Print Thread
#13827 07/12/04 11:22 AM
A
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
A
Wow!! Excellent part!! thumbsup

He swivelled sharply, revealing wide, panicky eyes. “No,” he murmured. “No, you won’t lose me. Ever.” He bowed his head and shook it slowly from side to side. “God, Lois,” he said, “I’m so stupid. I keep pushing you away, when all I want is to...“

He fell silent, shaking his head again.

Wanted to what? Those were such tantalising words, especially when she let herself remember his kisses on her shoulder, or his husky voice as he’d murmured her name. Yes, she’d told herself that the kisses didn’t mean anything, and that her attraction to him didn’t mean anything either, but still. Hope sprang. She couldn’t suppress it.

“What, Clark?” she asked, rising from her seat and walking towards him. “What do you want?”
On one hand... Just spill it already, lunkhead!!

On the other hand... this way, the story will end rather soon...

Well, why bother with guessing, when there's nagging?

POST SOON, YVONNE!! wildguy wildguy wildguy

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#13828 07/12/04 11:41 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow Yvonne! This is perfect! clap clap
Francine doesn't beat about the bush, does she?
Oh boy, he was more obtuse than she'd ever imagined a person could be!
Lois hit the mark!
"I'm so stupid"
Exactly, Clark!
" I keep pushing you away, when all I want is to.."
Okay Clark! This is really, really NOT the time to be an idiot, don't say something stupid, please! And this is NOT the time to hear something from outside, okay? You can help with that earthquake in India in five minutes, okay? But naturally this is a mugging, or a fire, so you have to go now, isn't it? Clark, Clark are you hearing me? Clark, where are you going? What's hap... frown Don't worry Lois, he's going to come back (sooner or later)

Simona smile

#13829 07/12/04 12:13 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#13830 07/12/04 04:12 PM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
An interesting place to stop.

Lois is getting desparate and Clark is getting thicker by the minute. Yep, things are going just swimmingly.

Tank (who thinks that Lois needs a non-threatening older man... from Minnesota, to help her regain herself)

#13831 07/12/04 07:16 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Before I comment on the fic, I had to comment on the previous post.
a non-threatening older man... from Minnesota
*tries to picture Tank, originator of the TE, as "non-threatening"*

*tries again*

smile1 And they are so good! George walks the tightrope of confidentiality and conflict-of-patients'-interests with finesse and aplomb! clap Clark is our own lovable lunkhead. And Lois is slowly but surely finding herself again. dance

And then, Clark started to say something that could be Very Good -- or Very Bad.

And you STOPPED THERE!!!!! *rends hair* GET BACK HERE! wildguy wildguy wildguy

. . . and a couple spider spider s too!

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard