Hi FoLCs wave

Guys, I told you my muse was working in something funnier than ESM this week.

This MLT (micro-little-tiny) vignette was written in tribute to our friend Tank . When I posted a poll “Let´s think about Jimmy” I wasn´t aware of Tank´s feelings for him. This MLTV is an attempt to explain why Tank doesn´t like Jimmy, and why he hates “minor” characters. I hope I could give it a proper Tank Ending as well.

For this, I quote the man:

It´s Jimmy! So who really cares!

Tank (who can't understand some folcs occasional need to elevate Jimmy to the position of actual decent character)
Thanks to SQD, Roo and Boss (LabRat) notworthy for approval and support on this (Tank, they knew about it!!! Don´t get mad at me. They said I could post it! lol ). Any FDK is welcome.

Disclaimers: The characters presented here are not mine. One is alive and the rest is hystory. If the one alive doesn´t like it, then I´ll be hystory. I hope you like it man..Nothing personnal.. Just for the fun of it. laugh

Erica!!! Enough babbling!!! mad

Why Tank Doesn´t Like Jimmy.

By Mad Dog Lane.

It was a beautiful morning in Metropolis. The sun wasn´t completely up, but Perry was already at the Planet making the final adjustments in the printing. He surely could use some extra help with that, but he had already hired many cub reporters that year and none of them was able to keep up with his frenetic rhythm. He knew he was getting too old for that service and sooner or later he would have to find someone to delegate that job out to.

When Perry was almost finished with his morning assignment, a call got him distracted. It was an old friend of his on the phone. He was awfully sorry, but he had to excuse himself for not giving his friend much attention. He needed to have the printing set and had to get himself something to eat because if it were just up to him, he would never have the time to have any of his regular meals.

Perry went to the bull pen, fixed himself some coffee and bought a small cheese sandwich from the vending machine. He was going to take the first bite of the sandwich when a messenger came and interrupted him.

“Mr. White, I´m sorry, sir, but we need your help with the printers. One of them is not working and it´s printing everything in blue.”

“For Elvis´ sake!!! Can´t an old man eat in peace? Alright, alright. Let´s see what happened in there.”

Another messenger came and interrupted them.

“Sir, your wife was on line one. She wanted me to remind you to fix the tail light of the car. She said that if you´re travelling today, you should get it fixed by the afternoon.”

“OK, OK… But I can´t leave now. I have to check on the printers. I´ll call her later. Thanks, Stanley.”

Perry went to his office and wrote himself a note.

“Fix Tail Light. Afternoon.”

The phone rang in front of him.

“Perry White. Yes, yes, Honey. Yes, I got your message. To bring what? Alice, it´s only seven in the morning and my day is already taken. No, I didn´t have breakfast yet… OK, I´ll bring some flashlights… No, I can´t go out to buy them now… you don´t need them now. Yeah, I´ll find someone to buy them for me. OK, honey… I gotta go… me too.. bye.”
Perry looked around him and felt lost. He obviously needed someone to help him out with these minor chores that would make all the difference in the world to him.

Lois arrived at the Planet. She was just hired a few months before and she was going out with this guy named Claude. Perry assigned a temp partnership to them in order to tune Lois in.

“Good morning, Mr. White. Have you seen Claude around?”

“He didn´t show up yet. Uh, Lois, honey, you can call me, Perry. You have been here for four months and I don´t see anyone around here calling me the way you do.”

“Thanks… Perry,” she said with a beautiful smile on her face.

“Welcome… now, Lois, I was wondering if you know anyone that would like to work at the Planet as a research assistant for us.”

“That´s hard to tell. I can´t think of anyone who *doesn´t* want to work with you.”

“Thanks,” he said blushing a little. “I need to find a young man who wants to explore his potential of assisting us here by all means. But I´d like it to be someone we know or someone recommended, you know?”

“I guess I know the perfect person, Perry. His name is *Tank* and he has been a friend of mine since college. I can always give him a call and check if he would like to come for an interview.”

“Yeah, do you think you could call him today? I really could use some help for today already.”

“Sure. No problem.”

Claude came into the newsroom.

“Good morning, Doll,” he said kissing his partner.

“Good morning, Handsome,” she said, not fearing to be too inappropriate.

“Good morning, Chief.”

“Good morning, Claude. Say… do you have any friends that you could call for an interview for a research assistant? Lois said she will call this classmate of hers, but I can always interview more people.”

“Well, I have this cousin of mine. He´s a free-lance photographer. He´s still young and he´s much more energetic than anyone Lois could bring in. Besides, if you hire someone who has already graduated you would have to pay more. Why not give the kiddo an internship? If you´re not pleased with his services, you can always get another one. Look, Chief… I wouldn´t feel very comfortable with this other guy around Lois. You never know what they are up to,” Claude told Perry privately.

“Yeah, I think you´re right. What´s the boy´s name?”

“James Olsen, but we call him Jimmy.”

“Alright, bring the boy in. Let´s give him a chance. Lois, call off that friend of yours. We can always call him if this boy Claude is bringing in doesn´t fit in.”

“Ok Perry. I´ll call him and put him on hold.”

“Thanks.”

And that´s how Jimmy was suggested by Claude and hired by Perry leaving poor Tank to live ever after without his Muse, Lois Lane.

“Did they ever call you after that, Tank?”

MDL. laugh

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."