#15142 09/01/04 09:42 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
What is IT with Lois, really?!! smile1 More please! hyper

Features Writer
Features Writer
Hi SQD... jenny...

Girls... This whole situation is unbearable. I agree with Maria... He should be living with his parents who really care for him. Lois is being selfish and way too incovenient. she came to help or to be helped?

Clark has to understand her fears, but this is absurd. Anyone else could help him with a baby... Ask Cat! Ask anyone!!! Ask me... and I´ll show Lois how normal people make babies!!!

Lois... I tell you... you need Dr. Friskin!!!

Right now!!!

MDL mad

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
Kerth
Kerth
Lois!!!! mad

Jose grumble

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
SQD and Jenni

Another excellent part! smile1

Tricia cool

Top Banana
Top Banana
Lois seems just right to me here. She has, once again, impulsively acted and is just now realizing what she has gotten herself into. I would think claustrophobia would follow!

And I just feel for them both, more miserable married than not. Certainly not what Clark was hoping for, but all that Lois can give right now.

But you know, I'd take a teaspoon of something hopeful at this point. Supes is sick, conception is difficult, and our duo isn't communicating...SOS!

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
S
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
S
SQD and Jenni,
Wow, God this´s so sad! And what a great part...
They really need help and we can´t wait for the next post... more, please.
Sil whinging

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hmmmm... it seems we are at a sticky place with our two friends right now.

To some point, I can understand Lois' behavior... I mean I can understand it from her perspective (you guys have done an excellent job of making her real, btw), but it is painful nonetheless.

The painting scene was nice- even with the underlying theme of Clark being kicked out of his normal living space. I just wish Lois would realx more, instead of tensing up with the whole marriage thing... makes me wanna slap her and say 'you made the decision, deal with it!'

Okay, now that I have recollected myself (stop the violence wink )...

I wonder what it is going to take for Lois to realize that she *does* have reomantic feeling Clark (because we all know she does) and stop the torture! As sick as he is, this new additional stress is not good for his health or attitude. He certainly cannot fly to the farm everyday... maybe he'll just move completely, stop working and sulk... he seems headed in that direction.

With my thankfully limited experience with terminal illnesses, it seems that if the patient is upbeat and has a supportive emotional atmosphere, they do much better. Once they have decided that they are tired of fighting or when it sinks in that people around them are treating them as if they are dying, though, things go downhill pretty fast. We'll have to wait and see how this plays out here.

Sorry for the long post! To make a long story short , I am really enjoying the story! I look forward to reading more soon.

In fact, I wouldn't be adverse to a sooner-than-expected posting... but I'm not picky wildguy

sunkist

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I agree that Lois' skittishness and 'claustropobic' behavior is logical for a first season Lois who hasn't allowed herself to understand her feelings for Clark yet, but would be willing to make such a sacrifice for Superman and 'her friend'.

BUT, we are in danger of moving into the territory of angst for angst sake. Their has to be some positive movement soon, or the situation will have to devolve into a non-salvageable crisis.

Lois' defensively reactive behavior plays right into Clark's overactive lunkheaded sulkyness. One or the other has to make a move to break the cycle or the relationship, and the baby cure, can't and won't happen.

If this story is taken down to the absolute depths of despair and emotional devastation, it would be very hard to 'realistically' bring about the recovery needed in time to 'save' Clark.

But then, this is your story.

Tank (who wonders if Lois will get her haircut when she gets pregnant as expectant women often do so they have one less thing to worry about)

Top Banana
Top Banana
Something has to happen for Lois to change her 'tude about Clark. When she first thought he was dying, she would have done anything to save him. Now that she's married to him, she's acting like a spoiled brat. I want to slap her myself!!

I'm sure you have all of those details covered. I await your resolution..........

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Top Banana
Top Banana
You have completely captured the nastiness, selfishness, and impulsiveness of Season 1 Lois. Your characterization is dead on. The only man Season 1 should have married was Lex Luthor. She deserved him.

Lois may be Clark's generous friend to be willing to carry a baby, but she's a horrid wife. I see all the affection coming from him and he's getting tired of knocking his head against a brick wall. Sick people are supposed to keep a positive attitude and it's hard to do that when you're married to a cold harpy.

Too late, Clark now questions his decision to marry Lois. I believe he has made a terrible mistake. Maybe after the baby and the divorce (I can see no alternative with Season 1 Lois) they'll find some level of affection for each other but the relationship between them now can only further deteriorate.

Merriwether
Merriwether
She wanted to help him or cry or something.
Me too. I couldn't remember if this was from part 6 or 7. Sorry.

This story is breaking my heart. Ah, I love it! Very good heart string pullin'.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard