Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
A
This is my third fanfic, as usual I do not own the characters I am just using them for pleasure blah blah blah…
This story is set before Lois has any idea that Clark loves her but they are already best friends and are extremely close. This Lois is also a lot more open to people she likes and rushes in even more. Clark is still the same nice lovely guy.
Comments Please….

Lois grinned as she stepped out of the elevator and in to the newsroom. Her weekend had been great; it had started off at a bar in central Metropolis. Lois had been there with Lucy to meet her latest boyfriend, he was as usual a complete idiot in Lois's eyes. His only redeeming feature was his friend Drew Evangelo, whom he had brought along.

Drew was one of the most beautiful men Lois could remember ever seeing. His tanned skin and dark brown hair made his blue eyes seem piercing and enchanting, and to top it off he also had a fantastic body (from what she could tell!!!) although thinking about it, it could never be as good as superman's!!!

Drew worked in Kitchen management at the Great Metropolis Hotel, and was extremely intelligent, they had talked all night about politics, economics and he had also enjoyed hearing about Lois's work at the Planet. Later that night he had walked Lois home, after they had dropped Lucy off with her boyfriend at his nearby apartment. They had chatted away like old friends and Lois had found herself really drawn to the beautiful, witty, and intelligent and did she mention attractive stranger.
………The sound of chatting snapped Lois abruptly out of her daydream; she looked up to see Cat swinging towards her.

“So Lois you look happy who is he? No don't tell me you have finally noticed that cute partner of yours” sniggered Cat

“No I have not and it's none of your business,” snapped Lois as she looked towards her desk to see half of the newsroom looking at something that was blocked from her view.
“HEY WHAT YOU ALL LOOKING AT” she shouted towards the group who quickly disappeared to let her see a large bunch of red roses and a small box at its side.

Lois grinned as she walked over to her desk and retrieved the card from the flowers not noticing that Cat had followed her and was reading over her shoulder.

“'Lois thanks for a great night your wonderful love Drew.' I knew it so who is the sucker” said Cat with an air of I-told-you-so.

“He's a friend that's all Cat,” replied Lois. Lois looked up to confront Cat but found she was looking in the other direction as she followed Cats gaze which was aimed at her partner who she suddenly realised didn't look like his usual cheery self at all. In fact at that precise moment was looking incredibly sorry for himself.

“Looks like you've upset Clark maybe I'll have to go and cheer him up” grinned Cat

“Leave him and me alone Cat,” said a slightly annoyed Lois. She wondered what was up with Clark it was unusual for him to be so glum.

Cat slinked away looking very pleased with herself, much to Lois's disgust. She sighed as she opened the box that sat next to the flowers and caught her breath as she say a beautiful silver chain studded with small diamonds. “Oh Drew,” she whispered under her breath. She promptly picked up the phone and dialled the number on the card,
“555-732543” she repeated

“Hi Drew its Lois”
“Hi Lois did you get my gift?”

“Yes thank you so much there beautiful, but you didn't have t…”

“Stop there Lois I wanted to buy you something special in return for the special evening you gave me, and I have just come into some money and wanted to spend it on something beautiful and what better that you.”

“Ohhh Drew you shouldn't have but thank you there beautiful and in return will you come to mine tonight for a meal?”

“Certainly, I have some things to do earlier in the evening so how about I come around at about 8 o'clock ish.”

“That would be great I'll see you then. Bye Drew and thank you”

“Bye Lois”

Lois hung up as she noticed Clark standing hesitantly near her desk,
“Hey you what's up?” she asked fondly noticing clearly the troubled look on his face.

Clark moved toward Lois and perched himself on her desk
“Hi, um Lois I couldn't stop myself from overhearing that you met someone at the weekend and I just wanted to be sure you know what your doing. I know it's none of my business but I just like to know that you're safe”

“Oh Clark your right it is none of your business but then again I can see why your worried you're my best friend in the whole world and I would be upset if you didn't ask but there is nothing to worry about Drew…” Lois stopped briefly as she saw Clark flinch at his name (he's being incredibly odd, I wonder what his problem is?) she continued “…is a lovely man and I know I have not known him for long at all but I really like him”

“I'm pleased for you Lois” he replied sullenly as he walked away.
God she thought he could have at least pretended to be happy for me, I wonder whats got his knickers in a twist!!!!

That night Lois ordered a take away from "Hong Chong's House of Chinese' and rented the video "Die Hard' and eagerly awaited Drew's arrival. As she waited she thought about the day at the newsroom specifically Clark's unusual behaviour that had proceeded relentlessly throughout the day and to be honest had started to down right piss her off.

At 8 o'clock Lois opened the door to Drew who was dressed in jeans a white shirt that had the top buttons undone and a smile.

“Hey” she grinned as he tipped his head and captured her mouth in a small welcoming kiss.

“Well I could get used to that” he smiled as she led him into her apartment. “Wow Lois it smells wonderful you must be a good cook.”

“HA” laughed Lois “to be honest its take away and I cannot cook to save my life just ask Clark who has been trying to teach me” she giggled remembering times past when Clark had tried to teach her how to make pancakes and she had ended up with mush that stuck to her ceiling for weeks.

“Clark” asked Drew unsure

“Yeah you remember my partner at the planet and my best friend”

“Ohhh him yeah I remember, well I hope soon I can be your best friend and your partner” he replied softly grasping her hand and gently stroking her fingers.

“Well you have a lot of work to do Clark knows me better that I know myself”

“Mmmm I see,” whispered Drew to himself.

“Come on lets eat, I'm starved” said Lois as she sat at her table and opened the cartons of food.
The evening had gone so fast and all to soon for Lois it was time for Drew to leave.
They stood by the door as Lois remembered her invite.

“Oh Drew I forgot to ask I know its short notice but in two days time on Wednesday evening I have a pre-awards dinner at the Lexor and I was wondering if you would be my date?”

“Wednesday yeah that's fine Lois I would love to be your date, I take it that it's for a big award”

“Yes Clark and I have been nominated for Best Partnership Piece Of The Year for our work on the abduction cases a few months ago”

“I remember the piece, but shouldn't you go with Clark as it's a partnership award after all. I wouldn't mind”

“Drew I want to go with you. Clark will get someone else to go with him.”

With that Drew smiled and pulled Lois into a quick but incredibly sensual kiss. Lois gasped as he started to pull away to leave and grabbed the back of his head for another kiss.

The next morning Lois opened the door to Clark's apartment as she called his name, but she got no answer and soon saw him talking on the phone as he smiled and waved at her to come in.

“Yes I really want you to come, of course I do, oh Lana I cant wait to see you again, ok. I'll see you on Wednesday. Bye” soon he hung up the phone and turned to Lois.

“Lana hey I thought you hadn't spoken to her since college” questioned an intrigued Lois.

“Well I've spoken to her recently and she's coming to Metropolis so I invited her to the dinner, I assumed you would be going with Drew” he replied almost angrily.

“Well yeah its nice you've got a date, but you had better go and get dressed before we're late.”

Clark wandered into his bedroom pulling off his shirt as he went leaving a surprised Lois in his wake as she watched his tanned back rippling as he walked away.

Lois started to make coffee and called Clark to ask him a question as she heard his shower shut off. “Clark where do you keep your coffee filters I can never find them I'm sure you do this on purpose” shouted Lois as she brought her head out of a cupboard and nearly passed out at the sight of Clark standing in his bedroom doorway, hands on hips and towel wrapped around his waist, body dripping with glistening water droplets.

“Lois I do not do it to you on purpose and they are in the cupboard on your second left” said Clark as he turned back into is room.

Lois just stared as Clark left the door way (Oh my god I never knew Clark had a body like that he gives Superman a right run for his money and even Drew if I ever see under his clothes…) she smiled as she thought about that body but quickly snapped herself out of it as she realised that this was Clark she was thinking about.

It was soon the night of the awards and Lois had arrived with Drew and stepped into the Lexor to be greeted by Clark and Lana. Clark looked at Lois as she entered she was wearing a floor length burgundy dress with thin spaghetti straps.

“Wow Lois you look amazing” Clark smiled “Ready to kick some reporting *** ?”

Lois looked at Clark as she entered on the arm of Drew; he had drastically cheered up since the morning he had found out that Lana was coming to town Lois winced at the feeling of hurt but quickly pushed to the back of her mind, this was her night tonight. She quickly looked Clark over in response to his admiration he was dressed in a smart black tux with crisp white shirt and black bow tie. She also took a look at the infamous Lana who was dressed in a short dark blue strapless dress with her long black hair hanging loosely over her shoulder.

“You look good to Clark” smiled Lois as she kissed his cheek and gave him a hug with Lana and Drew looking on uncomfortably.

“Ready then you two” Lois turned talking to Lana and Drew as she re-linked arms with Drew.

Later that evening Lois ran into Cat in the lady's toilets.
“Well Lois I see you've got a nice one there very nice is your Drew, reminds me a lot of someone else we know”

“What are you on about Cat?”

“I'm talking about the similarities between Clark and your new man, tell me you have noticed because everyone else has. Its all going around that your subconscious is at play” chuckled a very pleased Cat as she left a stunned Lois to exit the toilets alone.

Lois stood at the side and watched for a few minutes, she saw Clark and noticed how good he looked.
(I've been noticing that a lot recently I wonder why? I'm suppose to be with Drew)
She moved slightly to get Drew also into her frame of vision, well he was roughly the same height and build as Clark and they had similar colourings but Clark was a lot stronger in his presence and if she was honest probably better looking.

“Oh my god” she suddenly whispered in astonishment (oh how could I be so stupid how come I never clicked. Drew is so much like Clark I wonder why I never noticed it.)
“Oh my god” she sighed again (I really like Clark and I chose Drew because he is so similar to Clark. Oh my GOD. I love CLARK)

The rest of the evening was a success with Lois trying to get around her new revelations and before to soon it was time for the announcement of Best Partnership.

“Well the most eagerly awaited award of the evening is now here these are the nominations for Best Partnership Of The Year. Helen Davies and Paul Decane, Clark Kent and Lois Lane, Linda King and Rupert Doherty and finally Samantha Ring and Freia Hunt. Good Luck to all.” The announcer turned as clips of the partners at work appeared on screen. “And the winner of The Best Partnership Of The Year is…”

Lana and Drew looked at their dates and whispered good luck, as Lois and Clark clasped hands under the table and smiled at each other. Waiting with bated breath for the winner.

“Clark Kent and Lois Lane for their work on the abduction case.”

Clark and Lois rose to a din of clapping and cheering, as both stood so did Drew and Lana as they went to hug Lois and Clark they were cut off as Clark swept Lois into a big hug and swung her gently around shouting “Yes Lois we did it our first award”.

Eventually they made it up to the stage to collect the award and give short speeches Clark went first.

“I would like to first thank the Daily Planet for giving my a job and Perry White for making me partners with Lois and most importantly I must say thank you to my wonderful partner and best friend Lois Lane” Clark turned to look at Lois as he spoke to her with extreme sincerity in his eyes “Lois you are the best partner anyone could ask for I love your courage and determination, and most of all your friendship that you have bestowed on me over the years.”

Lois smiled at Clark with a new love in her eyes and she touched his arm as he stepped back from the podium allowing her to speak.
“Clark thank you for being my partner and helping me work out these cases, I could not do it without your support. I have begun to realise recently that I should have allowed you into my life sooner and I also need to thank Perry White and the Daily Planet the most important things in my life. I have mentioned everyone worth the attention now so I will let you all get back to the dance.” Lois waved as she exited the stage with Clark.

“Oh Clark thank you for that speech it was beautiful”

“You deserved it Lois you are a beautiful friend and person I love you for that”

“Really Clark because I need to tell you that I….”
Lois stopped as Drew gently grabbed her arm.

“So Lois I obviously don't mean that much to you then”

“What Drew what are you talking about?”

“You didn't even mention me in your speech and what was that you were saying the other night about me being important to you. Changed you mind all of a sudden have we?”

“Well actually yes I have Drew I'm really sorry but I don't feel like that about you I thought I did but I don't, I'm really sorry”

“Fine if you feel like that there is not much I can do about that, I'm sure you'll be happy with him”

“Who Drew there is no one else”

“Clark of course you both seemed very loving of each other up there I was so blind not to see it. Goodbye” and with that he turned around and left leaving Lois gob smacked and surprised that he had been able to see her true feelings better than she had.

She turned around to see Clark saying goodbye to Lana. She walked up to him as Lana left. “Has she gone for the same reason as Drew”, Clark shrugged “yeah I guess so.”

“Look Lois is there something you want to tell me, everybody has been dropping hints at me since the speech and I'm not sure why”

“Clark dance with me” Lois pleaded

Clark led Lois onto the packed dance floor. She lent her head onto his shoulder as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

Lois lifted he head and whispered into Clarks ear “I love you”

Clark smiled and whispered, “I love you to”

Lois lent back slightly and said again “No you don't understand I Love you, not like that like this” and with that she lend forward and raised a hand to Clarks head and pulled him into an extremely passionate and stirring kiss.

As they eventually broke off they became aware off the cheers and whistles surrounding them they heard a voice on the P.A “Well folks looks like the "Hottest Team In Town' has finally realised they are hot for each other, so lets let them get on with it.”

Clark and Lois looked at each other and smiled their faces both bright red and both panting slightly from their kiss. Clark initiated another kiss one that was full of promise as they both pledged their lives to each other for all eternity.

THE END HOPE YOU ENJOYED…

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Just bumping this up to the top of the page as it's been moved from another folder and might get lost further down. smile

LabRat [Linked Image]

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard