Here you go! I hope it wraps things up for you!

Comments appreciated!
CM

From Part 5:

The television in the middle of the room caught her eye. Superman was leaving the scene of the landslide. She was going to have to hurry. Her stops had taken longer than she'd originally thought, but everything was ready for his return. She groaned involuntarily as an announcement flashed on the screen. Volcano in Japan. There was no way Clark would ignore that.

She couldn't miss the understanding and sympathy that flitted through Perry's eyes. So he did know. Well, he hadn't become editor because he could yodel after all.

"Clark's going to be busy for a while, is he?"

She sighed and nodded.

"Well, hells bells, girl. This place can run without me for a while. How about a little lunch with an old news hound?"

Lois laughed. "That sounds perfect, Perry, but it's too cold to sit outside today." Lois shuddered a bit as they contemplated where to eat. "How about Maggie's Café?"

Part 6

"Sounds good to me, darlin'."

Ten minutes later they were seated in the cozy diner waiting for their order to arrive.

"LOIS!" A voice interrupted their pleasant conversation.

Max Deter ran to her side, kneeling next to her. "You're back. I thought you were going to be in Smallville longer. I can't believe that Clark let you come back here. Why didn't you call me? Let's get you out of here."

Lois calmly pulled her hand away from his and glanced at Perry, a gleam in her eye. "I'm sorry, do I know you?"

"It's me, Lois. Max."

Her brow furrowed deeply as she pretended to think hard. Then she shook her head. "I slipped on some ice last night and hit my head. I'm afraid I'm not sure who you are. Refresh my memory."

"I was your doctor, until Clark ripped you away from me. We're in love. We're going to go to France to live."

"I don't remember that." Her brow furrowed. "You're my doctor? You were trying to help me get my memory back?"

"Yes."

"What would be the best way to do that?"

"Come with me. Surround yourself with things of our past together. That's the best way to help you regain your memory."

"Surround myself with things of my past? That's the best way to help me get my memory back?"

He nodded earnestly. "That's the best way."

Lois looked at Perry and winked, somehow managing to keep a straight face. "Is that why you told that other guy... what was his name? Clyde?"

Perry chimed in. "Clark."

"Oh, right, Clark. Is that why you told Clark and his parents to stay away."

"That was an entirely different situation. Clark was intensely emotional and his parents didn't understand the gravity of your situation."

"But wouldn't that have been the best thing to help me get my memory back? Surround myself with the familiar?"

"Of course, if they had been emotionally ready to help you regain your memory, they certainly would have been allowed to see you."

Fury blazed from her eyes as she showed Max the tape recorder she held in her other hand. "Good thing I always have a tape recorder with me." One finger poked him in the chest. "You are slime, Deter."

He stood and started to back away from her. "You don't know what you're talking about, Lois."

"Oh, I most certainly do." She kept poking him as he backed away. "You set out to separate me from my friends, my family and my husband." She flashed her ring, safely back on her finger where it belonged. "You hypnotized me and tried to convince me that I loved you and that we should run away together. You crossed every professional and ethical line, and now you've violated a court order to stay away from me. I recommend you get a lawyer and a good one, because I won't rest until you can't hurt anyone else, ever again."

He grabbed her by the arms. "Lois, you don't know what you're saying. You hit your head again."

"Let go of me, Deter."

Desperation seeped into his voice. "Lois, I love you."

"Let me go, Deter."

"I love you."

She wrenched away from him and then her right arm moved in a perfect right hook.

"OW!" He grabbed his nose. "You hit me!"

Perry moved behind her. "You deserved it, Deter." He put his hand gently on Lois' shoulders. "The cops are on their way, honey."

"Good. I’m pressing charges for violating a court order while I get everything else against this..." she looked Deter up and down in disgust, "...whatever he is in order."

She started to walk away but turned back. "Deter, you don't know what love is. All you know is power and manipulation and control. Not love. " The expression on her face changed. "And I pity you. Love is amazing and wonderful. Pity you'll never know what it's like to love someone who truly loves you." She turned on her heel and stalked out of the restaurant.

An hour later, they were seated in Perry's office, Deter having been taken down to the police station.

Jimmy poked his head in Perry's office. "Superman is busy today. Earthquake in China." He spotted Lois sitting on the couch. "LOIS! You're back! How're you feeling?"

"Much better, Jimmy. I remember everything."

"That's great! Where's CK?"

"He... had some things to take care of."

"Aw, well, I'm sure he'll be done soon."

"Yeah, I'm sure he will." Lois sighed. Earthquake. Go figure.

"Well, it's great to see you. Can't wait for you to be back for good."

"Thanks, Jimmy."

"Jimmy, you get those pictures for me from processing?"

"On my way now, Chief." He smiled at Lois once more, then headed back out into the newsroom.

Lois groaned as she put her head in her hands. Would this never end?

"He'll be home soon, Lois."

"I know."

A young woman Lois vaguely remembered entered the office. "Chief, here's that research you were asking for."

"Ah, thanks, Sarah. Lois, I don't think you've met Sarah. She's one of our newer researchers, but very good. Has the answers for you almost before you ask."

Lois stood and shook Sarah's hand. "It's nice to meet you."

"I saw you here a couple days ago, before you and Clark and that other guy went out to lunch."

"That's right." Lois shrugged. "I'm sorry. I'm sure you've heard, but I've had some problems lately, remembering things. I promise I'll remember you next time I see you."

"I'm sure you will." Sarah smiled warmly at her, but there was something odd in her eyes. Something Lois couldn’t quite put her finger on.

"So, is it true? You and Clark are really married?"

Lois held her left hand out. "Yep." She turned to Perry. "I'm going to head over to Clark's place and go through some of the things that were left there after the wedding and then head back to my place until Clark finishes his errands."

"Okay, honey." Perry gave her a hug. "We'll see you when you get back from your honeymoon, wherever you two end up going."

She left the office, unaware of Sarah's eyes narrowing and following her to the elevator.

Lois spent two hours cleaning up at Clark's apartment then headed back to her own. According to the reports on the radio, the earthquake was in a remote area of China, fairly heavily populated but without modern conveniences like television stations. She had no idea how much longer he was going to be.

A long, hot bubble bath relaxed her sore muscles – the fall last night was catching up with her – but she couldn't help but imagine Clark being there with her.

Soon, she promised herself. Soon.

She dressed in a short sweater and short sweat shorts, with underthings that she knew he would enjoy.

Suddenly, he was in front of her.

"Clark."

"Lois"

She was in his arms and their words were lost, muffled by each other's lips.

"We're married, Clark."

He pulled back just a bit to look at her, a devilish grin on his face. "I know."

"Then kiss me."

She leaned back and grinned wickedly at him. "And it's your birthday."

"Lois, the best present I could have is right here in my arms."

Lois pulled his head down to hers and her hands then slipped between them, frantically unbuttoning his flannel shirt.

She mumbled into his mouth. "Mmmm, Clark, when did you have time to change? And you don't smell like mudslide..." More kisses. "...or volcano..." And more. "...or earthquake."

"Super-speed, Lois, and a quick dip in Lake Tahoe on the way back."

Her lips frantically sought his and her fingers soon found the smooth skin of his chest. She could hear his gasp as she lightly touched his wonderful washboard stomach.

His hands had found their way under her sweater and were caressing the small of her back. She could feel the heat on her skin and it sent chills up her spine. Her arms wound around Clark's body until she could pull him incredibly close, all the while her mouth never leaving his.

Finally, she broke contact with his lips and began to drop little kisses across his chest and everywhere else she could reach without pushing him further away. She felt his arms tighten around her and could tell that he wanted her as much as she wanted him.

His breath was becoming ragged and she reveled in the effect she could have on even the man of steel.

FIN