Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#136249 05/03/13 01:30 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
eek Who? What? When? Where? How? and WHY? Bust out your bad guys! Somebody is doing something in Metropolis (or the world), and Lois and Clark need to investigate (with possibly a little help from the Man in Blue). eek

Sure, you can further Lois and Clark's relationship, but the focus of this challenge is the investigation and catching (hopefully) the bad guys.

As I find this type of story the hardest to write, I'm posting this reminder (nudge) to get the story ideas germinating in your grey cells in time for June. Feel free to post your stories at any time.

Please remember to send your completed and posted stories onto Labby at the Archives . My goal is to overflow her inbox by August 1. hyper

If you're looking for an idea to get the ball rolling, try my "Member of the Jury" Challenge.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#136250 05/31/13 06:09 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
This is just a reminder that A-Plot June starts tomorrow.

Although, I'm sure he didn't write this for my challenge, Terry's multi-part When Death Comes Knocking, Punch Him in the Mouth seems to fit this bill, so I'm going to give it some extra advertising here. wink What if Loose Cannon Lane thinks she only has limited time left? What would she do to make sure she goes out with a bang? angel-devil

EDIT: As of June 5th, this story is still a work in progress (WIP), currently scheduled to be 9 parts in total.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#136251 06/04/13 09:23 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Here's a thought for you... does it have to be Lois and Clark centric? Or could we focus on side characters and still bring them in for a little side action? Just wondering... something I have may or may not work...

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#136252 06/05/13 05:48 AM
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
This is just a reminder that A-Plot June starts tomorrow.

Although, I'm sure he didn't write this for my challenge, Terry's multi-part When Death Comes Knocking, Punch Him in the Mouth seems to fit this bill, so I'm going to give it some extra advertising here.
Virginia,

Didn't realize it was unfinished...I'm reading Terry's story as he's posting it now. Unfortunately, my brain goes haywire when I can't finish a story, so I think it's fair to nominate your post as an entry for the May Evil challenge.
cat

Shallowford
#136253 06/05/13 09:28 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Shallowford:
Didn't realize it was unfinished...I'm reading Terry's story as he's posting it now. Unfortunately, my brain goes haywire when I can't finish a story, so I think it's fair to nominate your post as an entry for the May Evil challenge.
Sorry, Shallowford, I meant to include a WIP disclaimer with that description but it must slipped my mind by the final edit. My apologies. I'll go edit my earlier post to include it. blush

Mouserocks wrote:
Here's a thought for you... does it have to be Lois and Clark centric? Or could we focus on side characters and still bring them in for a little side action? Just wondering... something I have may or may not work...
I don't see why not, Mouse. Morgana did that with her With Friends Like These story. While there was some LnC romance, it wasn't the focal point of the story.

VirginiaR.
---
#136254 06/17/13 12:17 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Virginia,

Okay, I'm workning on a story and I hope to at least start posting it by the end of the month. thumbsup

The blurb would be:

Have you ever heard a frustrated parent say to a difficult child, 'Just wait, someday you’ll have children and I hope they do to you what you have been doing to me?' Well, Lois is now editor of the Daily Planet and Hattie Kaplin is on the city desk. Enough said. rotflol

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
#136255 06/17/13 12:49 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by KenJ:
<strong> Virginia,

Okay, I'm workning on a story and I hope to at least start posting it by the end of the month. thumbsup

The blurb would be:

Have you ever heard a frustrated parent say to a difficult child, 'Just wait, someday you’ll have children and I hope they do to you what you have been doing to me?' Well, Lois is now editor of the Daily Planet and Hattie Kaplin is on the city desk. Enough said. hyper Another Hattie story! Looking forward to it, Ken.

VirginiaR.
---
#136256 06/21/13 09:02 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, it looks like I'll be getting in, just under the wire. I will be posting part 1 on Friday, June 28. It looks like there will be 8 parts. hyper wildguy wildguy wildguy

kj
#136257 06/22/13 06:05 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Is this Lois as co-editor with Clark, or am I remembering the background details wrong?

John Pack Lambert
#136258 06/25/13 05:05 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
John,

Your memory is very much intact. Yes, they are co-editors.

kj
#136259 06/25/13 09:10 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by KenJ:
Yes, they ate co-editors.
Ah, the zombie version...

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#136260 06/27/13 08:39 AM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Thanks for the mention VirginiaR! smile1

By all means throw in characters that are not usually written about. Mr. Gadget. Mindy Church. The Smart kids. The Invisible Man and his wife.

The list goes on... thumbsup

Sometimes having our favorite couple in the story adds spice and romance in the oddest places. One of the best ficlets I ever read, Lois and Clark were stuck in a closet kissing. It could have been a fabulous lead-in to a great story. Pity it was never finished.

In any case, give it a whirl. I myself am working a such a ficlet. wave

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#136261 07/07/13 05:06 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, three parts are up. There will be nine parts plus an epilogue altogether.

The TOC link is here

kj

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard