Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kaethel Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hey Phoenix smile

Since I'm spending a few days home, I decided to use the time to finally catch up on some stuff. Your writing has been recommended to me by a couple of friends, and so today I ran into your latest story. smile

What strikes me first and foremost is your way to create an atmosphere for your story. As I was reading, I could see everything very clearly in my mind's eye. I could almost feel the cold of winter and hear the sounds of wilderness around Dekani. When she was worried (like when she was drinking water), I was listening out for sounds of danger, too! So you definitely pulled this reader into the universe you created.

I shuddered at the scene where she eats human flesh, because you made it so real it was disturbing. I don't mean that in a bad sense, by the way! Of course Dekani isn't aware at all that eating her peers is a taboo - as you mention in the scene in question. And in her world of fear and hunger, there's no reason for her to let that one thing stop her. I was fascinated with her universe and the way you described it.

I can't wait to see more from you! thumbsup

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Kae got in before me, Phoenix, and she said what I was going too. wink Your writing is so atmospheric that, even though this really isn't my kind of story, it drew me in all the same. You draw Denaki's character so well that I can actually see her doing what you describe. And the world you paint with your narrative sounds very real to me as well. thumbsup

I take your point that no-one else has seen this, and I know that you know you still have a few problems with spelling and grammar - but your skills there are a lot better than they used to be. Keep working at it, because you have a great deal of talent. smile

Nice work!

Wendy smile (who says that it was very nice to see Phoenix yesterday, and that it's not surprising that she was in a bad mood since she was in a lot of pain. sad )

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
smile1 EEEEE! You like it! I'm grinning my head off on this end! Wow! Again, Wendy, I'm sorry for being so anti-social when you visited, glad to see my ramblings didn't scare you off. Ah! I'm just wanting to run around in circles here! I'm so happy!

Enough exclimation marks, girl. smile1 ::Starts running in circles.::

If I can't be a good example, I'll just have to settle for being a horrible warning. ::Shifty Eyes::
Columnist
Columnist
Wow! Honey, this is awesome. There are too many parts to mention all of them, but the line about 'almost sad' at the end of Dekani's section blew me away.

I like Nakomi also. I'm really looking forward to reading more about him.

Mom
who is very, very proud of her daughter's abilities!

P.S. BTW, to the other readers, I will say that my daughter is very well-adjusted and really doesn't do gruesome things around the house!!

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard