Okay. I give. I agree that martha and jonathan wouldn't condone Clark's behavior in this pretense. So i've rewritten this part, and changed it in the main post as well.
I certainly appreciate the feedback!

“Here, I’ll deal out these cards. Let’s see how well we can play a foursome of bridge!” Clark grinned at his surprised parents and began shuffling. It make sense that Clark and Superman should be on the same team, since he or they obviously knew the same hands! The game proceeded quite nicely, with Clark shifting from one side to become Superman at the other after each one had played their turn. It wasn’t tiring to do all the changing and looking so comfortable. All four players played well at the game.

“Well, you’re right Clark,” Martha finally said when the round ended, I certainly felt like I was playing at a table of four people.

Jonathan nodded in agreement at Clark who was sitting across from Superman’s empty chair. “It works very well when we’ve got our mind slightly distracted. I do think you could pull this off if you want to. It would certainly give you an excuse to go shower somewhere other than Lois’ when you’ve just been to a rescue with her.”

“I think it’s going to work perfectly, Clark, but is this what you really want to do? Do you really want to be deceiving her like this. I just wish you could tell her everything, but I can see that is going to have to wait for awhile, at least until this Lex thing blows over.” Martha smiled and nodded as she spoke.

“I agree with your mother son. Protecting your identity is one thing, but this is downright underhanded and I for one hope we’ve raised you to be more honest than this.”

“I'm not going to play cards with her like this, Dad. I just want to see if I can work things out so that Superman becomes a bit more human. I mean, well you know what I mean. I want to be able to change from Clark to Superman without so many lies.”

“But it’s all lies, Clark.” Martha laid her hand on her son’s. “Do you really think she’ll be able to forgive you if you do this to her? You’re insulting her intelligence. If your father had done that to me, I certainly don’t think I’d want much to do with him after that.”

“But how is that different from what I’ve done already? If she finds out my secret today, or last week, she’d still be angry. She still might hate me forever. Would this make it so much worse?”

Clark took a deep breath. “You know Mom, Dad, I just don’t know how I'm going to pull this off with Lois. It’s so easy to inch my way closer as Clark. I'm just not sure what to do about my being Superman with her. Our lives together are so different. We only see each other at crime or disaster scenes or when she’s in dire straights. Or maybe when I can’t stand the rejection as Clark anymore and just want to share a moment with her.” He trailed off, remembering the night after the Kerth awards.

Martha pursed her lips and nodded slowly as he talked before he went on. “It’s just not the same being with her as Clark as it is to be Superman. I mean, I have always ‘avoided’ her when I'm Superman, now I'm going to be doing a complete flip-flop. I don’t know how this is going to work out, or if it will at all! I did decide to let part of my personality in though. I don’t think Superman has enough personality to be a partner with anyone!”

“Well, Son, she loves you as Superman, you know that and you said tonight that she loves you as Clark, too!”

It's always such an embarrassment. Having to do away with someone. It's like announcing to the world that you lack the savvy and the finesse to deal with the problem more creatively. I mean, there have been times, naturally, when I've had to have people eliminated, but it's always saddened me. I've always felt like I've let myself down somehow.