Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#136727 09/08/13 09:46 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Perry, Jimmy, Cat, Martha & Jonathan, Inspector Henderson, or Dr. Klein. One of these people is actually a mole for Lex Luthor, Intergang, Bureau 39, Nor, or head of an evil organization of their own making. They are working against Lois and Clark, and especially against Superman.

1. One of the above mentioned people isn't who we thought they were (in the case of Martha & Jonathan, it must be both of them).

2. Lois and Clark/Superman do not know.

3. Again, looking for spooky thriller, but will take dark comedy.

4. Must be set before the close of S4.

As with all Challenges within my 2013 Monthly Challenge Challenge , I'm giving you ample warning to get your story written and posted by October 31. Although, late stories are always accepted. laugh

Please remember to send a copy of your story to LabRat at the Archives once you're done posting it here. Our goal is to have ALL Completed stories posted on this boards submitted to the Archives before next year's Kerths!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#136728 09/09/13 05:05 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
What comes to mind the fastest is Fly Hard when they first seem to think Jimmy is the man behind the terrorist activity. So I think there is a way to write the story so Jimmy really is the organizer of the break-in. Maybe Bill Robertson was his grandfather, and he got a note sent to him from prison when his grandfather died.

John Pack Lambert
#136729 09/09/13 06:51 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
What comes to mind the fastest is Fly Hard when they first seem to think Jimmy is the man behind the terrorist activity. So I think there is a way to write the story so Jimmy really is the organizer of the break-in. Maybe Bill Robertson was his grandfather, and he got a note sent to him from prison when his grandfather died.
Perhaps grand-uncle, because I got the feeling the way that Bill Robertson was with Lilly, he was still single... Not that that means anything on whether or not he had children, but he did call her his one great love. Then again, he spent the next 50+ years in jail. Not much opportunity to procreate. LOL.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#136730 09/09/13 08:19 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Hmm... Well, I think I've got one GIANT solution to just about all of the challenges for the month of October, including the Bizarro ones (except for babyfic)... Can I just throw one giant blanket over it all and say it's covered the October Challenges? laugh

/must get just a little bit farther on my anti-verse/

shock I've only got 3 weeks!! Better finish writing!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#136731 09/18/13 10:13 PM
Kerth
Kerth
One possibility for this challenge is that a character is a long-term sleeper agent for e.g. the Russians - I'm thinking in particular of the NCIS Los Angeles story arc in their last season, where there were several Russian nuclear weapons hidden in strategic locations in the USA, which had been there since the Cold War and were still guarded by elderly agents who could detonate them if there was ever a war.

So the older characters in the show? Perry, of course, there can't be a more strategic location than the Daily Planet building. Jonathan and Martha, maybe there's an important military installation near Smallville - though you'd think they'd want Clark to work for Russia, not "The American Way". Lois's parents, of course, the stress of looking after the nuke might be the reason they had so many problems. Or maybe Prof. Hamilton who is gathering information on Superman for his masters.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#136732 09/19/13 04:52 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Marcus Rowland:
One possibility for this challenge is that a character is a long-term sleeper agent for e.g. the Russians - I'm thinking in particular of the NCIS Los Angeles story arc in their last season, where there were several Russian nuclear weapons hidden in strategic locations in the USA, which had been there since the Cold War and were still guarded by elderly agents who could detonate them if there was ever a war.

So the older characters in the show? Perry, of course, there can't be a more strategic location than the Daily Planet building. Jonathan and Martha, maybe there's an important military installation near Smallville - though you'd think they'd want Clark to work for Russia, not "The American Way". Lois's parents, of course, the stress of looking after the nuke might be the reason they had so many problems. Or maybe Prof. Hamilton who is gathering information on Superman for his masters.
No, I think you could work it. What if it were Wayne Irig? And that's the real reason he was paranoid and why Trask went to Smallville, the Kryptonite was just a diversion. Or Perhaps the Kents ARE in on it, which is why Jonathan encouraged Clark to leave with the New Kryptonians? There are several ways it would work. Don't forget, it was Jonathan who exposed Clark to the Kryptonite the first time. Didn't Jonathan say that he was in Korea? Maybe he was brainwashed ala 'Manchurian Candidate' (the old version with Sinatra) and didn't know what he was doing, or didn't tell Martha.

VirginiaR.
---
#136733 09/19/13 07:37 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
How about Ralph? No one would suspect anyone as obnoxious and seemingly incompetent as Ralph to be a sleeper agent. He has a perfect cover.

Joy,
Lynn

#136734 09/19/13 09:30 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:
How about Ralph? No one would suspect anyone as obnoxious and seemingly incompetent as Ralph to be a sleeper agent. He has a perfect cover.

Joy,
Lynn
Nice one. He'd certainly be the last person you'd suspect for anything subtle!

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#136735 09/28/13 12:09 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Isn't there one alt-verse story on the archive where Jimmy Olsen - who, obviously, is the boss of the Daily Planet - is a criminal mastermind and some kind of boss character (like Luthor in the regular universe)?

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#136736 09/28/13 09:19 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by Lara Joelle Kent:
Isn't there one alt-verse story on the archive where Jimmy Olsen - who, obviously, is the boss of the Daily Planet - is a criminal mastermind and some kind of boss character (like Luthor in the regular universe)?
I believe that was:
The Late, Great Lois Lane by CC Aiken (Archive link)

EBook Link

"It's the mythology of a sun god who wished he was a man because he saw something so great in us.
It's the story of a hero who could move whole worlds and see through stars and hear a whisper on the other side of the planet...
...and who fell in love with a storyteller." - ashmaht (x)
#136737 09/30/13 06:05 AM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Originally posted by John Lambert:
[b] What comes to mind the fastest is Fly Hard when they first seem to think Jimmy is the man behind the terrorist activity. So I think there is a way to write the story so Jimmy really is the organizer of the break-in. Maybe Bill Robertson was his grandfather, and he got a note sent to him from prison when his grandfather died.
Perhaps grand-uncle, because I got the feeling the way that Bill Robertson was with Lilly, he was still single... Not that that means anything on whether or not he had children, but he did call her his one great love. Then again, he spent the next 50+ years in jail. Not much opportunity to procreate. LOL. [/b]
But maybe Lilly was pregnant with Bill's child when she collaborated with Pino to send him away. Maybe Lilly really did love Billy, but was coerced into collaborating with Pino. Then she orchestrated bringing Dragonetti down, and was going to break Billy out of prison, but was too far along from the pregnancy to do it, and then died in child birth. Although, I think it would probably be that Bill was Jimmy's great-grandfather.

John Pack Lambert
#136738 10/06/13 09:13 AM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I know this is a challenge for new stories, but I'm not writing much these days - the little one always wants to use my computer and/or pen when I try. Here's a shameless self-plug for It\'s About Time . Alt-Clark crossover with Doctor Who post Doomsday.

B

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard