OP Offline
Pulitzer
A
laugh Cat doesn't change, does she?

I love the description of the date, and LOL at the ending! Poor Clark laugh

Keep writing, Paul! thumbsup

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#129345 09/07/04 05:18 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Another very clever alternate take on the whole "pet" challenge-- and what a funny cliffhanger!

I really enjoyed the whole Jack-enabled scenario... knowing Clark, he'll find a way to evict Cat or palm her off on someone... or he'll sleep on Lois' couch (er, above her couch, I guess) for the next several weeks rotflol ... but that's another story altogether, and not nearly so fun as just leaving it hanging here for our imaginations!

Nice job!

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
#129346 09/09/04 12:26 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
thumbsup

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
#129347 09/09/04 03:14 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Still working my way through these stories again, as I said... and now I've got to this one.

This one really had me stumped in the challenge, Paul. It begins so WAFFily, with lovely language and imagery, a romance so clearly in the making. Some of the phrasing sounded so familiar to me - I don't mean that I've read the same words before, but that the style of composing seemed familiar. But I couldn't put my finger on it.

I would never have guessed you for this in a million years - and yet I should have, remembering your Letter story. You can write lyrical and WAFFy; it's just that you mostly write humour. And, of course, this finished up with humour, big time! goofy

Nice work!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#129348 09/09/04 04:46 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, I got caught out by reading the comments folder again, so had to go check this one out. wink

Not going to be very original, I'm afraid (the Muse figures she's worked her tail off on SomH all week, so she's decided she needs a good long rest today, so having trouble stringing two sensible words together really).

But what a lovely, waffy description of the date and Clark's delight in this fledgling relationship is just so infectious.

And LOL on the ending. Poor, poor Clark.

Cute! thumbsup

LabRat [Linked Image]

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#129349 09/10/04 07:52 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Paul

This is great. smile1

Tricia cool

#129350 09/22/04 08:06 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks for the great FDK, everyone. smile

I'm glad you liked the date. It was fun to write. I had no idea what would happen until I actually wrote it. As with Rock, I started out knowing only the end line, and had a lot of fun finding out what came before. <g>

Glad to hear you think it can stand as it is, Toc. I was trying to figure out what, if anything, to do at that point. I had briefly considered writing more to it after the challenge, but I think you're right. It's best left there. Besides, I wouldn't really know what to do with it, anyway.

Thanks for the really lovely comments, everyone, both here and in the guess the author thread. I'm still tired and not quite making sense, so I'm sorry I'm not responding better. Perhaps I should have waited another week...

I'm very appreciative of all your very kind words, and honored by some of the writers I was confused with.

Thanks to Anna, Tic and Toc, Saskia, Wendy, Lab, Tricia, Kaethel, Mere, Yvonne, and CC! Wow, that makes this little folder seem a whole lot bigger, doesn't it?

Oh, BTW, CC, when do I get my action figure and trading cards? [Linked Image] ... On second thought, the trading cards are Smallville. You can keep them. :p Especially the Lanas. At least your lovely FDK makes up for the cards.

Thanks again! smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard