Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Catching up here on parts 3 and 4... Wendy, you've got the wrong title. Instead of Don't Be A Stranger it should be called Don't Be An Idiot goofy

But they're so cute when they're making wrong assumptions all over the place wink

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Interesting part. thumbsup

MAF confused

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Let's see... Clark is a lunkhead... check.

Lois is clueless not only about Clark's feelings for her but her feelings for him... check.

Sounds like a Wendyfic to me wink

Wait! Lois isn't totally clueless, because Clark in his extra level of lunkheadedness actually is surpressing his true feelings for his partner. How very Lois of him.

Still haven't yet seen the spots for some good whams yet. Assuming that we can skip over the GGGoH, that still leaves Toni Taylor to complicate things coming up. And once Miranda does her bit at the Planet things could get very interesting.

Tank (who prays that medically enhanced smart kids don't exist in this universe)

Top Banana
Top Banana
OK, Wendy, finally finally finally I've had a good chunk of time to sit down and catch up with this. So sorry for lumping all of my feedback for parts 1 thru 4 right here. wink

Whew. Man, that Lois does have her matching set of emotional baggage, doesn't she? A lot of hurdles to overcome before she can even consider loving someone. I only hope that she doesn't see her way clear just in time for Lex to snatch her up when Clark keeps pushing her away. I do like how you're showing why she might have had such a monumental chip on her shoulder against Clark from the get-go. Makes me kind of, sort of, a little bit forgive her. wink I also like that she's been able to admit to her mistake and become friends with him - it's nice to see them treat each other well.

Clark. Clark, Clark, Clark. You big dumb alien! How utterly sad it is that he thinks he'll never be able to get close to anyone for so many reasons. I know Lois will set him to rights, but is he going to have to endure Lex trying to horn in first? And I can't tell you how intrigued I am to learn of the horrors he suffered at the hands of Trask. That's all Yvonne's fault, you know. She turned me on to the addiction of torturing Clark <g>.

I just want to tell everyone who lives nowhere near San Fransisco that if you are ever in the midwest, there's a Ghiardelli's shop on Michigan Avenue here in Chicago that serves sundaes as big as your head and chocolate that is worth killing for <g>. Incentive to come and visit me!

The normal rant applies here, Wendy. More soon would be good. Although I hate to say it but I see my story idea going down the tubes. You are going to cover this in such a wonderfully angsty way, there'll be nothing left to write.

Great job!! thumbsup
Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
WOW, one little difference like knowing Clark is Superman and history re-writes itself hyper

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

This is excellent. smile1

Tricia cool

Kerth
Kerth
Good that Lois is not interested in Lex wink

But Clark should tell her what he suspects about Luthor!!! laugh

Jose hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What they said! More soon! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I gotta stop taking days off, everyone beats me to the punch on the feedback comments.

Wendy, I'm liking this story completely, I know you already don't, but just in case, don't listen to anyone's outline of teasing (ahem, ala Tank) grumble

We who comment positively all love and adore your writing style, even if it gives me an angsty tummy ache.

Thank you again for posting often. I like seeing your stories up here inbetween orders.

TEEEEEJ

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Wendy,

Sorry I didn't comment on part 3 so I'll do it here. Both part 3 & the new part 4 are wonderful. Clark is such a Lunkhead, though...I see that everyone agrees with that. blush Of course, Lois has her own issues.

Can't wait to see what's up for them next... hyper

Caryn

"With words one can escape reality..."
Top Banana
Top Banana
Sneaking in before you post part 5...

Another great part, Wendy! goofy , it's obvious that the experience with Trask traumatised Clark so much that he now believes some of what Trask said to be true. He's an alien, and humans are normally repulsed by aliens. Why would it be any different with Lois? Especially since he already scared Lana with his strength, even without her knowing the truth about him. He can make people terrified, and terrifying Lois would be horrible for him. Poor Clark! frown

Bring on the next part!

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Top Banana
Top Banana
I love the fact you didn't put too much detail in the boxing story. It leaves much more space for L&C's introspection, and puts more emphasis on Lois's relationship with her father and Clark's support.

And for once, Lex didn't do anything horrible. Yet. <g>

And again, I really like the fact you created a friendship between them that's pretence free for once, and hero-worship free. Well, almost. wink

Julie (who is allowed to read part 5 now <g>)

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, it's Sunday and, despite the fact that CC's beaten me to it and posted another part of her fantastic story over in nfic, I've been told that it's time I posted part 5.

Well, thank you all, including the IRC naggers, for your lovely comment posts, which do inspire and encourage me - as well as making me laugh. goofy

Lynn said:
I do like how you're showing why she might have had such a monumental chip on her shoulder against Clark from the get-go. Makes me kind of, sort of, a little bit forgive her.
LOL! But thank you. I'm really glad that you commented on Lois's explanation for her hostility towards Clark. You see, I've never had a problem with that attitude on her part, because I understand it completely. I also work in an occupation which is male-dominated and, while people may talk about the academic team and all that, it's basically dog eat dog. The men all form their own exclusive cabals and do their best to walk all over the women. Women are still grossly under-represented in the senior levels of the occupation, and the gender pay gap is wider than that in society generally. But you didn't want to hear all that! Suffice it to say that I understand where Lois is coming from. mad

And then there's Clark... Thanks, Kae, for this:
Although I agree with Pam on the 'Don't be an Idiot' part, it's obvious that the experience with Trask traumatised Clark so much that he now believes some of what Trask said to be true. He's an alien, and humans are normally repulsed by aliens. Why would it be any different with Lois? Especially since he already scared Lana with his strength, even without her knowing the truth about him. He can make people terrified, and terrifying Lois would be horrible for him. Poor Clark!
Yup! He's traumatised, all right. So, yes, he's an idiot, but is the fact that he's a traumatised idiot any better? goofy

As for whether Lex will try to horn in or not, remember that Lois has already acknowledged that she's not attracted to him. wink On the other hand, it seems that Lex is definitely attracted to her... so you'll just have to wait and see what happens there.

And will Clark tell her, José? Hmmm. The other question is: will Lois tell Clark about the interview?

TJ, thanks for being so glad to see my posts!!

And with that... Part 5 coming up very soon.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard