Note: This story is, and always has been, rated PG-13 as it deals with weighty issues that may not be appropriate for younger readers.
There is an nfic version on the nfic boards, which is about 2 pages longer than this version. Apologies for the short pg-fic posting, but this is all I had for now,and when I cut out the nfic parts, I ended up with a much shorter chapter.

Last time

“Well – for starters.” She felt her heartbeat increase in it’s rate at the very thought of kissing him – here in his bed, wearing so very little. Excitement and worry swirled together in a heady and dizzying combination. On the precipice again. I can’t get away from that… worry. That fear. It’s just – why does he sometimes look so much like Lord Kal? He doesn’t always… it’s all mixed up.

“Your wish…” he murmured, as he leaned in closer with a gleam of intent in his eyes, “is my command.” As he said those last words, he gave her another devastating kiss. His lips moved over hers slowly, deliberately, seductively, and she responded in kind, losing grip on that tiny thread of worry as his kisses made her forget everything but the sheer pleasure of touching him like that.

He wrapped loving arms around her, and pulled her close, and she felt like she never wanted to be anywhere else but right here, where she was, with him, like that.

I’m yours. I’ve always been yours. Never let me go.

And now…

As if he heard her, he tightened his arms around her, bringing her closer in against his body. His mouth ravaged hers, and she responded with equal ferocity. The room was filled with the silence of their passion as they kissed each other with an unfettered urgency that they were each powerless to control.

His lips suddenly left hers and began to move along her jaw and then back down her neck. He changed the angle of his body so that he was pushing her back onto the bed and she felt his weight against her as he single-mindedly sought out her pulse-point.

She opened glazed eyes to look at him, and she saw the dark shape of him looming over her. She felt burning sensual heat where his hands now gripped her waist. He seemed almost raw, wild and feral – leaning over her, pinning her back, learning her, claiming her, and all she felt was an equally wild passion. Fear was notably absent from the stormy emotions buffeting her senses. She knew- with bone-deep certainty that if she lost the thread of passion and needed him to stop… he would.

Desperately seeking to intensify the incredible sensations she was feeling, she tipped her head away from him, giving him better access to her throat. He made a sound that was a cross between a groan and a growl as his hands on her tightened imperceptibly.

Feels so good. Feels so good when he does that. Oh god. His touch. It burns.

He darted his tongue against her pulse point, and she made an answering sound of need.

He broke off his devastating attention to that one tiny spot on her neck and looked at her, surprised by her wild response, trying to resist the urge to crush him hard up against her as he took in her bright eyes, flushed face, and lips that looked like they had thoroughly been kissed.

She’s a temptress. I may just die tonight. What an incredible way to go.

“Lois,” he whispered, unable to say anything else at this time. His voice was very deep with passion as he gazed upon the woman he loved.

She gazed at him, hypnotized by the love and passion in his eyes. So beautiful. He’s so beautiful.. Instinctively, she reached out a hand to tentatively touch the muscles in his arms and chest.

So powerful. So gentle. Such a paradox. She felt her throat tighten as she realized how close she had come to missing him. And then – once they connected, she nearly lost him. She shuddered, and as she did so, she saw the raw desire in his eyes turn to concern.

“Are you okay?” His voice held urgent worry. “Is this too much for you?”

“I just… I – I almost lost you,” she whispered, unable to speak against the pain of the recollection. “After pushing you away for so long… I almost lost you. I almost lost this. Us. I wasted so much time,” she said, her voice tight with emotion.

“We’re together now,” he murmured gently. “That’s all that matters.”

“I should have recognized you,” she whispered. “My soulmate.”

“Oh, Lois…”

“You recognized me.”

“You would have recognized me if you hadn’t… gone through hell,” he countered gently.

Her hand traced up and down the side of his neck, and whispered across his shoulder. He closed his eyes against the wonderful feelings her touch was arousing.

“Oh, god,” he said in a voice that sounded like a growl. “It feels so good when you touch me.”

“It feels so good to touch you,” she said, her voice suddenly taking on a more sensual tone. Again, she moved her hand across the muscles of his chest, looking at him with a sense of wonder.

He drew her close again, taking his own sweet time about it, trying to prolong the sensual torture. He could see the impatience growing in her gaze and felt a surge of love for her. He kissed her, and she immediately opened her mouth to him, arching upwards, trying to deepen the pressure of their kiss by wrapping her arms tightly around him. Once again, his desire for her grew fierce and strong, and he felt himself losing grip on his awareness. Alarmed, he broke off the kiss, trying to regain some of his control.

Protesting the loss of his mouth against hers, she wrapped her arms around his neck, and pulled him close again, this time initiating a kiss that threatened to set him on fire again. Her tongue daringly licked his bottom lip, encouraging him to deepen the kiss. He needed no second invitation, and his tongue thrust into her mouth to spar with hers.

He broke the kiss off, and began to kiss her along the side of her jaw. His mouth traveled down to her neck where he knew that she loved to be kissed, and he began to thrust the tip of his tongue against her pulse point again, drinking in the special perfumed scent that was all her own. His tongue drew circles in a very lazy and erotic pattern, and she gripped onto him tighter, trying to draw him closer.

They continued to touch and kiss each other for a long while. Finally, Clark felt his passion slip out of control, and he lifted his head in a desperate bid to regain that control. It was in vain. He saw the look in her eyes, and was unable to stop himself from kissing her again.

Once again, he broke off what he was doing, and lay back, his breathing labored. Tenderness and passion tangled in his gaze as he turned to look at her.

“Lois,” he gasped. “I need to take a break from this!”

She smiled, a slow and catlike smile. “Are you sure?”

“Oh please…” it was the plea of a man who was drowning. “Please don’t look at me like that.”

“Like what?”

“Like you wish I hadn’t stopped,” he growled, the desire gleaming in his gaze. “Like you wish I … “

“God, Clark – right now- I don’t know what I’m feeling,” she said, desperately. “I … I – it’s like… I’m addicted to your touch – I want more – I - I didn’t want you stopping!”

“I… I had to,” he said, looking at her with helpless need. “If I didn’t… I might not have been able to. I couldn’t risk that.”

She nodded, mimicking understanding, when all she really felt was a need to hold him again.

“Lois, you’re still looking at me like that,” he pleaded with her, begging her to help him keep his promise to her.

“I know,” she gasped. “I can’t help it.”

“Maybe I can help you,” he murmured, his voice dropping a few notes, as he started to feel mounting passion once again.

[tbc]

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence