Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. help

After all, he’d known for the past ten years that he was always going to be alone, hadn’t he? He’d been foolish to even imagine that anything had changed.
This two are tiptoe around each other. :rolleyes:

More ASAP, please.

MAF thumbsup

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Nice part, Wendy! This whole story is developing nicely (sorry I didn't get a chance to comment on the first 2 parts).

Their non-date in San Francisco was very nice. And it was good to see them hash out some of Lois's prickly behavior from when they met. I'm glad he just came right out and answered - and that she was comfortable enough to open up to him.
“I can understand that,” Clark said softly. “And I wasn't going to criticise. I was going to say that the worst of it is I hate the fact that they robbed you of your ability to trust.”

Lois stilled, and he halted beside her. She turned her head to look at him, barely knowing how to respond. How could he possibly understand so clearly?
I love that - how he seems to be able to understand her so clearly, better than she understands herself sometimes. goofy

Beaker: Special Talents: Scientific assistant, Victim
Last Book Read: "1001 Meeps to a Bigger Vocabulary"
Quote: "Meep! Meep! Meep!"
Never Leaves Home Without: Medical Coverage
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
You really, really love torturing all of us with your angst-ridden plot. You are evil! When's the next part coming out?! Keep up the good work!

My favorite part:
Back in her apartment later that night, Lois sat back on the sofa which Clark had declared to be an instrument of torture the last time he’d been over...which reminded her; she probably should go shopping for a new couch. He was right...Maybe he’d be willing to go w/ her, if she went to the furniture malls at the weekend......after all, if Clark was going to keep spending time at her apt, just as she was at his, then she wanted him to be comfortable.
Please give us a couch shopping scene!!!

I also totally agree with Jill! Everyone stock up on 2x4's now! I think I saw them on sale at CostMart!

J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
Oh dear, this is heartwrenching, or is it? wink

Clark feels so sorry for himself and has no confidence at all, that things might actually work out... I think he already needs a good treatment with one of those kryptonite-coated 2x4s.
On the other hand, what would that do to this story? confused Probably end it way to soon and/or rid it of all the nice angst you seem to have in store for us.

BTW, I loved that you had them walk over the Golden Gate Bridge. I've been there and walked over it, too. Unfortunately not in a sunset. It was rather foggy and freezing cold, but still great...

Anyway, it's a great story thumbsup and I'll be eagerly awaitening the next part.

Julia wave

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

An excellent part! smile1

Tricia cool

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OWWWWW! Oh Wendy, you're hurting my heart for Clark! That last section, how he's afraid of hurting people, how he thinks he can never have a relationship, ohhh!

This is so angsty, gut churning, worrying. Dangit! I love this story.

Well you got me sucked in for the long haul, I suppose I'm going to be begging you for the next section next.

TEEEEJ!

Kerth
Kerth
Oh... our favorite philantropist wink

It was a great idea to have Clark asking about Claude thumbsup

Jose hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Why can't they just be friends? It seems like they have a pretty good thing going with their friendship now. They are able to enjoy most of the best parts of a relationship without the hassles that inevitably come from the intimacy and being forced to be together all the time.

Even 'happily' married couples tend to crave 'time alone' now and then.

They get to 'date' and enjoy time together when they want to, and can retreat to 'their own space' when the need to. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. I know that I'd be thrilled to have such a 'friendship' with a beautiful, intelligent woman like Lois.

So, I say to Wendy, break with tradition, keep them just friends.

Tank (who knows what the 'hormonal' out there would say is the big difference between just friends and a 'couple' but thinks that it's overrated)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Very true, Tank; there is nothing wrong with their being very close friends. There's no reason why either of them should feel that being 'just friends' is settling for anything - as long as, of course, neither of them wrecks it by falling in love with the other. wink But that's not the specific problem here. What Clark's worried about is the possibility of Lois falling in love with someone else, because it would mean the end of their close friendship. She wouldn't be sharing intimate dinners with him any more, or watching movies with him at his apartment, or calling him late at night just because she felt like talking - she'd be doing all that with her boyfriend.

Just like Lois in the series was worried about losing Clark to Mayson - and not only because she would lose the chance of love with him, but because she'd lose her best friend - here Clark is worried about losing the special friendship that he has. And he would lose it, because there's no way any boyfriend would tolerate another man having such an established and important place in Lois's life, just like no girlfriend would tolerate Lois having a similar place in Clark's life.

As to what I will do... read and find out. wink

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
As to what I will do... read and find out.
I WILL!!!! hyper

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow poor Lois and Clark, they are a little confused about their real feelings. I hope one of them cracks soon. Good job Wendy, I am looking forward to more soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
If they made an agreement not to see anyone else, to keep their friendship intact...well, then, they would have a comittment, right??

No matter how you slice it, two people of the opposite sex that enjoy each other's company that much...end up dating!!

If you want to have a companion...women have their girlfriends...men have? their girlfriends! LOL

I'm going to keep reading, Wendy!

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow, I think we have a problem here.

Lois not wanting to get any closer to Clark because she can't prove she would pick him over Superman, so she might become interested in a REALLY BAD guy.

Clark thinking he can't be more than a friend to anyone mecry

I'm going to the discount store for a case of Kleenex. I hope something happens soon so at least one of them is trying to interest the other!

Lois trying to get Clark to lose his reservations would be fun!

Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey, I'm finally caught up (at least with what you've posted so far).

There are so many things I loved about this part. Of course you've made me hungry for a sundae... maybe one day I'll figure out if it's similar to what McDonald's sells as a dessert. What you described in here sounds quite different, and certainly makes me wonder whether I can bear a 12-hour-flight for the sake of chocolate. Hmm... maybe not. wink

What I loved the most about this section, though, was the conversation between Lois and Clark when he asked her if he had reminded her of Claude at first. I love the underlining revelation about Lois there: she acts tough because she never had a choice; is was eat or be eaten. She got eaten one time too many, and Clark, her next partner, forced upon her at that, was bound to be someone she resented.

I also loved, in the previous section, Clark's reminiscence of what first made him aware that his powers could be dangerous for humans when he loses control. The experience with Lana must have traumatised him big time. frown So it really makes sense he would want to avoid all kind of risk now, especially with a woman he loves. Besides, what he went through with Trask was another reminder that he's different and therefore *can* easily hurt people with his abilities.

So I'm on the edge of my seat so far and I'll certainly await the next part eagerly. Oh, wait, already have the next part. *Ducks and runs before she gets lynched.*

K-atch-me-if-you-can-ethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh, Wendy. Oh, man. What are you doing??

Don't have to ask what they're thinking, that's for sure. Got that.

So ok, he has the one bad experience with Lana. He's Superman now. He's using all his powers so much more, learning his limits...so, no problem. Tell him I said so.

And Lois. She saved his life! Saved his parents!! She should not have to repeatedly apologize for refusing to welcome a rookie partner with open arms!! Stop me before I exclamation point again!

Seriously, what are you doing?

A Disgruntled Anonymous Reader...pay no attention to the thingy in the left-hand corner that has my name...or rather a name I am currently borrowing to post under...I'm just saying.

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well... some interesting reading here! Some of you want to bash poor Clark over the head with a Kryptonite 2x4:

But, oh do I have a feeling I'm going to have to hurt Clark a lot in parts coming up!!! He's gonna be really obnoxious with this whole Man of Steel - Human beings of Kleenex thing, isn't he?!?
Jill! You meanie! But ROFL all the same. goofy

So ok, he has the one bad experience with Lana. He's Superman now. He's using all his powers so much more, learning his limits...so, no problem. Tell him I said so.
Ah, but that would involve the appliance of qualities such as Logic and Sane and Rational Thinking... ya think it's possible? wink

And Lois. She saved his life! Saved his parents!! She should not have to repeatedly apologize for refusing to welcome a rookie partner with open arms!! Stop me before I exclamation point again!
/me hands CC a whole bundle... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I can reassure you on one thing: Lois has stopped apologising. Okay? wink

And now, I think some people might want Part 4... so I'd better go and post it!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard