Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
Do you honestly think anyone ever watches their little girl grow up thinking ‘I hope she settles down with a nice extraterrestrial?'
I just find this highly amusing. Nice part!

More soon please. smile

--meclone2--

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aw what a sweet guy to make her breakfast. This was nice Leela, short but sweet. More soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
Good heart to heart talk..It's really amazing how far you've brought Lois along.. thumbsup

“Clark,” she said evenly. “ I can’t promise they won’t worry about all this stuff. Parents are very strange sometimes when it comes to protecting their kids. But… I can promise you this… I love you. I will always love you. I want us to marry. I also want my family to be a part of our life… so… they will… get over it, if there is any ‘it’ to get over. I’ll be at your side… through it all… for better, for worse…right?”

He gave her a loving smile.

“Right.”
Awwwwwwwwwwww!! love

More soon!!

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This is fabulous. They're still walking on eggshells around each other, somewhat, but they're working on that.

“Okay, already – you got the job… stop being so darned wonderful at everything.”
lol

And, for what it's worth, Lord Kal does not strike me as the musical type.

“Clark. I know I acted … I know I treated you horribly when I first came home, but I had good reason to be wary of you. I suffered for three years in another world at the hands of a man who … you resemble… and… that’s bound to have an effect on a person. But these people only had the clone in their midst for a day… how fickle! One stupid day… and they turn against you?”
Even in the midst of all those bad memories, this part actually made me laugh -- she's got a point! She had a reason to worry; what's their excuse? smile

Speaking as the one who's compiling a complete file of this story (up to 403 pages!), the transition to this part from last (pg) part is kinda abrupt. Shall I insert some smut-eating asterisks? laugh

Waiting impatiently for more,

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
It seems like you just can't find a good fic where Alt-Clark's self-esteem isn't in the toilet! Does he EVER look in the mirror? <g>

HE WORRIES TOO MUCH.

On the flip side, what I'd give for a relationship with a guy like that!

Lois needs some kind of bio-feedback therapy, where she sees a picture of her Clark in black, and trains herself not to feel anxiety or revulsion, or have a panic attack.

Between his self-esteem issues and her psychological problems, it's going to be hard to get married....isn't it?

Just think, Leela....if this gets concluded this year, you may win the Kerth award for the longest-running epic L&C saga of all time! They may have to make a new category just for Long Strange Trip. Or....you can just continue it forever, like a weekly TV series. That would be fine too!

I'm just glad that I've been reading it in parts, because printing 400+ pages in one shot would mean I'd have to buy a new ink cartridge and LOTS of printer paper <G>

As always, I eagerly await the next part.

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Leela

WOW, a fantastic part! smile1

Tricia cool

Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, shucks! clap

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
An interesting turnaround as Lois is the one who is more confident in their relationship now.

I would think that Lois would point out to Clark that announcing their engagement would actually help alleviate some of the new fears people seem to be having about Clark. After all, if Lois Lane, the woman who wrote all those scathing articles about the Man of Steel, has agreed to marry him... he must have something going for him.

Also, I would think that Clark's previous contact with Lois' family during the times when he was out 'looking' for Lois would still stand him in good stead with them. I'm sure that Lucy would be in the big guy's camp.

I never thought that, logically, Lois would be able to come around, but it does seem to work. You can post more now.

Tank (who thinks that even though LST has had a head start, Imbalance will probably walk off with the prize for longest running fic)

Kerth
Kerth
Looking forward that visit, L! hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
Pam - good point on the transition. If you read the nfic, you get a smooth transition, otherwise it's abrupt. I'll fix it later. No time right now ;-)

And tee hee, I know, I can't picture Lord Kal singing either! It's just a testament to how we are all nutty in our fears that Clark would even worry about that.

Maria: They aren't marrying *tomorrow*. It's a slow process. Trauma recovery takes time, and Clark is used to dealing with her negative reactions - in a way, he's traumatized by some of how she's reacted... he's inclined to be a little overly concerned about things.

His fear of how others will accept him is not his way of trying to find a way out of marrying her - he wants to marry her... he's just afraid of not being accepted. It's a rational fear, imho.

Chris, I have already scoped out an aversion-therapy plot point which I ran by CC! She loved it, and you will see it soon.

As far as her psychological problems and his feelings - tehse are feelings that run deep with them, they just need to learn to deal with them.
It'll happen.

Tank: Another perspective is that the superman detractors out there will just think that he's done to her what she was worried he had done to everyone else: Used some mind-control techniques to make her have a turnaround, and that he did this, got her to fall in love with him, because it amused him to have his most vocal detractor end up soppily in love with him. (Tee hee)

I was glad to see you approved though.

Thank's everyone for all your comments. I can't wait to finish the story!! Yahhhhh!

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great post.

Rather busy so I'm not going to go on and on and on about how I like this one.

But I have to admit, CLARK WORRIES TOO MUCH! Lois needs to take the boy to task over that!

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard