Part 1: The "Good" Part.

“Amazing,” Lois breathed, her lips inches from Superman’s. She reached out to run her hand across the S on his chest. “I never knew it could feel like this.”

“Lois, don’t say anything,” Superman whispered. He moved forward and brushed his nose against hers. “Not yet.” He brought his lips to hers, but before he kissed her, he said, “There’s something I have to show you.”

Lois moved her hand behind her hero’s head. “What?” she asked eagerly, not wanting their intimate moment to be disrupted.

“You’ll see.” Without waiting for her reply, he pulled her tightly against his chest and took to the sky.

“Oh!” she gasped.

The ground whizzed by beneath them, but Lois missed the spectacular show. Her eyes were fixed on Superman’s, and she didn’t want to break that contact. In his deep brown eyes, she got a sense that she instantly knew where she wanted to be for the rest of her life.

“We’re here,” his voice broke through her thoughts after a few moments in the air.

“Already?” Lois reluctantly pulled her gaze from him and stared at the ground far below them. “Where are we?”

He slowly floated down to the ground. “You’ll see.”

She rolled her eyes. “You could just tell me.” Then her eyes caught a large sign above their final destination. “The Metropolis Zoo?” she asked, puzzled.

“Yeah, I wanted you to meet someone very special to me.” A silly grin crossed his face.

She shook her head. “What do you mean? Don’t tell me your parents are giraffes.”

Superman landed, and put his arm around her back. “Of course not.” He laughed, “C’mon. I need to take you to Monkey Island.”

“Monkey Island? Don’t tell me your parents are monkeys!”

“No, my parents aren’t monkeys! Of course not.” He grinned. “I have to let you meet Monkeykins.”

“Monkey . . . kins?” She took a step back and shook her head. “I don’t think I want to go.”

To Be Continued in the Evil Part laugh .

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve