Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Oh man.
Those wedding vows. Sniff.
And Lois telling Clark he's beautiful. Sob.
The angst! The emotion! The angsty emotion!
I'm exhausted.

But thank you for the really long post.

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Kerth
Kerth
More!! smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Top Banana
Top Banana
clap clap clap clap clap clap
great parts!
I'm sensing Lois's going to think her growing love for her husbard to be only caring and compassion for her best friend; I hope I'm wrong!
Luthor?! What's the matter with Luthor? Are you two going to throwing Luthor-related problems in this already very complicated story? His terminal illness, an only-best-friend-marriage and a baby to make is not enough, isn't it? Well, probably the situation is not troubled enough for our dauntless couple! laugh We like to see Lois and Clark go through countless problems, but together at the end!

Please post ASAP wink
Simona smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I admit that I've already read this story through to the end, but I must say that I'm enjoying the second read. This story flows really well, and shows all the polishing you've done. Kudos, ladies! notworthy LaurieD

Features Writer
Features Writer
no... I cant make comments... i´m too emotional... I... no!

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
whinging whinging whinging

More!

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Top Banana
Top Banana
OMG!! This is so...sweet. Please don't make us wait for the story to finish. I hate reading posts and having to wait for the next part. UGG!! spider

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
SQD and Jenni

An excellent part! smile1

Tricia cool

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I haven't had much time lately to comment on stories, but I have kept up with this one and would like to post a few general comments.

First, while the thought of Lois getting pregnant would normally revolt me, I find it an interesting plot development. I don't particularly want to read much after the baby is born because that would devolve into the mother and child dynamic which I don't think Lois Lane is suited for.

That said, I think that your Lois is frustratingly in character under the given scenario. You find you want to shake her sometimes as her emotions and feelings waffle back and forth over what she's doing and why. Her motives are clear and pure, but continues to fight against seeing herself develop a deeper, more romantic relationship with Clark. She still doesn't believe that such things really exist, so for her a strong enduring friendship is the best relationship that one could hope for. But while she trys to explain that to Clark I'm not sure who she's trying to convince, him, or herself.

Clark is Clark. Always the butthead. He may be the noble, self-sacrificing hero of millions, but he still clings to his parocial, and somewhat selfish, view of things. Just because his 'marriage' and possible 'family' aren't something out of a Norman Rockwell painting he can't let go of his self-pity over it. He realizes, and appreciates, what Lois is doing for him, but because it isn't the perfect 'dream life' he's always envisioned he has to continually spoil the moment with his bouts of pouting. Get over it, Man! What? He rather die because he can only have Lois' everlasting support and friendship, instead of sex with her?

Clark's feelings, while understandable in his longing and frustration, are not particularly sympathetic. His belief that he probably won't live anyway has darkened his emotions and affected his actions. The characteristic patience that would normally allow him to 'take what he can get' and hope for more later isn't there, and unless he reins in those bouts of self-pity he might just lose the 'half full glass' that he's being offered.

Of course, that is if the story contiues along the path that it has without any changes in a certain character's emotional involvement. Somehow I think things might evolve somewhat as the time goes by... but I'm just guessing.

Tank (who really hopes that Bernie comes up with a deus ex machina cure so Lois doesn't have to ruin her life by getting pregnant and having a <shudder> child)

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm just getting back into the swing of things here on the mb's, and just getting caught up with this story...

I am really enjoying this so far. It has been very well written, and the setup of the emotions is very poignant. Somehow, I get the impression that things are going to get strained (relationship-wise) before they get better. Clark seems to be seeing things a bit differently than Lois- which could be trouble a-brewin'.

The wedding night scene was nice- intimate without moving out of the boundaries they have laid out. It will be a treat to see where this goes before all is said and done (and archived!).

Thanks for sharing!

Sunkist peep

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
Columnist
Columnist
Hi everyone,

Thanks again for all your very encouraging comments.

And I can't let the fact that Tank has posted fdk go by without a word. I'm so amazed, Tank, that you're actually reading one of my stories... or, at least, a co-written story. It must be SQD's influence. wink

Your comments show that we have achieved the mood we were hoping to portray.

This is an extremely difficult and unique situation for both Lois and Clark, and neither are handling it in their normal way.

I'm really happy with everyone's continuing support for this story, and I know SQD feels exactly the same.

Yours Jenni

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Just popping in for a quick clarification.

I've always thought that Ms. Debb was an excellant writer, she just had an irritating tendancy to pick subject matter guarenteed to chase me away.

She too often chose to include KIDS into her stories, and as we all know, nothing can kill the enjoyment of a story quicker than to have kids involved.

Tank (who still is amazed that anyone would want to put a child in a story that they expected others to read)

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard