Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Phil, you're absolutely right! goofy

If we were to start deleting lines that "didn't make sense", we'd end up deleting half the fic, not to mention destroying exactly what we set out to create - surrealism. evil

Mere

A diabolically, fiendishly clever mind. Possibly someone evil enough to take over the world. CC Aiken, Can You Guess the Writer? challenge
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Yaaaayy!! I am so glad everyone had as much fun reading this as I did putting together the parts. smile
I will propose a few more 'spinoff' challenges as per your suggestions here. Also, if you want me to 'host' another surrealist challenge, just let me know. Or, anyone else is welcome to start one! It is kind of fun coming up with the quotes. laugh Especially when you have somethng in mind, and you see an author twist it into a completely different direction. (a la, "We did it!" which had me cracking up. Here I am thinking maybe Lois and Clark would break into a building or something...) :p
Glad everyone had fun; I admit the best part is looking at the transitions and trying to see when and where they actually happen.
Don't thank me! Thanks to all of YOU who participated!!
--Wanda thumbsup

"He's a man. I'm a woman. Do you want me to draw you a diagram?" -Lois Lane, I've Got a Crush on You.
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Especially when you have somethng in mind, and you see an author twist it into a completely different direction. (a la, "We did it!" which had me cracking up. Here I am thinking maybe Lois and Clark would break into a building or something...)
LOL! Thanks, Wanda. As soon as I saw the starting words you'd sent me, my very first thought was that I didn't want to do anything 'usual' with them. wink And shortly thereafter the Muse had grabbed the calamari and run off into the distance with it, so I just tried to keep up. goofy

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
Was the goal to combine a bunch of scenes and call it a story? As a fic and nfic reader (plot, beginning, middle, end) I don't get it. Or was this not designed for a reader like me to understand?

I'm not being funny; it feels as if this story was an inside joke that wasn't meant for those out of the know to understand.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
That's probably because you seem to have missed the last half of the title, Ethnica. wink And the connection from that to here

This was a challenge fic. If you read Wanda's post which issued the original challenge, the background should become clear. smile

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard