Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Newcomb aimed his weapon, and a laser of Kryptonite green shot out and caught Superman in the chest... the laser robbed Superman of his powers and caused him to writhe in agony... fifteen hundred feet above the streets of Metropolis... Superman plummeted through the air.

Seconds went by. Lois could feel tears spring to her eyes. She was too far away from the edge of the balcony to see anything below, but the sudden screams of the people below told her what had happened.

Superman was dead.

In the darkened room, Lois Lane shot to her feet. "Are you people insane?"

The man she was facing shrank back from her obvious fury. He opened his mouth to respond, but she cut him off before he could even draw breath.

"A Kryptonite laser?? What were you thinking?"

"Well, uhm --"

"And you killed Superman? How is that supposed to help you?"

"You see --"

"And what did you do with Clark Kent? He's my partner, you know!"

"Yes, but --"

"And that haircut! I knew you were going to take some liberties, but what made you think I would ever --"

The men in front of Lois were cowering now, helpless before the power of her raw and unbridled fury. Then, suddenly, the one man who could save them from the consequences of their own folly stepped up to intervene.

"Lois, please. Calm down."

"Calm down, Clark?! You saw what they did! Don't tell me you approve!"

"Of course not, Lois," Clark responded calmly, "but I'm sure we can talk it over."

"Talk it over?? Clark, they killed Superman!"

"Lois, relax. It's just a TV show." He pointed to the now empty screen to remind her. "It hasn't even gone on the air yet. It can't until we give our approval. Just calm down, and we'll see what we can work out."

"Yes, certainly," the would-be producer of The Adventures of Superman cried desperately. "Everything is negotiable. If you don't like Ms. Hatcher's haircut, we can fix that... And we were planning to resolve that cliffhanger, you know. But, if you don't like it, we can work around it..."

Lois stood for a moment, still brimming with fury. Then, just as suddenly as it had appeared, the anger abated. "All right," she said, as everyone in the room let out their collective breath, "I'll give you one more shot. But there are going to have to be some major changes. Where's the romance? Where's the style? Where's the technical consultant who should have told you Kryptonite lasers are impossible? For that matter, where is that hairdresser?"

Behind her, Clark sighed. It was going to be a long night...

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Aww, what's wrong with a Kryptonite laser? There was a red-Kryptonite laser in canon, after all. I thought I was being creative. smile

No meerkats in your story, either, I notice. Very disappointing.

However, the tv show thing was clever. smile I like the poor producer trying to please Lois... but does that mean that this takes place in a world where everybody knows Clark is Superman???

HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
What's wrong with a K laser? Nothing, really. Like you said, it was done with Red K on the show. It was also done with green K in Superman III. And, I'm pretty sure, on the animated series (the one from the 90's. Kryptonite didn't show up in the old serials). And in the comics. Not that Lois knows about any of that. It just seemed like a prominent element for Lois to latch on to. I don't know. The whole thing was thrown together on a whim.

Sorry about the lack of meerkats. I'll see if I can do better next time.

Glad you did, at least, like the TV show bit.

Timing? I don't know. I tried to leave that open-ended, but I had a vague thought it was somewhere during Season 2. Superman is popular, and they're trying to take advantage of that with a new action-based TV series. Superman said he'd think about it, but L&C would have to give their approval first (which they'd have to do anyway, given that their names would be used). Something like that. They don't know CK=Sm, though, so that's not a part of the show. What's funny is that Lois doesn't, either. She's just objecting to the lack of an important character (to her).

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
And we were planning to resolve that cliffhanger, you know. But, if you don't like it, we can work around it...
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!! goofy

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh, that makes sense, Superman saying that Lois and Clark have to give approval. Of course, that will certainly make for a pretty boring TV series, if there's no Lois and Clark partnership. Just lots of Lois (and other people, I assume) getting in trouble and being rescued. Would they call it "Superman 9-1-1?" Or just "Help, Superman!" *grin*

P.S. Sorry, looks like I wrote my original comments as a reply to your story instead of in a separate folder! Stupid me, doing my commenting too late at night when I should be in bed. Hopefully somebody will start a new folder when they do the next comments.

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard