Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Wow, this chapter just about blew me away!

So much angst and heartfelt soul searching, I feel exhausted after reading it all. I have to say I've been on the verge of tears sitting here in my office thinking about how devestating it is for Clark to realize he's dying, for Lois who is coming to realize how much she really cares for Clark and for Jonathan and Martha who are facing the loss of their only son! waaaaaaaa mecry

I can tell that a lot of thought went into how you would portray the questions that can surround a decision like this. I am of the mind that, if done for the right reasons, a baby conceived to save a life if a beautiful and wonderful thing.

I think you're doing a great job with this sensitive subject.

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
feel exhausted after reading it all
Took the words right out of my mouth. Such a HUGE installment of wonderful work and writing. And sooo much emotion. Exhausting, inspiring, wow!

Sigh I do hope Clark takes his Mom's advice, and I hope your Lois finally comes to terms with why she's really willing to make this "sacrifice".

thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

Well done!

TEEEEEEEJ

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
oh - so, so good! this is heartwarming and heartwrenching at the same time. looking forward to more soon! how about a thrice-weekly posting schedule? pretty please? grovel

shells

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.

- Mahatma Gandhi
Kerth
Kerth
clap clap

Jose mecry

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
kb Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
clap
mecry mecry mecry

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I am of the mind that, if done for the right reasons, a baby conceived to save a life if a beautiful and wonderful thing.
I think that Clark understands the issue much better than Lois: they should make a baby only if they want to have this baby together and have decided to be his/her parents for the rest of their lives.

Gabriele
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Wow! Great parts. thumbsup

Hope they'll do it the old fashion way. hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
For a somewhat! selfish woman like Lois Lane to offer up a baby to save Clark, a bell should be going off in her head:

I'M IN LOVE WITH CLARK!!!

Helllllllllloooooooooooo!!!

Very well done. Great treatment of a somewhat controversial subject!

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Features Writer
Features Writer
No...No.....

I can´t take it anymore.

We don´t have a suicidal graemlim???

No. I cant say anything else.

Just...no...

MDL.

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
Top Banana
Top Banana
Good googly moogly! eek

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I love the way this story is going! thumbsup I do believe that Lois & Clark's baby will be conceived with lots of love- eventually. Clark knows it and Lois does too -- only she doesn't realize it yet! Oh Lois! pretty please! Get your heart in sync with your head! hyper

Can't wait for the next installment!!!!!More! More! clap

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
feel exhausted after reading it all
Cheese and rice, I'm exhausted! Great part, great drama.

Yep, I think there's enough love to go around for this baby...with a little more conversation...

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great parts! notworthy notworthy notworthy
Paradoxically in this very unusual situation Lois has the easier decision to make than Clark's: I'll try to explain myself.(not an easy task: I know my English is not very good!)
Having a chld means to give: you give a baby to your partner and give love to another little human being; at the same time you receive a child from your partner and love from your child, but into the desire for a baby the principal feeling is the selfless of wish to give, not the selfishness of to want receive.
This is a very unusual situation: Lois and Clark are not a couple, and making a baby becomes a necessity to a "selfish" end: to save Clark's life. But Lois can feel her act like a gift (the gift of her body, her time, her energies), even if only unconsciously: she uses the word "sacrifice" probably because she considers helself unselfish enough to make a sacrifice (to privy helself of something), but not enough to give something without feeling heerself deprived.
Clark feels himself only as the receiving one, so the decision of making a baby with Lois is felt by him as totally selfish.
How are you going to solved this?
Will the desire to live be so strong in Clark to overwhelm his feel to be selfish to have the baby whom Lois is so determined to give him?
Or perhaps is there a sufficient time to Lois to admit to herself her love for Clark? In this way Lois can understand hers is not a sacrifice but a gift, and Clark's feelings of selfishness would reduce, because he'd have the chance to fulfil Lois' desire to be loved by him for the longest time: he'll be not only on the receiving end. But this solution wouldn't solve the " make a baby together because we have to" situation: it'd be more emotionally acceptable but the coception would be forced under the present circumstances.
I'm looking forward to read next parts!

Simona smile
(who, having no children, is probably taking this to give-to take and selfishness-unselfishness stuff in completely wrong way!)

Top Banana
Top Banana
Absolutely wonderful. First of all, such a great original premise. And secondly, so well told. This could so easily slip off the cliff into overly tragic or maudlin, but instead you have written it so straight forward, yet filled with real emotion.

Favorite part: Dr Klein's explanation that Superman is human, with the exception of this hiccup which allows him to live under a red sun.

Loved Clark's reaction to that. Almost worth being sick in order to learn that. Just brought a lump to my throat.

And I adore full ahead, save the day Lois. My very, very favorite kind.

Post more! And soon!

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Columnist
Columnist
Hi,

I know this is late, but RL has been pretty busy for me.

I'd just like to say thank you to everyone who has commented so enthusiastically about our story.

It really is very much appreciated. smile

Yours Jenni

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
*Digs out an old story*
"Well, that may be where you have to get creative."
So, does Lois still have the costume. The one from PML, of course devil Wrong board. Wrong board.
She'd do this any way you wanted to.
Closet in the news room, stairwell in the Planet, conference room, kitchen counter,...

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard