Okay, Erica -- you asked for it!!
Here's our second Good/Evil MLTV Challenge!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Silence of the Lamb (the laugh Part)

“Hmm,” Lois muttered. She scrunched her nose in disgust. “Clark,” she called in a sing-song voice. When she caught his eyes, she continued, “Does your food taste funny?”

He shrugged, but allowed his lips to turn up into a smile. “No.” Then he laughed. “But you always say I don’t have any taste buds,” he teased. “Do you really trust me?” He wiggled his eyebrows.

“Of course I trust you.” She wrinkled her nose. “Sometimes.” Then she shook her head. “Seriously, can you taste this for me? I really think mine tastes funny.” Without waiting for a response, she got up and stretched languidly, trying to crack her back.

“Yeah, yeah,” he said, just loud enough for her to hear him. “Sometimes.” He lifted his glasses and rubbed his nose.

She picked up her plate and fork, and sauntered to her partner’s desk. “If it doesn’t kill you, it must be okay.”

Clark took the fork, and took a bite of her food, not moving his eyes from hers. “Tastes fine to me, honey.” He reached behind her and pulled her onto his lap. “It’s fine,” he breathed into her ear. “I don’t taste, see, or smell anything poisonous. The lamb meat is absolutely delicious.”

“I know,” she said softly. “I was just looking for an excuse to do this.” She turned her head and gently kissed his earlobe. “And this.” She traced a path of kisses down his face. “In the middle of the newsroom.” Then she planted a kiss straight onto his waiting lips.

“Smart,” he breathed. “You’re brilliant.” He wrapped an arm around her back and stopped her from getting up. “One of the many reasons I fell so madly in love with you.”

“Oh, I know,” Lois murmured. “I am perfect, aren’t I?”

“Absolutely.” He reached his other hand up to cup the side of her face. “Perfect.”

::::::::::>>><<<::::::::::::::

To be continued by the devil one . . .

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve