Next Thread
Print Thread
#137797 11/04/03 03:28 AM
A
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
A
This isn't fiction, but I was asked to write a paragraph or two on the Hope of the Holiday Season and Christmas and what it means to me by the minister at my church. It's due this Thursday and I was hoping to get some quick opinions before I turn it in.

Please let me know...complete honesty...what you think.

HOPE OF THE HOLIDAY SEASON

When I think of hope at Christmastime, I remember the happy years of childhood; sleeplessly anticipating seeing the tree and all the brightly-colored packages for the first time. We'd open the gifts one at a time and display the contents for everyone else, then spend the rest of the day playing with the toys.

Now, I've grown to believe that we've already received the best gift we could ever ask for. God sent his Son, whose birthday we celebrate on Christmas Day, to bring hope into the world. I know that hope still exists today, especially when I see the excitement on my niece's and nephew's faces on Christmas morning.

That's it. Is it too short? Too preachy? Not preachy enough? Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanx!
goofy

Anne >^,,^<

"I only know how to make four things, and this is the only one without chocolate." Lois Lane "All My I've Got a Crush on You 10/24/1993
Columnist
Columnist
I think it's cute, Anne. thumbsup It simple and to the point with a very sweet message. As far as length, you'll have to determine that; it kinda depends on what else is going on, the context, etc. smile

~Anna

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard