Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#14048 07/22/04 12:38 PM
Laurach Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Wow Yvonne, George is still great but what is Lois going to do? How can she approach Clark with this. Poor clark I would think he would be embarrased and humiliated. I can't imagine her feeling anything less then that either. So when all the embarasment goes away what will happen? And how does Lois feel about Clark? I can't wait for more Yvonne I am so glad you did this sequil. Just to see George again is worth it<g>
laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#14049 07/22/04 02:56 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#14050 07/22/04 03:11 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yvonne, these postings are so small! I feel like i'm getting the story in tiny incriments. I want it all! Yesterday! smile1

I just love George. I can't wait to see how she's going to approach this with Clark and how he's going to get up the nerve to spill the beans to her.

I love the way these therapy sessions go. I just love the way you make it so real.

I'll be checking for the next post. Every few hours of course!! thumbsup

It's always such an embarrassment. Having to do away with someone. It's like announcing to the world that you lack the savvy and the finesse to deal with the problem more creatively. I mean, there have been times, naturally, when I've had to have people eliminated, but it's always saddened me. I've always felt like I've let myself down somehow.
#14051 07/22/04 03:48 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
I'm finding it really hard to keep up this, plus writing, reading, corresponding, work, and a punishing rehearsal schedule for the Proms. I'm doing the best I can, honestly! blush
[Linked Image] Ok, sounds like you have a good excuse. *sends away the wildguy s*
“Come on, Lois,” said George. “We’ll take this thing out together, have a good look at it from all angles, and batter it down to size. Heck, we’ll even batter Clark down to size if it helps. I’m good at that.”

Yes, he was. She’d heard him.

“And your coffee’s getting cold,” he added.

A corner of her mouth curled upwards. Mustn’t let the coffee go cold. Nothing more important than that.
*giggle*

Her breath ran out abruptly and she was forced to suck in a lungful of air that turned into a half-sob. Tears threatened, but instead she let out an angry yell and crossed her arms in front of her. “I am not going to cry over this,” she gritted defiantly. “I am damned well not going to cry!”

She dropped her gaze to the carpet and bit back another sob.
That's our Lois!
“Hell,” muttered George from his chair. “Lois, I’m sorry you overheard all that. The clinic has very stringent procedures to make sure consultations are kept strictly confidential, but clearly I screwed up like a rookie amateur that day. How did you overhear us?”
He's just lucky neither she nor Clark is likely to sue for malpractice.

The interspersing of George talking and Lois' flashback (?) was very well done. And good on George for picking up what was happening.

Great part!

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#14052 07/23/04 03:15 AM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I'm not sure what I can say here. This is typically very well written and the characters seem very real, but...

At first reading this felt like excess. Almost like the angst was being loaded on for angst sake, or even padding. But then upon further consideration the events do flow logically from the situations you've described. But it does bring up some 'deeper' problems.

I can't help but feel that there is more to Lois' experiences in Brazzaville than she is 'remembering'. I get the impression that she has not remembered things the way they actually happened. Something more terrible than just her capture and suggestive cruel harassment had to have happened for Lois to have been 'damaged' as badly as she seems to be.

There also seems to be a definite conflict of interest going on here with George. I have a hard time believing that he'd consider seeing Lois once he knew that her main problem dealt with Clark. Realistically he should have made his apologies and excused himself from her case. Of course, that would have deprived us seeing Lois with your excellant supporting character of George.

What this appears to have come down to is two people, who on the surface may seem to be getting better, but in truth are so screwed up that there seems little hope that they could ever, realistically, get together as a couple. Their psychological problems and baggage are just too overwhelming to get past.

It's almost like the only way for them to 'work things out' is for their therapy to be a foursome; Lois and Clark, Francine and George.

Tank (who not only wonders if Lois and Clark will ever get together, but if they should)

#14053 07/23/04 07:19 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
At first reading this felt like excess.
Yay, a dissenting voice at last! smile

I'm not being sarcastic, Tank, I really mean this. Praise and enthusiastic are always incredibly welcome, and please don't let my comments here dissuade people from posting it, because I thrive on your kind words, but it's great to get some criticism too.

I'm very anxious that this be a well-balanced, credible piece. I don't want it to be open to any criticisms of angst for angst's sake, so I take your comments very seriously, Tank. I'm already keeping an eye on this very issue, but perhaps I'll increase the sensitivity on my angst-o-meter and ask my BRs to do the same. smile

As to George's conflict of interest - yes, this is the very reason I didn't make him Lois's primary counsellor from the start of the story (although several people wanted me to do just that). I think he's skating on the edge of what's ethical (I speak from gut instinct here, not from any actual knowledge of the profession, you understand) but so far hasn't committed any gross breaches of confidentiality. Other than his indiscretion during Clark's therapy session, of course. wink

Yvonne smile

#14054 07/23/04 09:53 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Word "Obsession" cannot be in Lois' vocabulary, even if this is love obsession of someone whom she like.
I'm going with Tank's suggestion: a therapy session with Clark Lois Francine and George can be a good idea.

Simona smile

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard