Next Thread
Print Thread
daneel Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Uh-oh! eek

I don't think Lex is going to take this well smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. razz razz

"Again, congratulations... to both of you." Lex barely managed to force a smile as he strode over to Lois' desk and set the gift down before quickly leaving the newsroom.
confused What is Luthor up to?

It was her way of coping with life and she wasn't sure if she could change... or even if she should!
She is never willing to change.

hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This is really depressing to read, when Lois and Clark aren't even comfortable with another. So please give them at least some thaw *soon*.

I am really tired of Lois's attitude "nobody tells me what to do". If she really cared about Clark, she shouldn't have even considered a dinner date with Lex.

Not that I think you couldn't meet other people when you are married, it's the way you behave towards them that makes the difference.

Ultimately, I hope that Lois and Clark will make their baby in the natural way. If they also had some fun in the business, it would help the contraception to happen.

Gabriele
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Lois sure made this reading a struggle for me. mecry mecry
Oh, Lois! grovel

Hope to see the silver lining at the next post!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh geez...everyone needs to chill out...gotta run, back later for comments...

Anyway, this just screams, Martha step in and yell at your son for being stupid...And Lois...you're only asked to be civil so get over yourself.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Features Writer
Features Writer
Yerrrrrrkkkk

Girls... "honeymoon in metropolis" ???

Please!!! Post "Pheromone My Lovely"...

soooooooooon!!!!

MDL laugh

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Okay, I admit that I don't read normal romance fiction. So maybe that's why I'm having trouble with this story. It seems to have gone the route I was afraid it was going to go... namely, too far.

Both ladies are excellant writers which makes this story that much harder to take. They present their 'vision' almost too well. The frustration level with the two central characters is way over the top (at least for me).

In the beginning of the part I, like many others was quite annoyed by Lois' attitude, but as the part went along, we could see a bit of softening in Lois' insecurities. She was able to see a little more of Clark's point of view and was willing to try and 'talk it out with him'. But by this time you'd taken Clark to the extreme, total jerk-off behavior. At this point he doesn't deserve Lois, even as crabby as she's been.

The point, for me, is that the story circumstances have deteriorated to a point where I can't see any logical way for this to move back to a positive resolution. The way these two act with and around each other no longer makes sense. The person that Lois has become would never have agreed to offer up her self, and her future, just to save Clark, because she apparently doesn't really like the guy all that much. And Clark and his continued petty spitefulness guarentees that they will never be able to recapture anything remotely approaching a casual friendship, let alone 'best friends'.

These two people don't really like each other, and it no longer makes any sense that they would continue with 'the plan'.

Again, I say, that this is your story, ladies, and how you present it is ultimately up to you. I will be checking in to see how you decide to move things along, but I have to think that given the extremes you've pushed your characters actions to, any reconciliation that comes about will be very hard to believe.

Lois is hostially defensive, insecure, and unnaturally fearful of 'losing herself', while Clark is sulky, petty, and selfishly insensitive to Lois' feelings. The perfect married couple.

Tank (who offers Lois the sanctuary of uncomplicated Minnesota once Clark is 'out of the way')

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
SQD and Jenni

Yikes!! smile1

Tricia cool

Top Banana
Top Banana
Personally, I find Clark's sulky, prickly behaviour more believable than Lois's - although the reason I do is largely because of the foreword to this section, which reminded me that his illness is making him lose his usually sunny, patient attitude towards Lois's foibles. I think it would be worth trying to include that reminder in the story itself from time to time. You've done a little of that already, I know, but I think it could stand more of the same. Give him a headache, for example, or make him tired and crotchety - you did that very well earlier in the fic when he was hiding his illness from everyone. Alternatively, have other people reflect on the change in his behaviour - Perry, say, or Jimmy, or Clark's parents. Oh, and I know it's a fine balancing act between turning Clark into a rather wet, pathetic creature who's always sick, and keeping him resolute and strong, but I know you can do it. smile

I struggled with Lois a bit. Yes, I can believe she's temporarily lost sight of why she's doing all this in the first place - being married when you really didn't plan to get attached yet will do that to a person, especially Lois. I'm less sure that she'd play away with Lex once she was married - although the result was some fantastically tense scenes between her and Clark. Lois does things wholeheartedly, with absolutely every ounce of her commitment and energy, doesn't she? Sneaking off on the side with Lex seems a little unlike her, to me, especially when her husband is ill. The last thing I want, as you know, is a soft, cuddly Lois who is nothing like the character we met in S1, but even S1 Lois had a strong moral code which I don't think would include extra-curricular daliances with Lex.

However, I'm willing to wait and watch the story unfold further. Who knows? Maybe I'll change my mind on Lois. smile Oh, and I'm very glad she told Lex immediately without having dinner with him - that much, she got completely right. thumbsup

Yvonne

Top Banana
Top Banana
Gee, Tank, tell them how you really feel. laugh

I think Tank put it best, but then again he usually does. (What can I say, he's the Angstmaster.) I don't think any readers want to see these two together anymore. They're so miserable together they can't even hide it in public. I was always told when you can't even pretend for the neighbors, it's time to go. wink

Merriwether
Merriwether
"I shouldn't have carried on a conversation past telling him I'm not available."

"Are you, Lois?" Clark turned and looked directly at her. He couldn't help it. He had to know where she stood.

Lois stared into Clark's deep, dark eyes for a long moment before she answered. While she might not be married in the true sense of the word, was she really prepared to embarrass Clark by openly dating another man? "No," was softly spoken.
Maybe my language comprehension is off or we say things differently here. Wouldn't Lois say "yes" in agreement with the previous statement? Or is she saying "No" as in "I'm not sure."

blush Oh dear I am BLUSHING that I'm a bit confused here. blush

Maybe I shouldn't ask for guidance and just let it slide...............................

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Columnist
Columnist
Hi Roo,

Please don't blush. wink

Our intention was that when Clark says 'Are you, Lois?', he is asking her if she is available, and so she answers no.

It's our fault if we haven't made that clear, and we'll make a little adjustment. smile

Yours Jenni

Merriwether
Merriwether
blush

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard