Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#135618 10/06/12 03:28 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
With the current obsession with Teen Moms (don't ask me why anyone would want to glorify this, I don't know), I was wondering why the Teen Dads are getting the short stick.

What if Clark and Lana hooked up and had a child together? Clark would want to do the right thing, but what if Lana wanted to live her life sans child, and ran off leaving Clark with the baby to raise? (Or we could just have Lana dying in childbirth?)

I would expect Martha and Jonathan would insist on Clark raising his own child (and not leaving the child for them to raise while he went off and lived his own life).

I'm thinking a Gilmore Girls meets Smallville type story, except it's more like the Smallville Guys. Fifteen years (or so) have passed. Clark's a young single Dad with a super teenager on his hands trying to raise his son in Metropolis (?) and still make it in the world (as a reporter?)

Would this combo be super cute, or send Lois running for the hills? (Or both)

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#135619 10/06/12 03:50 PM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I can't see Lois easily handling a teenage child "in the way."

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
#135620 10/06/12 08:40 PM
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Virginia,

You have to read Coming of Age, by Stopquitdont (on the Archive): it's the story of Clark as a single teen dad in Smallville (but the mother is Lois).

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
#135621 10/06/12 08:42 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Sydney:
Virginia,

You have to read Coming of Age, by Stopquitdont (on the Archive): it's the story of Clark as a single teen dad in Smallville (but the mother is Lois).

wave
Thanks, Sydney. I haven't read that one yet. I'll check it out.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#135622 10/06/12 11:10 PM
Kerth
Kerth
I was just going to suggest that story. There's also something by CarolM. On the Other Hand , where Lois and Clark get married with children during their first year(s) of college.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#135623 10/07/12 04:49 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
In Shayne Terry's "Duet" , Clark has a son by Lana (who is deceased). However he wasn't a teen dad. But L&C do have to deal with the issues raised by the presence of a child.

#135624 10/08/12 01:47 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Then there is "Second Choice" where Clark gets married to Lois just after he graduates from high school (like the same day, or the next day), but he is not the father of her child, although other people do think it is a shotgun wedding. It is also in a universe where M&J died when Clark was 10.

John Pack Lambert
#135625 10/10/12 08:33 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
In Above Alt-Else Clark is the single father of a boy (a 'gift' from Lana). Not a teenager, but it's a very good story.

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#135626 10/11/12 04:44 PM
Blogger
Blogger
I've actually began work on two stories with Clark being a single dad.

Story one: Clark had a relationship with Lana six years before the pilot. Lana dies due to complications of childbirth after giving birth to identical twin girls.

When Clark moves to Metropolis, the girls stay in Smallville with their Grandparents, since Clark had moved them many times during his travels; and Martha and Jonathan thought it would be good for the twins to be in one place for a while and make sure Clark intends to stay at the Daily planet.

The story pretty much follows the plot line of the show with tha addition of the two girls.

In the second story: At a young age (10-14) Clark's differences were discovered and he was taken away from the Kents to be studied. His children were created using Clark's DNA. The results of that experiment is one boy and two girls.

Clark submitted to the testing on his body for years, until the kids became the subject of the experiments. Using his strength, Clark demolishes the lab; takes his kids and flees. Blending into normal scoiety as best as they can, Clark tries to create a life for his kids; and eventually makes a home in Metropolis and the Daily Planet.

Lois is initally curious about her new partner and eventually learns about his early life. Thinking it might be Pulitzar material, Lois decides to investigate the agency responsible for Clark and the childrens' captivity. and in true Lois fashion gets in over her head and needs Clark to help her out.

Unfortunately, this is about as far as I got with these plot lines so if anyone is interested in adopting them let me know.

Jenna: "That's enough! You release the Charactors from this tragedy right now, you little gnome. Or I promise to send you somewhere far worse than the fifth dimension!"

Kazbo sarcastically: "You have me so scared!" menacing: "try dealing with this!" throws in a slow, agonising death. then disappears.
-from an arguement with Kazbo, the evil muse
#135627 10/12/12 01:46 AM
Kerth
Kerth
The first sounds good, but I really, really want to read the second one, it sounds epic!

I also remembered a series where Clark raises the daughter of a deceased (female) friend as his own, even though she isn't.
Saving Efforts (Prequel)
Stony Ways (Main story)
Santa Conspiracy (Little Sequel)

I know there is at least one more on the boards, but I can't find it on the archive. One of the titles was "Serendipitous Infinity"...

*searching*

Here is the TOC for the whole series, only I don't know how this ties in with the stories posted on the archive. frown

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#135628 11/14/12 04:25 PM
Blogger
Blogger
I decided to post what I have of the second story. Feedback might help get the muses going again and I will actually get it finished.

Long and Winding Road

Jenna: "That's enough! You release the Charactors from this tragedy right now, you little gnome. Or I promise to send you somewhere far worse than the fifth dimension!"

Kazbo sarcastically: "You have me so scared!" menacing: "try dealing with this!" throws in a slow, agonising death. then disappears.
-from an arguement with Kazbo, the evil muse

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard