Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#13964 07/20/04 03:01 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
This is quite a pivotal moment, isn't it? goofy Obviously no one was going to tell Lois about this Clark-loves-her thing anytime soon, so I'm glad she overheard it wink Now let's just hope she can avoid being totally freaked out over it; talking to George should help.

George continues to be hilarious, btw smile

But now what? Will Clark back off? Will Lois feel rejected? Will true love prevail...? Err, sorry, got a little melodramatic there <g>

As always, I want MORE!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#13965 07/20/04 04:15 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This is a really good story. I wonder why Lois can't read Clark's mind? Don't they do telepathy or is it only one way? Why doesn't Clark ever overhear Lois' mind?

I'm getting more and more convinced that you've been a therapist or a psychologist or some kind of councilor. You sure know the questions and the answers!

And hey, i thought that was supposed to be a long post. It was mighty short for me!!

Nancy

It's always such an embarrassment. Having to do away with someone. It's like announcing to the world that you lack the savvy and the finesse to deal with the problem more creatively. I mean, there have been times, naturally, when I've had to have people eliminated, but it's always saddened me. I've always felt like I've let myself down somehow.
#13966 07/20/04 07:05 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
A few people have queried the telepathy thing, so I'm jumping in quickly to offer my take on how it works.

I liken their telepathic communication to normal spoken conversations - they're merely speaking without actually opening and shutting their mouths. This appears to fit with the way telepathy was depicted on the show - Clark couldn't read any of the New Kryptonians' minds without their permission and they couldn't read his. Not only that, but New Kryptonians couldn't read each other's minds - otherwise, all that strategising they did in preparation for the fight with Lord Nor was a waste of time. They could have just read his mind to find out what he was planning to do and then acted accordingly.

In short, I don't think telepathy, in this case, is mind-reading. It's just silent conversation.

I will add, however, that I've extended Lois and Clark's communication to include a sensing of the other's feelings. So when Clark first met Lois in Addicted, her feelings and emotions were so violent, vivid and uncontrollable that they leaked out all over the place - so far as a telepath like Clark was concerned.

Yvonne smile

#13967 07/20/04 10:45 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#13968 07/20/04 12:36 PM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Interesting part.

I see Lois balanced on a knife's edge here. Clark is not longer just the good guy trying to help a poor mixed up woman. Clark supposidly loves her but how could he? He doesn't know her. Is he a stalker type? Is he some sort of fetish guy who obsesses on women he doesn't know?

And what about her emotions? Can she really have feelings for s guy she apparently doesn't know much about? The more she finds out the more she is confused.

I'll take shorter instalments if they come frequently. VERY FREQUENTLY.

Tank (who thinks now more than ever Lois needs the peace and calm of a mobile home with a river running through the back yard, and an older guy who is relatively non-threatening)

#13969 07/20/04 09:16 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Too short.

REALLY good. smile1 thumbsup

But too short.

I'll take shorter installments if they come frequently. VERY FREQUENTLY.
*considers* Yes, that seems fair.

Next part, please. wildguy wildguy

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard