Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Waaaaah! whinging

His jaw dropped. All knowledge of the English language left his brain.
Despite the angst, this was pretty funny!

What on earth made her think that he’d believe a word of it?
If you'd just scroll up a page or two, Clark, you'd see that she *didn't* think it! <g>

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Merriwether
Merriwether
Ouch ouch ouch oooh ouch. Get back here, I want to see how they work through this!! grumble stupidwritersandtheirstupidcliffhangersandtheirstupidwaitingdaysbetweenposts grumble

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. thumbsup

“Lois, don’t talk like that,” he urged her. “Tell me. Whatever it is, you can tell me. And then let’s see if I believe you. Of course I’ll believe you!”

She turned her gaze to his again, and her eyes shimmered with tears. “Okay. Let’s see how you believe this, then! I love you, Clark. I’m in love with you!”
“I think you’d better leave, Lois,” he said abruptly, harshly, without turning to look at her.
mad He said he believe in her. What kind of a friend he is that he throw her out? He don't believe in what he said either.

More soon, please.

MAF laugh

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ooo! Wonderful section!

I love the introspection and how Lois keeps racing in circles in her mind!!

No wonder Clark doesn't believe her!

Now, slap the boy and get him to his senses quick!

More now!!

Missy

Columnist
Columnist
Evil. Evil, evil, evil, evil women. (Well, maybe not Wendy; I personally blame Kaethel. She is known as the evil one after all!)

Nice. But evil....

Irene evil

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
“I know what friends aren’t for, Clark. They’re not for trampling over, as I’ve done to you again and again. They’re not for taking advantage of, and I keep doing that to you. They’re not there to be used, to be hurt, and to be taken for granted. I’ve done all that to you too many times.
Hooray for Lois finally realizing that smile . She's finally come to her senses.

... but Clark hasn't!

- Alicia smile1

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Features Writer
Features Writer
I love angst. Really, truly I do. But this is too much. You two have to get back here and fix this - we can't wait until Friday.

This was beautiful...
"Clark, everything that's important to me is here. Why would I leave?"
Oh, and on this you definitely had me crying. My poor Clark... whinging

KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I just want to let the mistresses of evil know that I have read this instalment and found it up to their usual high level of skillful writing.

But I don't feel comfortable making any comments on it.

Tank (who sometimes chooses the better part of valor)

Merriwether
Merriwether
Oh, wow. <happy sigh> I love good angst. wink

My favorite parts:

The whole coffee = equality segment was wonderful. Great comparison of the different relationships. thumbsup

How had she failed to notice how she'd been hurting her best friend?

How could she convince him that the last thing she wanted, now, was to hurt him? How could she convince him, after all that she'd done, that she wanted what he wanted?
hyper

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“I think you’d better leave, Lois,” he said abruptly, harshly, without turning to look at her.
Ooh, what a wicked ending! I can't wait for the rest!

JeN hyper

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
OUCH! How can you leave us like that. More soon!Laura

PS Jen I love your Avitar I've read LOTR only about 25 times in my life and I have a ring too<g> And about 4 different sets of the book. I Want it!

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Poor Clark whinging

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy and Kaethel

A fantastic part! mecry

Hurry up and post the last part. I can't wait to read it.

Tricia cool

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Aaaargh!! I can't believe you both! You can't leave us like that! whinging

I liked this bit.

"I needed my friend," she confessed, giving a helpless shrug.

Clark looked blank for a moment. Then his eyes widened. "Me?"

"Of course you, lunkhead!" she exclaimed.
I knew he was a lunkhead! wink

I loved this part, though I just wanted to take them by the scruff of the neck and shake them! If they actully talked and listened to each other they would get on so much better! (But it would leave us less playground for fic! laugh ) Lois summed it up nicely...
“Clark, you’ve got it all wrong -”
I loved Clark in this part, he was ... being Clark. And he didn't let Lois leave when she decided that she had bothered him enough for one night!

When I saw this paragraph, I think I stopped being coherent
He pulled his hand out of hers and looked down. “Lois, you can ask me to be your friend. You can ask me to listen to you about your relationship with... Luthor. You can even ask me to try and be fair about him, although I’m not sure I can promise you that.” He turned to her again, and his expression left her in no doubt that he wasn’t joking. “But don’t play with my feelings. Don’t make me long for something you can’t give. Don’t make me hope when you know it’s hopeless.”
The whole paragraph is wonderful, it just seems to sum Clark up, but the last two lines were definately tugging on the heartstrings. They were beautiful.

This was a fantastic line -
It had me smiling amongst the tears!

But you both devastated me at the end!

They were so close to actually getting somewhere and then this happens!

Part 3 had better come quick! wink

Loriel

"Inappropriate attachment" didn't begin to cover the depth of the feelings Vaughn had for Sydney Bristow.
~Ties That Bind by RJ Anderson~

I ramble at http://www.livejournal.com/~loriel_eris
Columnist
Columnist
Ohwowohwowohwowohwowohwowohwow!

Kae and Wendy... this was... no words... speechless... more... soon... <thud>

Melisma ( notworthy notworthy notworthy under her Rock)

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you're evil, really evil...i'll take it further by saying that hell looks like a vacation camp compared to this! my! shock

I can't believe Clark would act that shallow after what he told Lois.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna grab a bourbon vanilla with macademian nuts ice cream bucket and bury myself in it (or maybe the other way around) but I need comfort ...while anxiously waiting for next part wink

Carole

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow!

The segment where Lois degraded herself over and over for what she had done to Clark was so wonderfully written.

I thought Yay! I'm glad she realizes it! Yet I was crying.

So beautifully written.

Barb.

Top Banana
Top Banana
After having spend most of my time today on school, I managed to read this in my classes. First time I printed something out to read and I enjoyed it a lot. Can't say the other people in my class were too happy with me. It caused some good laughing and yelling moments. wink

So while I had it on paper, I had lots of time to work on my comments. Let's see if I can get it all in here.

First of all, I had lots of 'awwwww,' 'nooo,' 'yay,'and 'lol' moments. It's an excellent part which left me quite frustrated for some time. How long can it take for two people in the same room to finally talk to each other? And why did you end there?? eek

/me wanted to yell at Clark a lot for being such a lunkhead and wake him up razz The introspection was nice tho.

The tension between them was well written. They are so close and yet still so far away. Hurry and fix that!

She turned her gaze to his again, and her eyes shimmered with tears. “Okay. Let’s see how you believe this, then! I love you, Clark. I’m in love with you!”
WOOHOO!!! About time you finally told him, Lois! Now don't be silly and just kiss her senseless, Clark...

ROTFL!!! I take that as a good sign so kiss her!

“You’re right. I don’t believe you,” he said flatly, getting up from the couch and walking into the kitchen.
What on earth made her think that he’d believe a word of it?
NOOOOOOOO!!!!! <sniff> Don't do that! You both love each other so stop acting like little kids! Talk... no, wait... go kiss!

And why do you have to say that Clark? You just told her you would believe her!

“Lois, don’t talk like that,” he urged her. “Tell me. Whatever it is, you can tell me. And then let’s see if I believe you. Of course I’ll believe you!”
And Lois had already made very clear she expected you not to believe her:

“That’s why I can’t tell you about this. Not just because you won’t believe me, but because I don’t deserve to have you believe me.”
“- I’m afraid that you won’t believe me,” she finished on a whisper.
ANd then that last line, truly evil So get back here and post part 3! /me simply demands more

Saskia (having talked enough now and finally shutting up wink )

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
This Clark is way too selfless and saint-like in his introspection! goofy

I was ready to cheer when Lois cataloged the many ways she used Clark rather than befriended him during S1. Really, when did she treat him like a friend at all? The only thing Clark ever got out of the deal was proximity to Lois. No, I take that back: Lois was a pretty good friend when Clark was amnesiac in ASU. Other than that, nope, not really.

But all this is angst and more angst. Yawn. Waiting for the next part instead. Give us MORE! smile

Hazel, who doesn't enjoy emotional angst all that much. Could you tell? goofy

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Awww, Wendy and Kae, this was wonderful and upsetting all at once!!! goofy

Beaker: Special Talents: Scientific assistant, Victim
Last Book Read: "1001 Meeps to a Bigger Vocabulary"
Quote: "Meep! Meep! Meep!"
Never Leaves Home Without: Medical Coverage
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard