Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
IreneD Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
'Fin' - no way, Carol. Not when Sarah's shown up to screw things up.

I do hope that you have a sequel planned, because if you don't, you will be hounded!

Great treatment of Deter! I loved how Lois nailed his hide to the wall.

Looking forward to the next story in this series. (And remember what I said, there better be another story planned!)

Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
'Fin' - no way, Carol. Not when Sarah's shown up to screw things up.
Ooh yeah. I'm dying to know what would happen now that they're newlyweds and the whole Sarah thing is about to start!

Nice job, Carol.

Jen laugh

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Features Writer
Features Writer
Thank you, Carol, for giving us the longed-for scene where "Deter gets his". It was great - Lois handled it very effectively, and of course I loved it when she hit him in the nose.

Wonderful start to the honeymoon, and I'd always be happy to read more about that if you wanted to write it, but...

"Lois, I don't think you've met Sarah."
No no no no no. This wasn't supposed to happen. This is just evil I thought we could just skip all over this and straight to the "happily ever after" stuff. Oh dear. Well, I guess I have to join the list of readers clamoring for a sequel, which I know I'll enjoy reading as much as I did this one.

KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
And here I was thinking, "Go, Carol! Great way to utterly derail the stupid NK arc!" And now you people are clamoring for a sequel? She just beautifully untwisted the whole NK thing, and you want her to continue it?

Weird. goofy

Nice finish. Great Deter confrontation, especially catching him so neatly in his inconsistencies - AND taping it. The punch on the nose was good, too. laugh

Don't make a sequel, please, Carol! Too many stories are ruined when authors (or readers) won't accept the words "the end" when the right time comes. I like it just fine the way it is. smile

Thanks for a fun one!

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hey Carol

Thank You, it was a great part razz

But you really have to ruin the happiness of newlyweds by bringing Sarah mecry

Now i'm not sure if i want to know what's going to happen..

Meni cool

Is it a bird?" "Is it a plane?" "No, it's just a guy in tights and a cape!"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay! All is right in the world smile

Loved the way Lois took down Deter <eg> Poor Perry, I don't know how he kept a straight face. And we have it on *tape* and he can get arrested immediately while waiting for the other charges to be processed... justice is sweet.

I would like to think that the whole NK thing has been derailed, but the evidence in this story is too ambiguous for my comfort. Maybe a short epilog, where Zara tells Ching, "damn, he's married" and Ching says "good riddance" and they both go home? smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Beatiful story! clap

Fury blazed from her eyes as she showed Max the tape recorder she held in her other hand. "Good thing I always have a tape recorder with me." One finger poked him in the chest. "You are slime, Deter."
evil . Please not Za-ra.

She started to walk away but turned back. "Deter, you don't know what love is. All you know is power and manipulation and control. Not love. " The expression on her face changed. "And I pity you. Love is amazing and wonderful. Pity you'll never know what it's like to love someone who truly loves you." She turned on her heel and stalked out of the restaurant.
blush Love this part.

MAF laugh

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Carol, it was a nice waffy wrap up, but are you sure that's what you wanted?

Where were the horrible last minute whams that had to be endured, then overcome (or not). Obviously having Sarah be po'd that Lois and Clark were married doesn't count as a wham.

I'm afraid you'll have to go back and add in some nasty parts. No one will think you are evil if you leave it all sweetness and light like this.

Tank (who unlike Hazel, thought the NK arc could have been fun if it had been done better... lots of opportunity for emotional traumas and really big whams... but, alas, even the show dropped the ball on that one)

Features Writer
Features Writer
Carol,
nice waffy wrapup
I think this needs continuing also
more
merry

Merriwether
Merriwether
Hmm, I'm with Pam on this one. Great ending! clap And poor Lois has to wait so long, so patiently... but it's all worth it in the end... dizzy

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Carol

I love how Lois handles Deter.
Just perfect! goofy

And a wonderful start to their honeymoon! sloppy

Yikes, what is Sarah doing there? eek

Thanks for sharing this great story.

Tricia cool

Columnist
Columnist
Mmmmm.... Totally wonderful wrap-up, Carol!

But as the others have said, you've left something hanging, namedly Sarah. So that means that you are going to write a sequel that deals with her. Yippee!

Melisma (under her Rock, off to form the Carol's Number One Fan Club - unless it's already in existence, in which case, she's off to join it smile )

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lois calmly pulled her hand away from his and glanced at Perry, a gleam in her eye. "I'm sorry, do I know you?"

"It's me, Lois. Max."
grumble

And awwwwwwww - cute and waffy ending but....way too short!!! <g>

I really enjoyed this reworking of the Arc, Carol. Brava!

LabRat (who thinks she senses a sequel coming on...)

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Thank you so much to everyone who has taken time to comment!!

I *do* have a sequel in mind but for now let's let them be happy kissing... and well, kissing is good *g*.

The muse is taking off on another fic [I hope, it's been on my HD long enough!] but I do plan to write it and have some ideas on where it'll go.

Thanks again!
CM

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Originally posted by carolm:
I *do* have a sequel in mind but for now let's let them be happy kissing...
Did you ever do a sequel?

Did this story ever make it to the archive? I was looking and couldn't find it?

Framework4
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I just read this and am so glad you added it to the archive. I wasn't reading in 2003 since I couldn't turn my back on my kids long enough to read a complete fic at that point in my life.

There was something about the Arggh arc that always bothered me, but until recently I wasn't able to put my finger on it: why was it that Lois' family was absent during the entire time she was under Deter's care? Exactly who was acting as her next of kin? I liked your version much better than the original, not just because Clark got Lois any faster--I don't think he did--but because it made it seem as if people really did care about Lois. I also like that there were consequences for Deter's professionally scary behaviors.

An all-around well-written fic, although I do think the ending was abrupt. (And this from the queen of abrupt endings.)

Elisabeth

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Elisabeth -

Thank you! The sequel to it "Till Death Do Us Part" should be uploaded in the next week or two - before the end of the year. I'm trying to remember exactly what happened with the ending - I think I had contemplated nfic *shudder* and just chopped it off - hey - it's been 4 years wink I'm not really sure.

/me hmmms... I read this on the archive today [it's always so cool to see something of your own come up] and the more I think about it the more I think TDDUP may start in CK's apartment and I think this one ended in Lois'...

/me scurries off
Carol

Ugh- it's pretty ambiguous at the beginning and it never really says but it's implied they're at Clark's - so anyone who's interested... ignore that part and I'll go back and fix one or the other later and sweet talk Labby into getting the right stuff uploaded wink

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Elisabeth recommended this one to me to read, and being the good hubby, I do as she suggests sloppy

I like the way you answered a lot of the stuff that the rash writer's wrote.

We have to be a little forgiving of them, concidering that they were being compelled to write delaying situations until Superman and Lois got married in the Comics. Sigh...

Can't wait for part two where you wipe the floor with the NKers. splat

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard