Print Thread
#134128 03/19/10 04:10 PM
T
Tank Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
T
Lois Lane walked into the elegant ballroom in the equally elegant penthouse which was hosting tonight's White Orchid Ball. She was in awe of the beauty of the room. It was the event of the social season and everyone who was anyone would be there. Lois, of course, was interested in only one individual. She was a woman on a mission and she wouldn't be swayed from her purpose for being there, no matter how impressive the place was.

Lois tried to casually adjust her gown, which was pinching her butt just a tad too much. She moved into the center of the room and cast her gaze around her. Just then the sun, refusing to completely give in to the western horizon, shot one last ray through the huge windows which made up nearly the entire west wall. Everyone's gaze automatically followed the stubborn sunbeam as it spotlit the huge central staircase.

A man stepped into that spotlight. He was as impressive as was his home; and he was the objective of Lois' mission.

She stepped boldly into a clear space on the floor. "Clark Kent, why haven't you returned my phone calls?"

Any takers?

Tank (who just had this little thought pop into his head not more than five minutes ago)

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Hmmm... I'm almost certain I've seen it SOMEWHERE [but don't hold me to that].

I know I've seen it be others - I've used Bruce Wayne a time or two.

Clark Kent is definitely an interesting take on it =D.

Carol

S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
So Lex works for the DP and is a good guy?

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
Kerth
Kerth
I think there was a story like that already, although Lex proved to be a Claude-act-alike, so to speak. I'm not exactly sure, but it might have been LaraMoon's "Reversal of Fortune". Only there is no White Orchid Ball involved.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I like the Clark Kent take on it, although I hope he doesn't turn out to be like Lex Luthor!

Ann

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Originally posted by TOC:
I like the Clark Kent take on it, although I hope he doesn't turn out to be like Lex Luthor!
A Lex Luthor-type with Superman's powers is a truly horrific thought to contemplate...Let's hope that in that very alternate universe, there's plenty of kryptonite handy...

- Lynn

G
Blogger
Blogger
G
I'm new to writing, but this piqued my curiosity and I spent twenty or so minutes with a word processor and this is what came out. I don't know whether or not to pursue it, really.

Time slowed to a crawl. Lois fought against the knots in her stomach; if he didn't grant an interview after tonight, she'd get on his secretary's blacklist for sure. Maybe she already was; but that was the reason she was making this request in person. His jaw dropped, just barely enough that she was able to register the movement.

“Lois Lane, Daily Planet.”

His gaze traveled up her legs before jerking to her face. Ah, so he was willing to ogle, but he didn't like to get caught. She filed the information away: 'Interviews: Celebrities: Playboys'. Processing it reminded her to what end she was making herself vulnerable to this powerful man.

Heads turned in their direction as he responded in an undertone, “Miss Lane.” He offered his arm, which she took only to have him maneuver her out of the spotlight. She followed him graciously, tamping down the urge to keep him in the center of the room, away from the crowd, where he'd have no distractions from her. He stopped moving, and she looked up to see another man, suave and debonair, who greeted her with a charming smile.

“Have you met my associate, Mister Luthor, Miss Lane?”

“No. It's a pleasure.” She held out her right hand, but kept the left firmly affixed to Kent's arm. He wasn't getting away that easily.

Luthor took her hand to kiss it. “A pleasure, indeed. I can assure you, if you ever call on me, I will answer.” At Luthor's action, she felt the muscles in Kent's arm stiffen. Unexpectedly, a tingle ran up her arm at his reaction, rather than Luthor's intimate gesture. She smiled slightly to cover her surprise. 'Interviews: Celebrities: Jealosy.' That was better.

Kerth
Kerth
Don't stop there, Grace.

Keep going!

You've thrown so many plot ideas into the air and I'd really like to see how they fall.

Corrina.

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Yes, Grace, I'm with Corinna in that I would also like to see where you go with this - so you can gladly continue smile

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yes, please keep going on this.

Kerth
Kerth
I love your style! Please don't stop there!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes, you've thrown a bit of meat to the hungry wolves. Now you must continue or the wolf pack will devour you. wink

(Just kidding. But do write more, you've got a wonderful opener.)

G
Blogger
Blogger
G
Thanks, everyone, for the encouragement! My word processor and I are going to mull this over a bit, maybe a week. Where did Clark's money come from? What's the deal between Clark and Lex? And, with both Clark and Lex accounted for, who went as Lois' date? (I have tentative answers for all these, but the last is proving to be the trickiest to decide.)

Kerth
Kerth
Lois' date, in this particular setting, should be Jimmy. He is insignificant enough so she can just tell him to wait and do her thing with Clark.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
And don't forget, he's also perfect for taking over Clark's part from the show where he interrupted Lois and Luthor dancing laugh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
Kerth
Yep. Jimmy interruptus with a twist. laugh Only the floating part won't work for him. A pity, but it can't be helped.

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally posted by Grace Flannagan:
I'm new to writing, but this piqued my curiosity and I spent twenty or so minutes with a word processor and this is what came out. I don't know whether or not to pursue it, really.

Time slowed to a crawl. Lois fought against the knots in her stomach; if he didn't grant an interview after tonight, she'd get on his secretary's blacklist for sure. Maybe she already was; but that was the reason she was making this request in person. His jaw dropped, just barely enough that she was able to register the movement.

“Lois Lane, Daily Planet.”

His gaze traveled up her legs before jerking to her face. Ah, so he was willing to ogle, but he didn't like to get caught. She filed the information away: 'Interviews: Celebrities: Playboys'. Processing it reminded her to what end she was making herself vulnerable to this powerful man.

Heads turned in their direction as he responded in an undertone, “Miss Lane.” He offered his arm, which she took only to have him maneuver her out of the spotlight. She followed him graciously, tamping down the urge to keep him in the center of the room, away from the crowd, where he'd have no distractions from her. He stopped moving, and she looked up to see another man, suave and debonair, who greeted her with a charming smile.

“Have you met my associate, Mister Luthor, Miss Lane?”

“No. It's a pleasure.” She held out her right hand, but kept the left firmly affixed to Kent's arm. He wasn't getting away that easily.

Luthor took her hand to kiss it. “A pleasure, indeed. I can assure you, if you ever call on me, I will answer.” At Luthor's action, she felt the muscles in Kent's arm stiffen. Unexpectedly, a tingle ran up her arm at his reaction, rather than Luthor's intimate gesture. She smiled slightly to cover her surprise. 'Interviews: Celebrities: Jealosy.' That was better.
Grace, I really love this idea and would love to see what you do with it.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Top Banana
Top Banana
First off, you have to continue this, Grace! Your style is terrific.

Second, since we're playing havoc with canon to begin with, I think Lois's date should be Claude--although not necessarily the Claude we all know and loathe.

Happy

This *is* my happily ever after.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Or she could set this in alt-Universe where Lois knows that Clark Kent = Superman, which is why she wants the interview so badly. Sorry, I'm a sucker for alt-Clark. laugh Although, why he'd be in league with Lex L. huh

I notice this thread started last year. So, Grace, was this story ever written?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard