It All Ends HERE!
Yes FoLCs, this is the last part of the story, and the last of the mystery. I hope we all had fun! smile
I'll give you some time to make your Final Guesses , and then I'm going to unmask.

TTFN!

-------------------

The sun was on his back and the wind was in his hair as he flew to catch a falling beam. It was good to be back, though Clark had made it clear at the press conference that his return was limited; no more rescuing cats in trees, no more delivering babies, and no special appearances. From now on, he would only appear if there was a true emergency.

Like this one.

The death toll so far was 12, though it would have been 54 if he hadn't arrived when he did! It was definitely good to be back.

His eyes turned the colour of flame as he welded two beams to keep the structure from totally collapsing. There were still 16 people trapped inside, and he needed to get them out quickly before something caved and more people got hurt. As he flew towards them, though, he heard the sound of metal scraping and turned to see another beam starting to yield.

"I got it!"

Before Clark could move, a figure in black tights and jacket dashed to the beam and began lifting it back into place. What on earth---?

"I got it! Go!"

Clark swiftly raced to where the others were cowering. When all 16 were safely away from the area, he nodded to his unrequested assistant. The youth released the beams he was holding and flew to Clark's side as the building shuddered and finally fell to its knees.

"Woah. So what happened, a bomb?"

"No. More likely the contractor cut corners. Do you mind telling me what you're doing here?!"

"I, um, saw it on the news, and it looked like you could use a little help."

"Thanks."

"You're not mad?"

"On the contrary," said Clark, "I'm furious. You said you were going to drop the Nightwing act. You broke your word to me!"

"Ah, but that's where you're wrong; I did *not* break my promise. Look!" CJ turned and showed his dad the back of his jacket.

"Tornado?"

"Yep!"

Clark shook his head and sighed. "I guess that's fitting; you're just like your mother! So how much money did you spend on that jacket?"

"None, actually. It was a gift."

"A gift? From who?"

"Um, let's just say a very, very, *very* close friend who's good at keeping secrets and won't breath a word about anything to anybody, I swear!"

Clark frowned. Just then, a camera flashed and a crowd of reporters began to emerge on the site. They waved their notebooks and shouted questions; all the while, photographers kept snapping pictures of everything. Microphones were shoved in the two superheroes' faces.

"Superman, over here!"

"Superman, who is this guy?"

"Is this your son? Kid brother? Cousin? A clone?"

"Are you the 'Nightwing' character who's been making the headlines lately?"

"Are you from Krypton too?"

"How old are you?"

"How long have you been in Metropolis?"

Clark raised his hands for the mob to quiet down. When it was down to a dull roar, he spoke. "Ladies and Gentlemen of the press, Tornado will gladly answer all of your questions a year or so from now; he will hold a press conference, and you can ask him anything you like then. Right now though, we both have to be going." Clark grabbed his son by the arm and took off, leaving the gaping crowd behind.

"A year?" CJ asked once they were high in the air.

"That's how long you're likely going to be grounded for once we get home and sit down with your mother to discuss this stunt, not to mention a certain 'friend' of yours."

"Dad, you can't ground me; I'm too old! Being grounded is for kids!"

"CJ, As long as you live under my roof, you'll obey my rules and face whatever form of discipline I think is necessary. Now like I said, we'll discuss all this with your mother first. Then when your mother and I are done yelling at you, we're going to get in touch with your friend and have a thorough discussion about the enormity of what he knows."

"She."

"I don't care if they're an 'it' right now, CJ. You are in serious trouble, and life is going to be very unpleasant for you between now and when you get back in the game."

"Back in the game? You mean you're gonna let me be a superhero?"

"Well, we have to talk it over with your mother first, but...yeah, I think so."

"WOO-HOO!"

"But not until you're 18, and even then, *only* in a very limited capacity; no major disasters, no super-villains, and don't even *think* about going into outer space!"

"But Dad, what's left?!"

"Kittens in trees."

"WHAT?"

Clark grinned. "Don't worry, CJ, there will be plenty of things for you to do while you're learning the ropes, but I just want you to stay where I can keep an eye on you and avoid situations that are too dangerous. When you start getting the hang of things, I'll start extending your limits. Okay?"

"Okay, Dad."

"Oh, and CJ?"

"Yeah?"

"Get rid of that cheesy mask!"

Guess Who wink