Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
daneel Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Good part L! smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW! Bravo Leela! I was hoping this section would end up in the other folder, but you did an awesome job of keeping the tension just high enough without crossing any lines, very Last Samuri in this scene.

I love the way you've done Alt-Clark in this story, his patience and passion so evenly balanced. He's playing, trying to reach her limits in a harmless way, feeling out her boundaries and if he could give her the control, maybe she wouldn't feel so threatened or scared. Just an idea there.

Loving this story as usual!

TEEEEJ

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
Like I've said before, I hope that Heaven is an ALtiverse where Clark Kent/Superman actually exists and I am Lois Lane!

Most non-Kryptonian men would have walked away by now. Not our Alt-Clark. Maybe if he hadn't see OUR Clark & Lois' happiness, he wouldn't be so motivated to work this thing thru with Alt-Lois!!

Getting closer and closer to the nFIC folder.....

Can't wait!

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yet again, I'm amazed at how well you're handling this, L! Their first mini-flashback, with Clark getting angry at Kal, was good -- the bad memories are still there, but they're dealing with them. And then when Lois is in her nightgown and Clark's in his Superman suit... very astute of you to realize that it would trigger bad associations in Lois -- but she handled it. I'm sure she'll never see him in the Suit the same way again <g>

And that last line... <waffy sigh>

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“You won’t decide that I’m better off without you? Or you’re better off without me?”

“I promise. I won’t ever decide that for us.”
yes...Yes...YES...YES!!!! That's the way it should be done!

thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
Glad to see you all still enjoy this. To specifically address things..

Jose: Who said anything about MORNING? The night is young.

TJ: Thank you for your perfect insights. That's exactly what he's doing. He's testing her limits for two reasons: 1) She asked him to and 2) he nearly died. There almost wasn't a tomorrow. He will give her control, and he will take it - it's something he needs to learn as he moves through this. As she gets more sure of her self in this type of situation, she will also take control back.

Maria: Thank you for your loyal reading. Actually - as far as her thinking too much - Trauma rears it's ugly head despite trying to block out all thought. She's really just suffering from PTSD, and hopefully she will be able to put most of it behind her. It's still a long road...

Chris: I believe that he would have wanted to work this out even if he hadn't met the other LL and CK, because of the soul-connection. He would have been drawn to her. He's a good man. But there are plenty of good ones out there! I'm sure of it ;-). Your post reminds me of a song that i've REDISCOVERED thanks to Shrek 2: Holding out for a hero. I can't hear it without thinking of this story, these characters, which is why I can't listen to my shrek 2 soundtrack while trying to write software.

Pam: Thank you for deftly summing it all up!! I'm glad you enjoyed the section, and you got out of it what i was trying to put into it!! I didn't even plan on having her see him like that, but when she left the bathroom, that just popped into my mind - it would be neat if he weren't there - if he flew in - and oh - yea! If she saw him like that - at that precise moment - because you KNOW I love angst.

And finally:

James: I agree wholeheartedly. If he makes decisions for them - it's not going to go down well with a woman who has issues with being controlled by Kryptonians.

Everyone: Nfic is coming. I will post a gfic and nfic version of the next chapter.

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow, Leela!

Good stuff..so romantic and sensual.

Can't wait for the next part!

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, Leela, just...holy cow. This was just so...man. Just so...Ok. Trying again. And I'm going to gush and use a lot of 'so's but I can't help it.

So tender. So smart. So sweet. So sexy. So perfect for these two characters who I can't say enough about because we've suffered so with them, and their coming together in this way is just so...so...poetic. Really.

And the way you've done it is both absolutely credible, given her trauma, and absolutely fresh and delightful.

This part just squeezed my heart. The honest emotion so tangible.

This especially:
”I … I… “ He couldn’t speak, lost for a moment in the pure intensity of what he was feeling. I won’t hurt you. Not ever. I won’t ever leave you like Sam did. I won’t betray you like Claude did . I won’t ever take without giving, or take without permission. I won’t ever be him… that horrible bastard… Lord Kal. I won’t ever make you feel like you’re nothing.
So, so, so wonderful. Again, I hate to see it end! I really do! But I'll go back and reread many times, I know. Keep doing what you're doing, however it is that you're doing it(!), because this is brilliant.

CC

I added up: somewhere in the neighborhood of 14 so's. I may have missed one or two.

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Leela

WOW, another brilliant part! smile1

Tricia cool

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard