From Part 2/3:

"Clark, all I know is that you are the only man who's been able to break through the wall I've had up ever since the Claude fiasco. You're incredibly attractive, you're my best friend, and I want to be with you. I want you to know that I accept all of you. If there is anything that you want to share with me, I promise that I will not betray your trust. I know today I'm acting a lot more forward than usual, but I'm glad. Hiding how you really feel is hard. I'm glad it's out in the open. Let me show you how much I mean what I'm saying right now."

Lois started unbuttoning Clark's shirt, revealing that chest that she loved so much. She had worked her way down to his waist when he suddenly stopped her.

"Lois, there's something I have to tell you before we go any further."

And now, the finale: Part 3/3

<He's going to tell me he's Superman. I just feel it. I have to keep a poker face and act like I didn't know, or he's going to be suspicious and think that I was playing up to him as Clark because I really wanted Superman. Omigod – here he goes!>

"Lois, remember when we went to Smallville recently? That whole incident with Jason Trask, and 'Bureau 39?'"

"Yes…and…"

"Jason Trask was right. I *am* the alien. I landed in Smallville as an infant, the Kents found me, and raised me as Clark Kent. My mother – Martha Kent -made me the Superman costume. I was born on a planet named Krypton…"

"Y-y-ou're Superman? Really?" Lois interrupted Clark with all seriousness, and then unexpectedly, burst out laughing. "I can't do it, Clark, I can't. I tried, though, I really did!" She was howling with laughter now.

"What??? You think it's funny that I'm Superman?"

”Funny? No. Absolutely *not*. I've never been more dead serious in my life," Lois replied, still laughing hysterically. "Clark, I'm so sorry. I kind of had it figured out after the Smallville trip, but I only became sure of it after I saw you streak out of the bedroom before, dressed as Superman."

"You *saw* that? Geez, I thought you were still sleeping," Clark said sheepishly. "Oh well. So why – how did you have it figured out, anyway? How did I slip up?"

"You didn't *really* slip up, Clark. But I started analyzing Trask's conclusions, if they could be valid at all, and it did start to make sense that Superman appeared right around the same time you arrived in Metropolis, you are never around when he is, you dash off unexpectedly at times, then there's a Superman incident reported on the news shortly thereafter….*plus*, I am with you so much…some of your mannerisms, as best as you try to disguise them, are the same."

"Like what? Give me an example," Clark requested.

"Well…let's see. Sometimes when you think I’m not looking, I see you type – and write – at super-speed. When you try to calm me down, you use the same tone of voice. Your profile is the same, your hair is the same color – but I have to say, I like Clark's hair much better than Superman's. All that hair gel – ick!"

Clark smiled. "So, what does this mean? You like Clark better than Superman? Superman is just a persona I created so I can have a private life - *be* Clark Kent. Protect my loved ones from harm. It wasn't meant to hurt your feelings, Lois. I wanted to tell you, but I couldn't be sure that the 'scoop of the century' would be too hard for you to pass up. I'm sorry to say that…but I had to be sure you were trustworthy. My parents' lives could be at stake. You saw the mess Jason Trask created for my neighbor, Wayne Irig. I don't want your sympathy, Lois, but it's not easy, being *me*."

"That sounds like the beginning of a great country-western song that we could line-dance to, Clark," Lois said, now continuing to undress him. "And I have a confession to make, too."

"What's that, Lois?" Clark said, almost breathless with excitement again.

"When I came over here, I think I *was* under the influence of that stuff I was sprayed with. I never felt so free before. I had buried my attraction for you so deep, and all of a sudden, I had the confidence to just go for what I had always wanted. I'm telling you, Clark, the first time I saw you in the towel, I was *very* glad I was born a woman. Whew!! It's a good thing mind-reading isn't one of your powers, because I would have been in serious trouble that day."

"Really? Tell me more," Clark said, cupping Lois' face in his hands and kissing her gently.

"Well, when I came over here and you had just the towel on again, this time I had no inhibitions about how I felt about you. It was like I was set free – like a child again, with no reason to play games with you like I always did." Lois' hands continued to wander around.

"Like you *always* did?" Clark stuttered. He could barely keep the conversation going, he was so distracted by Lois' activities.

"Yes, Clark. I mean, Superman was this exciting, good-looking man that could fly, for God's sake. But he also was the untouchable icon – a fantasy that my subconscious deemed to be "safe". There was no risk involved with having a crush on Superman. On the other hand, you, my partner…someone I saw every day…it was very scary to pursue you. I had already had another work relationship go down the tubes. It was safer to pretend that I wasn't interested. My college girlfriends always told me, 'If you want to be in control of a relationship, go after someone that you're not really interested in. That way, you can't be hurt.' So I played that game with you – pretended I wasn't interested and - ooooooooooooh! What did you just do to me?"

Lois looked down and realized that they were floating towards the bedroom, and whatever Clark was doing to her was making every cell in her body scream "don't stop! keep it up!"

"So, Lois, how do you know you're not still under the influence of this bad-smelling perfume?" Clark said, landing them on the bed, with Lois face-up.

"Well, when I saw you streaking out of the bedroom dressed as Superman, all of a sudden I felt queasy. Reality sunk in. I looked around and realized that whatever forward motion I had started with you felt *good*. Scary, but *good*. And then I realized a few things about you and how you probably feel that you’re in competition with your 'other self', and it occurred to me that you were probably just as scared as I was. So, somehow in the weirdness of all of that analyzing, I relaxed and started enjoying this mess that I created!"

"Lois….only your partner, me, Clark Kent, could understand what you just said. Do you want to keep talking?"

Lois kissed him back in reply, and then they made *real* love this time, with a meeting of the minds, mutual appreciation and affection, and, of course, all of the passion of Planet Earth and Planet Krypton, united as one.

Several hours later, Lois opened her eyes and smiled. <I just *have* to do this!> "Clark! Omigod! You're naked! I'm naked! Yikes! What I am doing here?"

Clark jumped out of bed, eyes as big as saucers, grabbing the covers to hide his more private parts. "Lois? What's the matter? Did you have a bad dream?" <please don't tell me that the stuff just wore off and now she remembers nothing!>

"Clark….wow….did anyone ever tell you that you look just like Superman? Well, I guess being with *you* is as close as I'll ever get to being with *him*! Ready for another adventure?" Lois asked, smiling in glee at Clark.

Clark's expression changed from alarm to one of disbelief. "Lois Lane!!! There are penalties for jokes like this, you know."

"I'll take the penalty gladly, Superman…..as long as I can watch you get out of the shower with just a towel on, later."

"Deal."

FINI

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"