Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
KathyB Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I couldn't see another feedback folder for this one, so hopefully I'm not duplicating. Good idea, Mary, to post the story under your own name now so we can give proper feedback! I hope all the CYGTW authors do the same. smile

This was a fun story. I loved seeing all the "fanfic cameos", LOL! The "what a fish knows/sees" was a cute touch, not to mention the caged rat. wink You should post a list of them to make sure we got them all. <g>

Cute story; thanks for sharing it with us!

Kathy

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Mary, I really enjoyed this story. I'd never really thought about it before, but actually the resemblance between Lois Lane and John Cleese is quite striking! laugh

The cameos were ingenious, and I hope LabRat was paying attention to the dreadful fate awaiting her if she lets her muse run off again!

As for this:
"That's what the surveillance equipment is for."
rotflol

Thanks for the laughs! (Now... where's the next part of OSY? wink )

Mere

A diabolically, fiendishly clever mind. Possibly someone evil enough to take over the world. CC Aiken, Can You Guess the Writer? challenge
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Mary, *please* forgive me for not recognizing you! grovel I really loved this story, and it smelled of you all the way... I just kinda don't like going with the obvious.

It was really ROFLy, like all of your creations. And thanks for the cameos! smile

See ya + keep writing!!
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yeah, Mary, I'm kicking myself for not picking this as yours. In my own defense, I did say it has a 'Maryish quality.' (I should probably have gotten a half point for that.)

So nicely done, and so much fun.

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Top Banana
Top Banana
lol That was a great second read, Mary. Sorry I didn't guess you... now that I know, it should have been obvious. Loved all the cameos. And we sure have a lot of animals in this fandom. wink

Saskia smile

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Mary, this was great! Love your use of the classics. <G> Never would have thought of using the parrot sketch. You adapted it so well, too. Nice job with the title.

Cameos... let me see if I can get them all...

The clerk shrunk under Superman's gaze and cowered behind the counter like a frightened little mouse. "Well, sir---um---if the lady is not satisfied, we at Fred and Ozzie's Little Critters will gladly refund her money and give her any pet in the store---free of charge!"
FOLCs gets a new meaning. Nice use of the acronym.

Superman shrugged. "Well, I guess it just goes to show that no one really knows just what a fish knows."

"Or what a fish sees," Lois turned towards the little black cat that had just come padding up, curious to know who these strangers were.
Love your use of Anna's titles.

"Aw...." Lois allowed a little squeal to escape her as she bent down to pet the kitty. As soon as her fingers brushed against the soft fur, the cat leapt up and tried to scratch her. "Sheesh! It's cute and harmless, until you get up close! Then it's a killer!"

Superman mumbled something about Lex Luthor.
Is that a reference to "There's More Than One Way..."? If so, I'm honored.

Also, does it double as a reference to Kitty? (Even though, because of the other reference, this kitty doesn't turn out to be nice, it is still a kitty...)

"Well," said the clerk, "some of our pets are, in fact, second hand. This particular rat was once part of a STAR Labs experiment to see if rats could type. From what I hear, she performed amazingly well at this task, but then one day she just stopped doing it. No one knows why. They couldn't use her in their project anymore, and Dr. Klein didn't have the heart to put her to sleep or anything like that, so she ended up here."

Lois wagged her finger at the rodent. "That's what you get for lying down on the job!"
lol. Always love a good LabRat reference. And you even managed to get the STAR Labs link! And typing! Love the warning, too. laugh

They browsed the rest of the aisle, looking at various snakes, lizards, and reptiles, none of which Lois wanted. The dogs were too slobbery; the cats, too stuck up; the pig---too...Canadian. After considering and ruling out practically every pet in the store, Lois found herself being led to the bird section.
The Canadian Pig is a reference to Julie, right?

Superman voiced her astonishment, and the clerk explained to him (and indirectly to her) that this was a special breed of domesticated pelican imported from Norway, very rare, very valuable, and very unusual.
And here we have an unexpected Pelican. <g>

I think that's it. Unless there's something I'm missing with Marvel Boy. Is that just supposed to be a talking MB? Hadn't thought of that till just now.

Great ending, in any case. laugh

Good job, Mary! rotflol

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
"Well, sir---um---if the lady is not satisfied, we at Fred and Ozzie's Little Critters will gladly refund her money and give her any pet in the store---free of charge!"
Hadn't noticed that!! rotflol

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Thanks, guys, for all the compliments! laugh

Paul, you got pretty much all of them smile1

~•~
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well," said the clerk, "some of our pets are, in fact, second hand. This particular rat was once part of a STAR Labs experiment to see if rats could type. From what I hear, she performed amazingly well at this task, but then one day she just stopped doing it. No one knows why. They couldn't use her in their project anymore, and Dr. Klein didn't have the heart to put her to sleep or anything like that, so she ended up here."

Lois wagged her finger at the rodent. "That's what you get for lying down on the job!"
What? Hey! Bernie, she wails, how could you?!

goofy

Loved this - very witty, loved all the cameos (and thanks Paul for pointing them all out, so I found the ones that sailed right past me, too ) and the tagline was inspired. notworthy

LabRat [Linked Image]

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Mary

This is fantastic. smile1

Tricia cool

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow I just read this I know I'm late but hoody hoo!! LOL very funny!!!

Well done!!! rotflol

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard