Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#134680 11/03/11 10:23 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It's the beginning of November and so time to start working on those holiday stories. This advanced notice gives you a good 6 weeks to work on the story and get it Beta'd and posted for the rest of us to read it before Dec. 25th.

I noticed recently that in S1 we went from MoSB - -- snowing in November -- to PML, which although originally aired in Nov. '93, always felt like a Valentine episode to me. What happened in between Superman almost being chased out of Metropolis by the heat wave and pheromones out of control at the Daily Planet? Maybe something else that nudged Lois towards being attracted to Clark in PML? wink

A missing episode type story would be great! Bonus if you can explain why Lois Lane would agree to a date with someone whose nuclear power plant almost rid Metropolis of its hero.

PROS:
1) Mistletoe
2) Lois Lane's usual holiday traditions (she doesn't like Christmas, so what are Lois's holiday traditions?)
3) Something romantic (does it need saying? And please, NOT with Lex)

CONS:
1) Fruitcake (unless Martha baked it)
2) Revelation that CK=S
3) Grinches or Scrooges or time traveling ghosts

Have fun!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Unrelated note: Lois still has Christmas decorations (i.e. her typical tiny Christmas tree, as explained in Season's Greedings) in Witness.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
Unrelated note: Lois still has Christmas decorations (i.e. her typical tiny Christmas tree, as explained in Season's Greedings) in Witness.
:rolleyes: Oh, Lois, too busy hiding at Clark's to take down your Christmas decorations all those months later. wink

PS: According to my DVD Witness aired 1/9/94 - after Christmas, anyway (1=Jan). laugh The closest airdate to Christmas would have been HiM on 12/12/93.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Merriwether
Merriwether
Far be it from me to stop a Christmas story idea -- gotta love them! -- but just to clear up the confusion, Witness really does take place around Christmas time. (Despite the bizarro "golf range in shirt sleeves" teaser scene.)

It was originally scheduled to air before HiM & ASU in mid-December (Ep #11), as indicated by the Christmas trees and decorations in the episode. But they had some production problems putting it together and had to air the episodes out of order while they re-editted some scenes. (You'll also notice if you look at the length of the episodes, that even with the edits, Witness is about 90 seconds shorter than their typical episodes. As I recall, when they aired it, they inserted this odd "Look what happens on tonight's episode of Lois and Clark!" recap on the beginning, though that isn't there on the DVD.)

Of course, since it's not a true Christmas episode, like we got in the next three seasons, there is always room for that missing story. But I can't let anyone just dismiss Witness as an ep ... I have too much love for it. And hey, if that whole scene with Lois clinging to Clark as he rocks her on the floor isn't a Christmas present to the fans, I don't know what is. <g>

(Oh, and on a similar note, Virtually Destroyed was originally supposed to air before Super Mann ... which gives the whole "floor buffing" scene in SM -- which was written to take place *after* L&C decide to wait -- a whole new meaning. sloppy lol )

Kathy

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Kathy - you've made me want to re-watch those two episodes! Thanks for the info.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I don't know if it's in responce to my Challenge, but Sue S. just wrote a terrific S1 Christmas vignette called All I Want (for Christmas) . Please go check it out!

VirginiaR.
---
Kerth
Kerth
Virginia! Here's my confession. I did read your request somewhere around the middle of November but I've been working on another story for ages now and I didn't think I'd be able to muster the brain cells to devote to something else.

This morning while I was getting ready for work my local news had a story about the history of mistletoe and it got me thinking. As I came to work I half-sketched out a story with Clark spouting off facts about mistletoe. By the afternoon when I could actually do some writing that wasn't what the muse gave me. Maybe, somewhere at the back of my mind, I still retained your story request because - DANG! I hit every plot point you listed like I had the page open in front of me. Apparently your muse and mine share an agent. wink

ETA: I've never been able to explain why Lois would date Lex, let alone agree to marry him. But then, the show did so many other things to irritate me in the 3rd and 4th seasons that it's almost refreshing to allow a little lapse in Lois' oft-times questionable judgment. At least she didn't get an entire personality transplant in the process, like other seasons I can (and just did) mention.

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Sue S.:
Virginia! DANG! I hit every plot point you listed like I had the page open in front of me. Apparently your muse and mine share an agent. wink
At the time I wrote the challenge I was borrowing Lynn S.M.'s Muse from With Apologies to Female Hawk (whom I've nick-named IVY) and I've been wondering if she's been bouncing around the boards and into other people's stories since I finished writing my last one. She's a bit silly, so maybe she visited your muse and whispered in his/her ear. wink

So, everyone be warned of an attack of the roaming muse out on the boards. I keep hoping she'll bounce back to Lynn but they did have that awful fight where... well, let's just say charges were brought. laugh

ETA: I've never been able to explain why Lois would date Lex, let alone agree to marry him.
Total agreement with you there (it was the "challenge" part of the challenge). My explanation in my Christmas story (coming soon) is on the weak side, if I may say so myself. Lois had the tendancy to be blind where men were concerned.

VirginiaR.
---
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
At the time I wrote the challenge I was borrowing Lynn S.M.'s Muse from With Apologies to Female Hawk
Cool! Does that make me a sort of great-godmother to Sue's story?

I keep hoping she'll bounce back to Lynn
Thanks. Me too. Her substitute has been doing reasonable work, but she is of a more serious bent. She and I are currently working on a prequel for echolalia.

but they did have that awful fight where... well, let's just say charges were brought. laugh
Hey, I was provoked! IVY may do good work (please don't tell her I said that), but she has an attitude the size of (pre-exploded) Krypton. wink

Lois had the tendancy to be blind where men were concerned.
Hmm... Paul, Claude, Lex, Patrick (from WIEaK), even Clark/Superman. Ya think? Another, similar, common thread is that she goes for people who are not even remotely who they purport to be. (All right, Clark/Superman share the same ethics and good nature, but Clark deceptively, albeit with good reason, presents himself as a native-born, gravitationally-bound Terran.)

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
And while I doubt my story can rival Sue S.'s in the romance department (I dare you to try!), here is my humorous contrabution to this challenge:

Jolly St. Clark

Enjoy.

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard