather than a relationship and so was able to keep the conversation light.

I've been waiting for 'the trigger' that would force the old fighting Lois to come to the surface. I assumed it would be either someone threatening her sexually, or a need to protect Clark. I see you used both.

Lois was a bit careless with the kryptonite. She moved it away from Clark, but left it on site so it can be used against him at a future time. At the least you could have tried to flush it down the toilet or something. wink

Tank (who figures it about time for Lois to get that haircut to establish her independence)

#15347 09/08/04 09:47 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
She moved it away from Clark, but left it on site so it can be used against him at a future time.
Yes, Tank, and you've no idea the bother I've had trying to write myself out of that particular loose end.

Yes, also, that she's better equipped when she's focused on getting a story - this has always been one of her traits, after all.

Nancy, I have two words for your red/green kryptonite issue: poetic licence laugh . Or, actually, I could argue that they were able to get past it because their momentum carried them through and they were very determined.

Clark's on painkillers.
LOL! - love this as a concept, Sara! And thank you for the long, appreciative feedback.

Thank you, also, Anna, Maria, and mmprincess. Good to know there are still people out there interested in reading this despite the wait.

Yvonne

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard