Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#1383 05/13/03 03:01 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wonderful... Can't think coherently yet, am too busy melting into a puddle of waffy goo.

I really enjoyed the style of the story too, the way it was told entirely from POV and we got to see *both* sides. smile1

Loved the ending too, that just finished me completely - there is now a big puddle-of-goo stain in the computing lab! laugh

Loriel

"Inappropriate attachment" didn't begin to cover the depth of the feelings Vaughn had for Sydney Bristow.
~Ties That Bind by RJ Anderson~

I ramble at http://www.livejournal.com/~loriel_eris
#1384 05/13/03 07:14 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
This was a wonderful read! I loved both perspectives, I loved the self-doubt, the internal monologues, the sweetness and I just adored the happy ending. Thank you!!!!

#1385 05/13/03 07:25 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I adored it! From first line to finish. smile It was so bittersweet at first, when they both wished for more but wouldn't take that final step. I wanted to hug my poor boy (okay, no comment on me *always* wanting to do that :p ) when he kicked himself for standing outside Lois's apartment and itching to go back and grab her and kiss her senseless.

And then they met on the steps, both driven by the same need. Sniffle. There was a moment when I literally felt that time stopped: when Lois took his hand and reached up to kiss him for the first time. It was very sensual without hinting at anything more than tentative: very romantic. smile

And the revelation was just perfect, too!

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
#1386 05/13/03 07:41 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
What can I say that hasn't already been said!?

*waffy sigh*

Annette wink

www.kerthawards.com
www.lcficmbs.com
www.folcvideo.com
www.nfanfic.net
www.annesplace.net

"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America." Bill Clinton, inaugural address, January 21, 1993
#1387 05/13/03 09:58 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
OMG! smile1 smile1

Everyone has said what makes this story special. I was thinking when I started the story that not many are written in first person and it must be harder to do. You did it beautifully!

This story is about the most difficult part of any relationship, being vulnerable. I admired Lois when she acknowledged that, after slapping Clark down twice, she needed to make the first move.

I enfold her in my arms, and she lays her head against my shoulder. “And you caught me,” I tell her. “And I caught you - and I’m not going to let you go.”
Sighhh!

I've loved this song since it first came out on Days of Our Lives, but it fits Lois and Clark even better. clap

Thank you, Wendy, for writing this with great pictures. Lois and Clark will always be the best Friends and Lovers!

#1388 05/13/03 10:42 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Late again, but...ohhhhhhhh, Wendy, this was beautiful. Bittersweet (thanks, H! <g>), poignant, waffy and the first person narrative throughout was perfect, as others have already noted.

Absolutely superb!

LabRat smile (sighing happily as she wafts off in a haze of smoochies...)

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#1389 05/13/03 10:43 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hey Wendy smile

I don't really have anything else to add. I have a soft spot for first-person pov, and I loved the way you wrote this one. Thanks so much for sharing this with us!

Enjoyed every word smile

Tracey smile

#1390 05/14/03 05:13 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Wendy, I read this very soon after you posted, but I just haven't had a chance before now to get back to comment on it.

And so now I pretty much have to say ditto to what everyone else (except Tank) has said. I think the first person POV back and forth worked really well, with each of them sharing the same fears and doubts and concerns and you just wanted to call out to both of them "just do it!". In fact, I know I said that to each of them at least once while reading the story - and Lois listened! I love that Lois recognized that she was the one who needed to make the move, and that she followed through.

And the emotions of the moment - when they did finally kiss - were just beautiful. Everything that had built up to this was worth it.

And such a lovely revelation! As a writer, Clark obviously remembered learning "show, don't tell" - much more effective than words in this case. smile I'm so glad Lois didn't get mad.

Such a tremendously waffy story, Wendy. Thanks so much for sharing it with us.

KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
#1391 05/14/03 11:18 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
This was so sweet and waffy, Wendy, I tremendously enjoyed it. The pictures really helped too... cool

I can't say much more then what has been said by others. Just wonderfull, really. SO bring us more of your stories!

Saskia (eagerly awaiting more WLMC wink )

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
#1392 05/15/03 01:55 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Sorry for being so late to comment.

GREAT STORY!!

What more can I say??

I liked the way Lois and Clark were thinking... it made me laugh several times. And yet, it was very realistic - does anybody doubt it??

A friendly advice:
Don't listen to any diabetics! It's true that romantic stuff sometimes gets just too boring or even disgusting, but this was just as sweet as it can be, and yet not boring or disgusting at all!

Great work!

CONGRATULATIONS!

Anna_B.

P.S.:
Vicki (who has a birthday coming up in June, so start planning now... laugh )
Ha, ha, my birthday's on Saturday!! laugh laugh

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#1393 05/15/03 02:52 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This was just great, as usual Wendy. I loved the revelation. I don't usually take to POV fiction, but you did it well and had very nice transitions.
smile1
O.K., the discussion on the list got me to get my butt in gear here.
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#1394 05/17/03 09:52 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi everyone. smile

I don't know what to say. I'm speechless! blush

Trenna, I am delighted that you enjoyed the story. If it even gave you a fraction of the pleasure that your music videos continue to give to all of us, then I'm very happy. You are a terrific FoLC! smile1

Just a fly-by! *waves*
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Wonderful WAFF. Thanks. I'm hoping someday to write half as clearly and detailed as you do. thumbsup

Shallowford
Top Banana
Top Banana
I just seem to be following you around here. First the Nan story I had never read and now a Wendy story that I read so long ago that I had almost forgotten about. Keep it up Shallowford! I loved the older stories before dark became the norm.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Yeah. I've deliberately been cruising through the older pages during lunch lately. I realized that there were a lot of stories that weren't on the archive and almost seven years of the Fanfic TOC isn't searchable.

I've debated putting a link to the TOC page when posting on older stories so that would be searchable and anyone interested could follow the new link. Does that make sense, or would it be annoying, particularly for stories on the Archive?

Shallowford
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'd like to see links to the TOCs of these older stories when readers give FDK. I see the FDK and wonder where the story is.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Shallowford
Yeah. I've deliberately been cruising through the older pages during lunch lately. I realized that there were a lot of stories that weren't on the archive and almost seven years of the Fanfic TOC isn't searchable.

There are a large number of stories here that never were archived (the author had to compile them and send them to LabRat). The two you mentioned recently were in the archive. I actually also find a large number of old stories in the archive but the original postings in the boards (if there ever were any) are not available due to board upgrades losing stories, posting to other sites that have been taken down, etc. I always wonder what the FDK was like for some of the older stories (1998-2002 era).

Thanks for pulling these up and getting me back where I started (the archives).

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard