Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#13448 06/22/04 09:18 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hmm... what to say, what to say? Why not stick to the basics, I say.

NEXT!!!!!!!!!

PJ
who's curious what titles you'll keep coming up with goofy

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#13449 06/22/04 09:28 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hope nobody finds these letters cause they're telling secrets all over the place.

Dang! So is Clark waiting for her or is it Splat?

TEEEEEEJ

#13450 06/22/04 09:44 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great piece. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#13451 06/22/04 10:07 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
TJ!!!! This is... this is... a very interesting idea!
there'll be a TE too, Wendy? wink

Simona smile
(who thinks this is a very good premise: a devilish villain finds very compromising letters written by Lois and Clark... it'd be able to become a dramatic Wendy-stile story! I had never read something about it on the fanfic archive)

#13452 06/22/04 10:12 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Kaethel and Wendy, thank you!!! smile1

Methos: "I'm easily amused."

(Indiscretions - Highlander: The Series)
#13453 06/22/04 10:17 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HeeHee Simona, actually a subject like that(Clark's secret getting typed out) was covered in "Getting to Know You" Series and that was ALLLLLLL EMAIL!!!! eeeeerrrrk!!!

TEEEEEJ
<who's still wondering if Lois is going SPLAT!>

#13454 06/22/04 10:38 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wonderful Kaethel!
I think I can feel the very talented author of "Surfacing memories" and "Point of no return"! (two favourite stories of mine)
Can I persuade you two to go for the happy ending in the next sequel? yes, I know I was speaking about TE, but perhaps for a delayed alternative ending?

Simona smile
(who knows that probably there are mistakes in grammar but who have no time to check right now)

#13455 06/22/04 11:12 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
*sniff* mecry So beautiful and excellent introspection! And she came to the right decision!! wildguy wildguy

Saskia smile

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
#13456 06/22/04 11:18 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great job Helene, now is it Wendy's job to respond the Lois's letter? This is great guys, I can't wait to see how Clark reacts to it. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#13457 06/22/04 11:20 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
For some reason, I'm thinking the next part will be really, really short. Lois goes to the window and finds Clark has stuck a post-it note: "Something exploded, had to go, back later" laugh

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#13458 06/22/04 11:25 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Lovely, girls!! laugh

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#13459 06/22/04 11:52 AM
J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
Wow, this is an excellent little series. thumbsup Very touching and I always like it, when they finally become honest with each other *sigh*

What's next? laugh

~Julia (impatiently waiting for sequel #3 cool )

#13460 06/22/04 01:05 PM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I see that Kae's new short do has given her the inspiration to join with Wendy and complete this little exercise in letter writing.

But Kae? Where is the haircut you demanded in the comments thread to the previous part? I'm pretty sure I would have noticed it if it had happened.

Anyway, nice job ladies.

Tank (who will now count on Kae, who has come to her folicle senses, to be a stout defender of the short-haired Lois)

#13461 06/23/04 07:02 AM
Kerth
Kerth
I love these series laugh

Jose smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#13462 06/23/04 07:07 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Both of you make a great writing squad. <g> Really have a way with words. Lois is clearly in a torn sort of state - mad, but in love, etc.

And the end is so... sweet!!!

Julie (who hopes the next one won't include a splat OR a thud)

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
#13463 06/23/04 09:59 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Evening, all! smile

Well, we're both really, really pleased with the reaction to this latest part of the Yesterday series. blush

When I BRd the first two letters for Wendy (and another one that will come in a few minutes), I was in awe at the way the emotion crackled off the page of course, and the Muse was suddenly too inspired so I butted in on poor Wendy's series. I'm very grateful to her for letting me co-author this one (and later ones); as always, writing together was loads of fun. smile So to clarify, we're not writing one letter each!! The series was started by Wendy, but a few stories (like this one) were written by the two of us together, like we've done countless times before. smile

Now, on to your comments. Some of you bring up an interesting point - what if a villain found those letters? It's true that they reveal pretty big secrets, and in a way you're right: they should probably destroy those at some point. But... just not now. wink Sometimes it's nice to give in to the temptation of leading a normal life, and that includes writing letters to the one you love.

Maria was obviously surprised with the end of this letter:

Wait. No Love Lois.
PS
I'm going to kill you when I'll put my hands on you?
LOL! Not sure that killing him with the first thing on her mind when she gets her hands on him. But who knows? razz

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
#13464 06/23/04 10:27 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy and Kaethel

Sorry I'm late here. smile I love this letter. goofy

Tricia cool

#13465 06/24/04 03:52 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh, I'm even later than Tricia, so I'm sorry. frown

Anyway, Wendy, glad to see you decided to keep going with this letter series, and Kaethel - this is an excellent installment! Glad you've joined the campaign <g>.

These are so wonderful. Love the honesty portrayed that can only be expressed in a letter - Lois and Clark saying things that they want to say but are so hard to communicate in face to face dialogue.

I can already picture the epilogue. Clark right after Lois's funeral or a future Kent offspring finding these faded love letters in a bundle in a trunk and reading through them.

Lovely!
Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
#13466 06/24/04 09:37 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Tricia and Lynn, thank you both for your comments! smile

And Tricia, Lois and Clark *talk*?!? What do you mean they're going to talk?!? wink

W and Kae smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
#13467 06/25/04 10:22 PM
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I can just see Lois sitting with wadded pieces of paper scattered all around her as she's trying to put her feelings down on paper, not a bad exercise for someone who finds putting her emotions down on paper easier than talking about them.

Of course by then, Clark could have rescued half the cats in the city before Lois gets around to opening that window. As I said in the last comment, though, Clark can't be there. If he's there, why would they need to write another letter? Better that Clark walks away bitterly disappointed with his cape dragging along behind him. Clark torture and angst. Sounds like a good combination. You could get Yvonne to co-write that part. wink

Clark should bring in Lois' abominable behavior during the BatP/HoL arc to make her feel less angry over it. She never gave him a good reason to tell him. After all, he never told any of his other best friends.

Anyway, I may have to pick up the last three letters later since it's bedtime. Looking forward to the next one. Nice Kae and Wendy! thumbsup

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard