Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
OK, Yvonne, the term "Damaged" is going to apply to all the fanfic FOLCs that read this story!

Clark's behavior puzzles me. Why is he being so distant? I know he has self-esteem issues, but why can't he just tell her that his Kryptonite addiction started as a way of numbing the pain over loving her?

I take it that at *some* point in this angsty saga, that fact will come out???

Yeah, George is going to be Lois' therapist. Perhaps he'll spill the beans? (Doubt it!)

If only Clark had said "I was trying to kill the pain of loss, there was a woman I was in love with and she had to leave and I never got over her", then Lois would have understood his womanizing better.

And he did have a fairly decent relationship with Mayson. He wasn't really using her.

Oh well.

You'll cover all of this in good time.

Two TGIF's are coming for Friday....Your story and CC's <arghghghg>

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Oooooh! Another great part!! clap clap This is gonna be very interesting... wink

Looking forward to Friday,
AnnaBtG. wildguy wildguy

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Doesn't take Clark long to be a lunkhead, does it? I know we have to infer what's going on in that thick head of his, but I'm betting he's feeling pretty humiliated. The woman he loves thinks he's the next best thing to a sexual predator. She can barely stand to be in the same room with him, and her therapist is kicking him out. Overall, a pretty crappy day.

Lois is going to have a tough time straightening him out, especially since she's got so much to get straight in her own head.

And yay, we get to see George again! goofy

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I really like the way you write. I like the way you get into their heads with the therapists' questions.

I really liked this turn of events, how is casually admitting his past brought her into a state of horror at who he really was, making her relive her past torment.

that was really well done, and quite believeable since she'd just woken up from a nightmare of her past. I like the way you've been giving us tidbits of her past and not explaining the whole thing right away.

I also like the way she protected him, unlike she would have done to any of her captors.

Clark is Clark, always the addict who thinks in screwed up ways. I wonder if he wants a hit now. He must really be at rock bottom. He's finally found her but she was terrified of him. I'm glad he thought to talk to her telepathically. that was good. that was familiar to her.

It's all playing out in a very logical way. I can see wehre it is probably leading, but you really threw my logic for a leap when she freaked out, so no telling what's up your sleeve.

You're an incredible writer. I've been reading everything of yours on lcfanfic this week. You know, I think my addiction of LC is really unhealthy. I turn to it when the house is messy, when life gets difficult...humm. but i'm not going to deal with this now, not for a few more years till i've handled things!! grin.

can't wait till the next post.

It's always such an embarrassment. Having to do away with someone. It's like announcing to the world that you lack the savvy and the finesse to deal with the problem more creatively. I mean, there have been times, naturally, when I've had to have people eliminated, but it's always saddened me. I've always felt like I've let myself down somehow.
Top Banana
Top Banana
First off, apologies for not replying to your comments on Part 4. Blame it on the shock of returning to work after 2 weeks' wonderful holiday.

Okay, first up is Chris. (I answered you over on the nfic side, but for the benefit for readers over here, I'll repeat it here smile You've suggested two tactics for Clark: one, tell Lois that his addiction to red kryptonite was his way of numbing the pain of unrequited love for her. Two: tell Lois his womanising is the result of a painful breakup.

Well, part of me is tempted not to explain Clark at all, because then you know exactly how Lois feels <g>. The other part of me wants to defend the story and answer your questions, and that's the part which seems to be winning right now.

Clark still feels enormous guilt for his womanising. He thinks it's indefensible and he hates himself for acting like that. In that state of mind, he's not in a position to offer explanations to Lois. He's stuck in apology mode - crumbs, he even went along with her suggestion that he ought to apologise to all his past lovers!

He also doesn't think Lois is ready to hear, yet, that he loves her. She's only just begun to emerge from her silent shell, and he knows how fragile she still is - he's seen how fragile she still is. He doesn't want to scare her away from him or put any pressure on her.

His relationship with Mayson, which you also mention, doesn't really affect his thinking her, which is all to do with his guilt over those women he slept with.

Hope that makes sense, Chris!

Pam, you got it right - he's humiliated. As well as feeling guilty. smile

Anna, thank you. smile

Tipiwoman, thanks! You have the BR mafia (Lynn, mostly) to thank for making Lois into such a wreck in this and the previous part, actually <g>. I had her recovering more quickly from her freak-out, but I was told this way was better. I think I got good advice. smile smile

Yvonne

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Another powerful instalment.

You have both of your main characters literally drowning themselves in guilt, self doubt, and self loathing.

Clark, because of his succumbing to the addiction in the first place still considers himself a failure and can't forgive himself, or give himself credit for any successes in overcoming his 'problem'. After all, he should have been strong enough to not have been addicted in the first place. Therefore his feeling of self loathing for what he'd done 'under the influence' is strong and he's not willing to forgive himself so how could he expect anyone else to either. Very logical, but sad, and is helped along by a healthy dose of lunkheadedness.

Lois is a more intersting dicotomy because she 'rationally' is aware of fears and weaknesses, but feels powerless to do much about it. She's both attracted and repelled by Clark. She has seen the compassionate and tender side of him. The man who helps strange helpless women, and the world, yet is confused by what he's told her about himself. That he's also the kind of man who preys on women, or, at least, takes advantage of them. And in her current state she's not strong enough to deal with that. She knows that 'the old Lois' would be able to deal with that, but she can't...yet. Or, maybe not ever.

Too bad. They would have made such a nice couple.

Tank (who wonders who is going to break first... Lois, Clark, or the gentle readers)

Merriwether
Merriwether
It's amazing how well you are able to sustain the level of intensity, Yvonne! thumbsup And I'm looking forward to seeing George again. But . . . isn't he in danger of severe conflict-of-interest? huh Generally, I thought, therapists won't treat (except in couple's counseling or family counseling) two people who know each other well.

Should be interesting to see how Lois' session with George plays out, anyway. smile

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard